Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 9/26/2011 9:01:16 PM EDT
http://m.citynews.ca/news/156388/index.php#menu

That evening, Mitchell had borrowed his dad’s iPhone so he could listen to music and call home about dinner. A 12-year-old boy jumped him for the phone and slammed his mouth into the pavement, breaking his teeth.

The boy was arrested the next day, charged with assault and robbery and ordered to stay 500 metres away from Mitchell, which he breached at least twice.

After relentless bullying by friends of the alleged thief, Mitchell stopped sleeping and suffered anxiety attacks. He got counselling and was paired with a Grade 8 student to protect him.

He no longer walked alone, and his mobility declined to 20 per cent over the summer.

Then on Labour Day, Mitchell was served with a subpoena to appear in court on Sept. 28 to face the boy accused of robbing him.

He took his life later that night, and his father found him in the morning.  

And this all happened only one year after his mother died of cancer.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 9:02:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 9:03:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Insert COC violation  Prayers to that family

Gunny
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 9:03:51 PM EDT
[#3]
12 year old needs to be curb stomped.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 9:04:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Lets see now.  IIRC, about half of arfcom believes that bullying is just a normal part of growing up for children.  Boys will be boys, and all that.

Link Posted: 9/26/2011 9:05:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Kids are mean.  So are adults.

Either adjust or kill yourself, I suppose.

Link Posted: 9/26/2011 9:06:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Heartbreaking...

I'm not sure if I could control myself were I the father.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 9:06:27 PM EDT
[#7]
So what can we do about bullies?  Obviously robbing the kid and breaking his teeth needed more than a stern talking to, but what can we do?
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 9:06:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Kids are mean. So are adults.

Okay, yeah –– there we go.  I was right.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 9:07:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Poor kid. I wish kids would realize that none of the petty crap matters in the big picture.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 9:08:01 PM EDT
[#10]
The best part is the little scumbag shitbird that jumped the kid will get off scot-free with no record thanks to our wonderful Young Offender laws.

Link Posted: 9/26/2011 9:08:08 PM EDT
[#11]
I think it's disingenuous to call assault and robbery bullying.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 9:08:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Wow.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 9:09:16 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Yes, it would be.

But nobody is calling the initial crime bullying.  The bullying happened afterward.

Link Posted: 9/26/2011 9:09:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Correct, still very sad! Prayers go out to the family!!
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 9:10:06 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Poor kid. I wish kids would realize that none of the petty crap matters in the big picture.

These suicides are getting big media attention now, Lady Gaga and everything.

So you're going to have more sad kids doing this, thinking everyone will gather and cry when they're gone.

There were over 500 people at the recent funeral in Buffalo for the sexually confused kid.

I hate to say it, but it now looks like a glamorous escape

Link Posted: 9/26/2011 9:11:31 PM EDT
[#16]
fucking sad!

Link Posted: 9/26/2011 9:11:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, it would be.

But nobody is calling the initial crime bullying.  The bullying happened afterward.

My mistake, I didn't read the entire article. The way I read the OP was that he killed himself to avoid facing his assailant in court.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 9:14:19 PM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 9/26/2011 9:15:54 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, it would be.

But nobody is calling the initial crime bullying. The bullying happened afterward.

My mistake, I didn't read the entire article. The way I read the OP was that he killed himself to avoid facing his assailant in court.

I bet that kid is in heaven now. No more tears.

Link Posted: 9/26/2011 9:17:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Welcome to /GD/, where even victims of violent crime afflicted by crippling chronic diseases can't catch a motherfucking break.

You keep it classy, tough guy.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 9:23:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Welcome to /GD/, where even victims of violent crime afflicted by crippling chronic diseases can't catch a motherfucking break.

Yes, it's terrible he died.  I cannot imagine what his family is going through.  I cannot imagine what going through something like that would be like.  

I suspect you don't like the unemotional aspect of my post.  That doesn't change the fact that, taking emotion out of the argument, what I said is 100% correct.

Link Posted: 9/26/2011 9:27:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
http://m.citynews.ca/news/156388/index.php#menu

That evening, Mitchell had borrowed his dad’s iPhone so he could listen to music and call home about dinner. A 12-year-old boy jumped him for the phone and slammed his mouth into the pavement, breaking his teeth.

The boy was arrested the next day, charged with assault and robbery and ordered to stay 500 metres away from Mitchell, which he breached at least twice.

After relentless bullying by friends of the alleged thief, Mitchell stopped sleeping and suffered anxiety attacks. He got counselling and was paired with a Grade 8 student to protect him.

He no longer walked alone, and his mobility declined to 20 per cent over the summer.

Then on Labour Day, Mitchell was served with a subpoena to appear in court on Sept. 28 to face the boy accused of robbing him.

He took his life later that night, and his father found him in the morning.  

And this all happened only one year after his mother died of cancer.

How horrible, and I hope Karma has her way with that prepubescent criminal.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 9:28:01 PM EDT
[#24]
he had his teeth smashed out on a concrete floor for a fucking iphone
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 9:34:05 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, it's terrible he died.  I cannot imagine what his family is going through.  I cannot imagine what going through something like that would be like.  

I suspect you don't like the unemotional aspect of my post.  That doesn't change the fact that, taking emotion out of the argument, what I said is 100% correct.

I was going to call you an asshole when I first read your post, but then I realized this. I guess a few people didn't

Link Posted: 9/26/2011 9:35:25 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, it would be.

not bullying, witness tampering.

Link Posted: 9/26/2011 9:35:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Mitchell’s family has been warned the charges will likely be dropped when the 12-year-old goes to court next week since Mitchell will not be there to identify him. But they will still deliver their victim impact statements in the hope that he will not pick on the vulnerable again.

If I were that kid's father, I would spend the rest of my days in jail. Gladly.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 9:35:57 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

he had his tee[th] smashed out on a concrete floor for a fucking iphone

Eh, kids are mean, you know? [shrug]

~Texas Tough Guy
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 9:37:24 PM EDT
[#29]
when i was in HS, we had a kid who had MS or MD real bad.. thin as a twig and could barely walk...  i remember quite a few douche bags that picked on him... push him down, knocked his books...  he is close to 40 now, and still in bad shape...
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 9:38:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Lets see now.  IIRC, about half of arfcom believes that bullying is just a normal part of growing up for children.  Boys will be boys, and all that.

It is. Don't let your emotions fool you into believing this is commonplace. Child suicide is a anomaly. You only hear about it more these days because it's a new pet subject the media has picked up.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 9:39:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Big difference between boys being boys, and picking on a child with a handicap.

Big.

This is more akin to raping a girl with Downs Syndrome.

Link Posted: 9/26/2011 9:40:11 PM EDT
[#32]
There will always be bullies, but it says a lot about the kids that Mitchell went to school with that the bully wasn't jumped real good in a bathroom or something. When I was coming up (I graduated in 2001), we would have beat the hell out of someone that picked on a disabled kid.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 9:43:24 PM EDT
[#33]
The most outrageous thing is the bullies are probably laughing about it and won't ever care or be punished for it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 9:49:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow.

no agree with him to an extent...this world is becoming so pussified its disgusting it really is.  It's pitiful....at the same time this particular story is disgusting and makes my blood boil, and you know the crook in trainings parents didnt even do anything to him.  this story is just sad, it really is.  Bullying a sick kid...WTF.

Link Posted: 9/26/2011 10:00:13 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow.

no agree with him to an extent...this world is becoming so pussified its disgusting it really is. It's pitiful....at the same time this particular story is disgusting and makes my blood boil, and you know the crook in trainings parents didnt even do anything to him. this story is just sad, it really is. Bullying a sick kid...WTF.

So, bullying kids without diseases is okay?  Is that your position?

Link Posted: 9/26/2011 10:03:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow.

no agree with him to an extent...this world is becoming so pussified its disgusting it really is. It's pitiful....at the same time this particular story is disgusting and makes my blood boil, and you know the crook in trainings parents didnt even do anything to him. this story is just sad, it really is. Bullying a sick kid...WTF.

ya its a part of LIFE it happens to everyone at some point or another, also there are plenty of ass holes in this world adults included...this is another aspect of life you need to experience and be equipped to deal with cuz its going to happen....and not just once or twice.

i swear a year or so from now there are going to be people killing themselves because they got called a "fag" or a "loser" or were told to "go kill themselves" on the INTERNET...it wont even have to be in real life anymore.  just text on a forum or something is going to be enough to cause this stuff.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 10:05:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The most outrageous thing is the bullies are probably laughing about it and won't ever care or be punished for it.

sadly this.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 10:05:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 10:08:20 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

he had his teeth smashed out on a concrete floor for a fucking iphone

That surprises you?

Link Posted: 9/26/2011 10:10:07 PM EDT
[#40]
  Prayers for the family.  May God Bless them.  So sad.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 10:10:50 PM EDT
[#41]
As a father who has MD with an autistic son all I can say is no matter who they are if they hurt my child I am going to make them disappear or worse.  I don't care what happens after that but the perps days will be numbered.  Plain and simple.

Link Posted: 9/26/2011 10:10:51 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow.

Nobody should be bullied.

But you have to teach kids to stand up and defend themselves.

Enroll them into karate or other forms of self defense classes... DO SOMETHING!

The whole zero tolerance sticks and stones turn the other cheek bullshit... well, this is what you get.

Minds are fragile, they eventually snap.

Link Posted: 9/26/2011 10:11:16 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow.

So, bullying kids without diseases is okay? Is that your position?

ya its a part of LIFE it happens to everyone at some point or another, also there are plenty of ass holes in this world adults included...this is another aspect of life you need to experience and be equipped to deal with cuz its going to happen....and not just once or twice.

i swear a year or so from now there are going to be people killing themselves because they got called a "fag" or a "loser" or were told to "go kill themselves" on the INTERNET...it wont even have to be in real life anymore. just text on a forum or something is going to be enough to cause this stuff.

O - k - a - y.

Link Posted: 9/26/2011 10:13:16 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

I'm pretty sure that was an asshole thing to say. But, thank you for the kind words.

Link Posted: 9/26/2011 10:15:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Parents just need to bust their kids ass more, or something needs to happen to their parent. Then again usually the parents are usually just a "parent" who doesn't give a flying fuck what their kid/s do. I see it happen at my daughters school ALL the time.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 10:17:08 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lets see now. IIRC, about half of arfcom believes that bullying is just a normal part of growing up for children. Boys will be boys, and all that.

I'm pretty sure that was an asshole thing to say. But, thank you for the kind words.

Do you too believe that bullying kids –– so long as they have no diseases –– is okay?

Link Posted: 9/26/2011 10:18:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So it is GD.
I was going to go and double check that I didn't accidentally click on the woman's forum.

Link Posted: 9/26/2011 10:20:12 PM EDT
[#48]
The poor kid.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 10:21:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Lets see now. IIRC, about half of arfcom believes that bullying is just a normal part of growing up for children. Boys will be boys, and all that.

Do you too believe that bullying kids –– so long as they have no diseases –– is okay?

ok well let me ask you 1 thing then.  Lets say you have a kid, never bullied, no drama...nothing.  Life is rainbows and fairy dust.  What happens when he is an adult and runs into some serious conflict or sees the REAL WORLD.  You gonna let him come home and live in the back room in a fetal position the rest of your days?  Let him quit his job, his family, his life...cuz "they're mean and i dont like it" or something.  Say ya the worlds a scary place?  take the easy way out?

i'm curious as to your outlook on things....how would raising people like that be a positive thing?

Link Posted: 9/26/2011 10:26:17 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, it would be.

But nobody is calling the initial crime bullying. The bullying happened afterward.

I bet that kid is in heaven now. No more tears.

http://media.citytv.topscms.com/images/ba/22/a406a7bd4e679235a9c4236a7fa6.jpg

Reminds me of my brother.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top