Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/10/2002 7:25:55 AM EDT
[url]http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&ncid=716&e=1&u=/ap/20020610/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/terror_arrest_5[/url]
I thought these military tribunals were just supposed to be for foreigners captured outside of the US.  This guy is a US Citizen, apparently captured in Chicago.  [:o]

There is old US Supreme Court prescedent saying this is possible, but I thought Bush's tribunals were not going to go that far.

I am all for putting him on trial, but think it should be done in the regular federal courts.  They are even putting that Moussaoui on trial in the regular courts, and he is not even a US citizen.

Link Posted: 6/10/2002 7:37:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm glad to hear that he is a US citizen. That means we won't have to hear any foreign goverments griping when we find him guilty of whatever they want to charge him with and we hook him up to old Sparky.....
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 7:39:04 AM EDT
[#2]
US citizen planning to detonate a radiological bomb....try him as a traitor.  Since we're at war -- he gets the death penalty.

- CD
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 7:40:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
US citizen planning to detonate a radiological bomb....try him as a traitor.  Since we're at war -- he gets the death penalty.

- CD
View Quote

Sounds good to me.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 7:46:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

You won't get any objections from me. Hell, I'll even pay for the electricity to fry him..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top