Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/9/2002 3:15:40 PM EDT
But they may have a point?

[url]www.theregister.co.uk/content/6/25628.html[/url]
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 9:30:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Fuck them.  We don't but into their politics, they need to keep the fuck out of ours.  Of course, this Brit asshole is pro-Democrat and no, they don't have a point.  I love this:

Second, getting Congress mired in this vast political and bureaucratic monstrosity is a brilliant way to ensure that Members lay off him about the Enron scandal and the current intelligence failure, both of which threaten to do him substantial political harm.
View Quote
Of course, he fails to mention that the reason it has died is that the Democrats stand to suffer more politically, especially Clinton, as they were more deeply involved with Enron that anyone else.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 7:05:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I really thought the gestapo statements were funny coming from a total police state.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 7:41:28 AM EDT
[#3]
My response to the author of the article (for those who give a rats ass):

First of all, are you even a US Citizen?  If not, I don't see how it possibly affects you.  

What I find ironic is that this article comes from a subject of a country that has more restrictions on civil liberties than the even the worst US tyrants could ever hope for.  (How often to you smile at the cameras posted on nearly ever street corner in London and elsewhere across that little island of yours).  And lets not talk about self-defense.

Gestapo?  Seems like your country has already has that in "spades" there my friend.

Back to your article.  The way our Intelligence community is currently structured, information sharing is practically non-existent.  The CIA, FBI, NSA, Coast Guard, FEMA,  and INS all may have parts of a larger puzzle, but unless there is an organization that can take those pieces and make the picture,  we'll continue to have critical gaps in threat assessment.

As far as creating a vast federal bureaucracy, I don't think it'll be a large as some fear.  Existing departments and agents will simply be moved into the new organization.  Of course there will be an initial financial outlay, but most new departments require that.

On a side note.  What is the deal with you Europeans and your obvious contempt for our President?  Christ, you piss and moan about our "unilateral internationalism"  when it suits you for a particular argument, then in the same breath say we're not doing enough elsewhere (re: the Israeli / Palestinian conflict).

If you don't like our leadership, try growing a spine and do it yourselves.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top