Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/27/2011 3:06:11 AM EDT
http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=46443

Despite the White House harassment, and the loss of financing and insurance arrangements that came in the past, the Butler, Mo., car dealer who will be giving away AK-47’s again starting in October.

“Guess what? We are doing it again! It is the Fourth Annual Great Guns and Gas Give-Away!” said Mark Muller, the owner of Max Motors, whose July 17, 2009 interview with CNN’s Carol Costello about his promotion was great publicity, but brought him unwelcome attention.

Within days of the CNN broadcast, three agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives arrived at the dealership, he said.
The next day, Muller received a call from the ATF asking him to come in for a meeting with all of his personal guns, which they insisted they had to authority to order, he said. Muller held his ground and refused to submit to the audit without first going through due process.

“The ATF people were just as nice as can be. They were not mean or hateful—and finally I asked the lady on the phone: Don’t you have something better to do?” he said. He then re-explained that there were vouchers for guns and that no guns were being given away.

“She said: ‘Let me tell you how important this is, the White House started their morning with a briefing on you. We got a call from Washington, D.C. this morning. They wanted you checked out,” he said.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 3:08:03 AM EDT
[#1]
fuck 'em
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 3:08:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice to know der Furher can order an entire agency to attack a citizen who has not committed a crime.....
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 3:09:38 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

fuck 'em

First response and all.

Link Posted: 9/27/2011 3:10:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Everyone in the country (not working in government) should go buy a car from him.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 3:12:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Nice to know der Furher can order an entire agency to attack a citizen who has not committed a crime.....

this will only get worse, we have been sliding down the slippery slope for a while. so what if the man gives away a voucher for a firearm. would Obama be interetsed if a car dealership gave away basketballs and air jordans with a vehicle purchase
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 3:22:52 AM EDT
[#6]
If I lived in MO. I would definitely buy a car from him.  Stand Firm Brother!  FUCK BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 3:22:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Unconstitutional jack booted thugs assholes
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 3:39:15 AM EDT
[#8]
They're just mad that the rifles are going to go into the hands of lawful citizens and not to Mexico.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 3:43:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

this will only get worse, we have been sliding down the slippery slope for a while. so what if the man gives away a voucher for a firearm. would Obama be interetsed if a car dealership gave away basketballs and air jordans with a vehicle purchase

Of course he would. He'd order the WH staff to buy cars, and then confiscate the balls and shoes for his personal use.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 3:43:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Dealer in FL was doing this recently also.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 3:44:43 AM EDT
[#11]
The problem is Mexican criminals just aren't buying too many new cars in this economy.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 3:45:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Tyranny, plain and simple.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 3:45:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Unconstitutional jack booted thugs assholes

Exactly!
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 3:46:03 AM EDT
[#14]
In "Bowling for Columbine" Michael Moore made it look like you just strolled in the bank, plopped your CD (several thousand bucks) money down and walked out with a Weatherby.  No mention of the voucher, form 4473,  FFL transfer or common sense.  Unfortunately the unwashed masses of liberal scum believe every bit of semen soaked dribble that spews forth from Jabba's, no doubt, nasty mouth.  I'm not really suprised that they think he's handing out AK's on the street corner.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 3:47:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:
fuck 'em

First response and all.

I second that Fuck'em  and raise,, In their commie ass
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 3:48:37 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

They're just mad that the rifles are going to go into the hands of lawful citizens and not to Mexico.

Ironic but probably true.  

Link Posted: 9/27/2011 3:49:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Fuck, it's only like the 4th or 5th time. Hell, he even fired the CEO of a company, just because he could.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 3:49:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=46443

Despite the White House harassment, and the loss of financing and insurance arrangements that came in the past, the Butler, Mo., car dealer who will be giving away AK-47’s again starting in October.

“Guess what? We are doing it again! It is the Fourth Annual Great Guns and Gas Give-Away!” said Mark Muller, the owner of Max Motors, whose July 17, 2009 interview with CNN’s Carol Costello about his promotion was great publicity, but brought him unwelcome attention.

Within days of the CNN broadcast, three agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives arrived at the dealership, he said.
The next day, Muller received a call from the ATF asking him to come in for a meeting with all of his personal guns, which they insisted they had to authority to order, he said. Muller held his ground and refused to submit to the audit without first going through due process.

“The ATF people were just as nice as can be. They were not mean or hateful—and finally I asked the lady on the phone: Don’t you have something better to do?” he said. He then re-explained that there were vouchers for guns and that no guns were being given away.

“She said: ‘Let me tell you how important this is, the White House started their morning with a briefing on you. We got a call from Washington, D.C. this morning. They wanted you checked out,” he said.

Link Posted: 9/27/2011 3:50:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Curious the Administration would get involved with this, yet, they stay clear from Fast and Furious.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 3:51:51 AM EDT
[#20]
And the ATF says they have the authority to demand that a private citizen come to a meeting and bring all of his privately owned guns?   The fuck?
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 3:54:52 AM EDT
[#21]
I actually want to buy a car from this guy after reading that.

Link Posted: 9/27/2011 3:55:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The problem is Mexican criminals just aren't buying too many new cars in this economy.

Why would they? The US government is giving them AKs for free.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 3:57:11 AM EDT
[#23]
I love the guys at Max Motors for doing this, particularly in an election cycle where Obama is already "under the gun" for not having done anything anti-gun to appease all the anti-gunners who voted for him exactly because they thought he would do something anti-gun.  LIberty haters are gonna hate....Max Motors tells 'em to get fucked.  Just....awesome!
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 4:01:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Kinda funny how this same white house was running guns itself
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 4:02:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 4:02:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Yet many believe that Obama is just a stupid, hapless person who has no malicious will.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 4:08:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Our Government is a big problem that has gotten out of control.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 4:10:02 AM EDT
[#28]
This is astonishing. To be on the President's calendar at all is a serious indication that this White House is AWOL. The President should have briefing topics that include the economy,  National security issues, and Intelligence issues. If he/they are focused on a gun giveaway in MO they are more incompetent than anyone could ever imagine. Everything they seem to do is based on left wing interests, pandering to their special interests, and reelection.  The world we knew is no more. What is next is the question.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 4:10:35 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Our Government has been a big problem that has gotten out of control.

Link Posted: 9/27/2011 4:14:40 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

...so the WH gets a briefing when a car dealer gives away vouchers for rifles, but nobody at the WH level knows shit about the ATF op to run guns to Mexico.

Awesome.

IT seems so logical right?

Link Posted: 9/27/2011 4:16:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Our Government is a big problem that has gotten out of control.

From 1861.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 4:18:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Seriously, the amount of irony and arrogance in this government is astonishing.

Quoted:
...so the WH gets a briefing when a car dealer gives away vouchers for rifles, but nobody at the WH level knows shit about the ATF op to run guns to Mexico.

Awesome.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 4:18:45 AM EDT
[#33]
They wanted him to come to their office with all of his personal guns?  Get a warrant.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 4:19:37 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 4:20:15 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Awesome.

I was about to say, this administration having a briefing on X does not automatically imply to me that X is actually important.

Link Posted: 9/27/2011 4:21:13 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

In "Bowling for Columbine" Michael Moore made it look like you just strolled in the bank, plopped your CD (several thousand bucks) money down and walked out with a Weatherby. No mention of the voucher, form 4473,  FFL transfer or common sense.  Unfortunately the unwashed masses of liberal scum believe every bit of semen soaked dribble that spews forth from Jabba's, no doubt, nasty mouth.  I'm not really suprised that they think he's handing out AK's on the street corner.

I remember Moore stating in the film that the owner of the bank also held an FFL, and I also remember them showing him filling out the 4473, he commented on how ridiculous the questions were, as if someone would admit on the form that they're a fugitive from justice or was adjudicated mentally defunct. I don't remember any background check shown so it did make it seem like you just answer no to a bunch of trivial questions then walk out.

Link Posted: 9/27/2011 4:21:33 AM EDT
[#37]
If I was the dealer I would tell them to come to me.  I would then set up a conference room with all my personal guns on the table in plain view of the press and my cameras.
And then let the fun begin!
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 4:23:44 AM EDT
[#38]
hope he goes to the media and states his case every day, not just print media either, TV news, blogosphere, NRA, everyone.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 4:24:29 AM EDT
[#39]
Let me tell you how important this is, the White House started their morning with a briefing on you.

Wait, wait, I have a question:

I don't care one whit what those morons do. Why does them having a briefing about something make it improtant?

I'll be glad when the ATF is disbanded.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 4:25:25 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Let me tell you how important this is, the White House started their morning with a briefing on you.

Wait, wait, I have a question:

I don't care one whit what those morons do. Why does them having a briefing about something make it improtant?

I'll be glad when the ATF is disbanded...and made into a convenience store.

Link Posted: 9/27/2011 4:26:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 4:30:09 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
If I was the dealer I would tell them to come to me.  I would then set up a conference room with all my personal gun on the table in plain view of the press and my cameras.

Something about never inviting the man into your life.  His time is valuable, why should the ATF get to consume a finite resource that they cannot replace once their witch-hunt proves fruitless.

FWIW, this is not the first time they've done this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvd0cR0OwnA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BWPnWNSe_Q
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 4:33:32 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 4:34:27 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Seriously, the amount of irony and arrogance in this government is astonishing.

Quoted:

Awesome.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

One can only imagine what's going on at ATF headquarters these days. I guess this is just one more of those executive decisions that sounded like a great idea at the time, as they were all sitting around a conference call. It's really disturbing to witness what's happening with our government.

Link Posted: 9/27/2011 4:36:56 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 4:37:01 AM EDT
[#46]
I wouldn't be speaking with the ATF, I would have a legal department to do that if I had a car dealership.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 4:37:40 AM EDT
[#47]
The ATF has been running a Gun Give away on the Mexican border for how long?
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 4:39:42 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

“She said: ‘Let me tell you how important this is, the White House started their morning with a briefing on you. We got a call from Washington, D.C. this morning. They wanted you checked out,” he said.[/span]

and in turn, I'd like the White House, and the Administration as a whole, including the DOJ "checked out"!

Link Posted: 9/27/2011 4:42:25 AM EDT
[#49]
It would be better to have one gun on the table , preferably a large revolver .

Quoted:

If I was the dealer I would tell them to come to me.  I would then set up a conference room with all my personal guns on the table in plain view of the press and my cameras.

Link Posted: 9/27/2011 4:42:44 AM EDT
[#50]
he should have told her:
"That's interesting because at my car dealership we start everyday with a briefing on the White House."
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top