Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/9/2002 3:58:47 PM EDT
damn good book my friend loaned me a digital copy  i need to buy it asap and i suggest u do to if u dont already own it. read it and pass it on.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 4:06:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought two copies of UC when it first came out, after I read it, I passed it around to friends.

I only know where one of the copies is now, but that's OK, 'cause wherever the other one is, it must be doing some good!

Eric The(LookingOnTheBrightSide)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 4:42:13 PM EDT
[#2]
What are the odds of it ever becoming a movie and if so, what are the odds of the filmmaker sticking to the book?

I'm thinking it would be rewritten something along the lines "Crazy militia attacks law abiding, freedom loving Feds."
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 4:53:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Great book.  Long live Henry Bowman. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 7:41:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Heard about it long before I read it; sorry I waited so long.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 7:48:10 PM EDT
[#5]
OK, now I've got to read it.

Any tips or hints before I get started?
Things to look for or pay special attention to?

How 'bout where I can get a copy?
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 8:19:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Busmaster: I got mine at the gunshow.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 8:29:43 PM EDT
[#7]
There was a hard-bound edition that Princeton owned that he loaned to me on the condition that as soon as I am finished, I will loan it to another member. I really wonder what happened to the book and who has it now..
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 8:31:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I have lent my copy to several friends and even reread UC a couple times. I best advise is as soon as you finish the book reread it. Aww the powers of shot placement.~~.22 short.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 8:32:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well funny you should ask.  I have recommended to people to take a sheet of paper and after a new character is introduced, write down their name and something about them to help you remember them.  Characters come and go fast and back later and it is sometimes hard to keep track.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 8:33:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I now have this deep seated desire to own a Solothurn 20mm!
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 8:50:31 PM EDT
[#11]
I found this site looking for the book...

I sure hope this is what you are looking for.
[url]http://www.henrybowman.com/[/url]

Some of the other pages were decidedly different.

For example:
Unintended Consequences: Pro-Handgun Experts Prove That Handguns Are a Dangerous Choice For Self-Defense
http://www.vpc.org/studies/unincont.htm

ByteTheBullet  )-:

edited to say : I did not make the second link 'active' on purpose...
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 10:02:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 10:07:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Excellent work Sluggo.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 10:21:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Knowledge is contagious, infect the truth.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 10:58:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I would buy five copies of UC and give them to both "gun people" and others who I know would at least give consideration to the content as well as the story.  I think that Borders may start stocking it locally in as much as I order it to the extent that I do.  
View Quote

And thanks to dubya giving expanded powers to the FBI, you will be watched as a potential domestic terrorist. Giving away freedom in exchange for temporary safety; ain't it just grand?
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 1:26:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Feeding the hogs. [;)]
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 5:19:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What are the odds of it ever becoming a movie and if so, what are the odds of the filmmaker sticking to the book?

I'm thinking it would be rewritten something along the lines "Crazy militia attacks law abiding, freedom loving Feds."
View Quote

We'd have to make the movie ourselves to keep it looking anything like the original.

Sounds like a great AR15.com project!

I read UC by borrowing it from the Salt Lake City Public Library - go figure.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 6:47:50 AM EDT
[#18]
I bought my copy from Amazon.com

[url]www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1888118040/qid=1023720065/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_1/102-9981219-3314516[/url]

Current price $20.27
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 8:30:00 AM EDT
[#19]
I've bought three copies so far. Two have been 'touring' the US via the 'Please pass it on when you're finished' network for over two years. No idea where they are and what they've seen. As far as the last one, it's somewhere here in county. Hopefully it will continue the local circuit until the hogs are sated.
[beer]
Time to purchase another copy. I trying to get UC into the Top Ten Best Sellers Ever list!
[bounce]
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 8:46:03 AM EDT
[#20]
If I had not given it away, I would have thrown it away.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top