Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/9/2002 8:00:31 PM EDT
Tonight, for some reason, every time I change a web page, even to read a post here within the same board, I get a warning that something is missing in my content adviser and I have to go disable it at Tools, Internet Options, Content, and Content Adviser.  This keeps happening over and over even after I have disabled it. I have to repeatedly disable it. What the heck is going on?  Could this be some kind of virus that Norton missed?

I booted the computer 3 times, hoping that would straighten it out.  No good.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 8:36:49 PM EDT
[#1]
yes its a virus called Shoddy Microsoft Programming.

content advisor is a POS. the only fix is to reinstall your current version if Internet Explorer. or upgrade to the newest. to reinstall it go to C:\Windows Update Files
and find the IESetup.exe file(name will be close to that) and run it.

have fun
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 9:35:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I have seen this problem quite a few times in the past. It happens when the "ratings.pol" file becomes corrupted.

Rather than explain the fix, just go here for instructions:

[url]support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q242037[/url]

-
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 1:30:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have seen this problem quite a few times in the past. It happens when the "ratings.pol" file becomes corrupted.

Rather than explain the fix, just go here for instructions:

[url]support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q242037[/url]

-
View Quote
Thanks, that did the trick.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top