Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2002 7:29:07 PM EDT
I like the show(even though Richard Dean Anderson is pro-gun control:()and look forward to checking it out every Friday night on Showtime. I love those MP5's!!!!!!! BTW anyone know what type of sling they use???
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 7:32:21 PM EDT
[#1]
It's on Fridays on the Sci Fi Network now.  And they've been using FN P90s for a couple seasons now.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 7:35:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Dude the new episode are now on SciFi. Premiere was last Fri. 7PM CDT. I love the show too. I like it even better lately that they have switched to the FN P90. I loved the evolution of their weaponry. Started with the MP5 for about 2 seasons, then to the M4, and now the P90. I can't wait to see what they are gonna be carrying next. That Amanda Tapping(Maj. Carter) ain't too bad either.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 7:35:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Not only are they now on the SciFi Channel , they are showing [i]NEW[/i] episodes for the summer . Can't get better than that !
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 7:49:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I miss the Jaffah (sp?) having those big armor helmets, but I guess that doesnt fit in their budget. Not to mention in the film it isnt a worm inside the Kid who is Ra, when the nuke goes off you can see right thru him and see the Alien under his skin.

Overall not a bad show, just needs increased funding.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 7:55:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I watch the real ones on showtime, the sci-fi channel stuff is edited and are reruns of the older showtime episodes.  It's the only series Showtime makes that I can stand, meanwhile most of HBO's series are excellent.  
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 8:04:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I like the P90's too, but the stock looks kinda cheesy...BUT Wait a sec so the NEW shows are only on the Sci-Fi network and not on Showtime??? I thought they were just filming new ones...crapola I'll be bummed if I missed some of the new ones...Agreed Amanda Tapping is a cutie, BUT that Tokra chick that kept coming to earth…WOW…BTW anyone else think they were smoking crack on that 100th episode???
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 8:29:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Like Lordtrader (chromedome) says, SG-1 is now on the Sci-Fi Channel.  Showtime cancelled it as of last year.

[url]http://www.stargate-sg1.com/home/news/index.html#Channel[/url]
"Stargate SG-1 Ascending To SCI FI Channel
After wrapping its arrangement with Showtime, Stargate SG-1 has made the quantum leap to its new Friday night digs on SCI FI Channel. The team of unlikely heroes that have excited and moved audiences over the past five seasons will live on in all-new original episodes, beginning June 7, 2002, when fans can tune in to all the action, adventure and human drama that has characterized the Emmy-nominated series since its inception.

Thanks to the visionary folks at SCI FI Channel, Stargate SG-1 will present 22 new one-hour adventures, beginning Friday, June 7 at 9:00 pm. Every week the show will be paired up with the network's hit series Farscape (10:00 pm), bringing viewers two full hours of the best sci-fi television TV has to offer."

Since I don't get Showtime I never was able to see the uncut versions of SG-1.  One of the guys bought the boxed set of CD's and I have to say that with the nudity it is a different show.

Now that it is paired up with Farscape (Claudia Black, yummy!) it's a Sci-Fi Friday for me.
[img]http://fp.culttv.plus.com/claudiablack/images/main.jpg[/img][img]http://fp.culttv.plus.com/claudiablack/photographs/cbphoto42.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 6/9/2002 8:31:52 PM EDT
[#8]
gunman0 showtime no longer airs new SG1 eps. they are now on Scifi. which sucks because i lose my HD transmission of the show..

Samantha Carter/Amanda Tapping is such a fox. when she smiles she only looks better!
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 8:33:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Claudia Black just has that Bad Girl appeal...
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 8:38:37 PM EDT
[#10]
That is my favorite show. It's kewl how in the show we are learning more and more about alien technology and reverse engineering it and producing it our selves. That's a high quality show....much beter then MacGuyver ever was [:D]
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 9:17:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I watch the real ones on showtime, the sci-fi channel stuff is edited and are reruns of the older showtime episodes.  It's the only series Showtime makes that I can stand, meanwhile most of HBO's series are excellent.  
View Quote

It ain't on Showtime anymore. It was taken over by the Sci Fi Channel as of last Friday.  the Sci Fi Channel never showed reruns...those were on USA and Fox AFAIK.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 9:35:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Claudia Black, yummy is right on the mark USNJoe. I believe she's been described as the poster girl for frontal assault.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 10:18:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Well.... does that mean that no SG-1 shows will be shown on standard air broadcast?  I'm getting it via ABC on Saturdays at 7pm.  Ever since I saw the advertisement, I was wondering if I'll still be able to watch it.....

If not, I hate the idea of them moving it to a 'channe' that you have to pay for......

Link Posted: 6/10/2002 5:23:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Syndicated re-runs are being shown on FOX. However, they are about 2 seasons behind. Showtime decided to drop the program to make way to a new one. Don't quite re-call the title. Goes in-line with the whole NEW Sci Friday line up. Sci-Fi channel was only eager to pick up the slack. The guy that plays Daniel Jackson decided to bow out, hence his character got killed, so to speak, last season. Syndicated shows will continue to be shown. Not certain, but I believe TNT is also starting to show em now.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 11:05:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Dude the new episode are now on SciFi. Premiere was last Fri. 7PM CDT. I love the show too. I like it even better lately that they have switched to the FN P90. I loved the evolution of their weaponry. Started with the MP5 for about 2 seasons, then to the M4, and now the P90. I can't wait to see what they are gonna be carrying next. That Amanda Tapping(Maj. Carter) ain't too bad either.
View Quote

Why the hell can these fvckers use the P90? Isn't
it ILLEGAL? Fvckers in hollywood think they're
SPECIAL and can get around the BS gun laws THEY
get crammed down our throats....
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 11:20:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ah, I am fairly sure the P90s are blanks-only guns.  There have long been exceptions for prop guns and blank guns in the various gun laws.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 12:09:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Syndicated re-runs are being shown on FOX. However, they are about 2 seasons behind. Showtime decided to drop the program to make way to a new one. Don't quite re-call the title. Goes in-line with the whole NEW Sci Friday line up. Sci-Fi channel was only eager to pick up the slack. The guy that plays Daniel Jackson decided to bow out, hence his character got killed, so to speak, last season. Syndicated shows will continue to be shown. Not certain, but I believe TNT is also starting to show em now.
View Quote

Well, the last episode I saw here on my local channel (not a Fox station)... was SG 1 with their 'mother ship' and they were lost in space.... literally and the 'bad guy' was w/ them.... in his 10x ship.  That was the seson finally here.....
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 12:53:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Ah, I am fairly sure the P90s are blanks-only guns.  There have long been exceptions for prop guns and blank guns in the various gun laws.
View Quote

Actully they are the real deals. the use special loads that have enough kick to cycle the weapon. i have a copy of a "behind the scenes" where the propboss explains this. its all shot in Canada. Vancouver(SP)
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 12:54:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, the last episode I saw here on my local channel (not a Fox station)... was SG 1 with their 'mother ship' and they were lost in space.... literally and the 'bad guy' was w/ them.... in his 10x ship.  That was the seson finally here.....
View Quote

that was the end of season 4(they showed up in the way far out space and ended the show).  Season 5 is next for you.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 1:05:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
its all shot in Canada. Vancouver(SP)
View Quote

Well, I have no idea what the Canadian laws are about movie guns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top