Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/10/2002 7:57:05 AM EDT
Police reporting a possible bomb and some grenades found just a half of a block from where I work. Was out on a smoke break watching the bomb squad arrive. This is just across the street from the Peabody Hotel in Memphis. All the squad car's are at the Holiday Inn Select that is too close if this thing turn's out to be true. News crew's have not even showed up yet.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 8:11:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Keep us posted BeauBeaux.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 8:12:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Lord sakes, [b]BeauBeaux[/b], they better not rattle those ducks in the Peabody Hotel!

They're messing with the wrong folks there in Memphis! Just stroll down the block and check out Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest in the park.

Does it look like he's the sort of man that would look kindly upon any disruptions in the lives of his children?

Eric The(ShermanKnowsBetter!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 8:46:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Police still on the scene, no word yet if it's real or a hoax. Bomb Squad still working, guess we won't know till they get it in the tank.

That would really upset some folk's if they disturbed the duck's in the Peabody.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 8:52:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Alot of Memphis already looks like it was bombed. Get out of there bro. before you become a statistic. My father-in-law works in Memphis and hates it. He will retire in about 10 months though and never go back. I don't see how ya'll do it!
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 10:25:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Police gone all clear. Never did find anyone that could tell me if it was real or a fake. Talked to several at lunch and no news. Guess everything is back to normal [whatever that is].

Pangea, my time here is short also, planning on a move to my farm. [smoke]
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 10:49:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Some one set us up the bomb. Make your time. All your ducks are belong to us........
[x]
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 11:54:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Some one set us up the bomb. Make your time. All your ducks are belong to us........
[x]
View Quote

Ha! Ha!
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 5:14:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Finally got the real story. It was in the Best Western next door to the Holiday Inn Select on Union in downtown Memphis. Two hand gerenades taped together in a plastic bag. Placed in a toilet in one of the room's. Bomb Squad removed them and found no powder in the grenades. So not a false alarm but no danger either. [smoke]
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 5:17:54 AM EDT
[#9]
I hope it wasn't a pre-ban toilet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top