Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/9/2002 2:56:23 PM EDT
This is one of the reasons why I think we are just relinquishing are freedoms slowly.

[url]shotgunnews.com/knox/knox.dog?file=2002062.htm&tissue=2002062[/url]
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 6:07:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 6:23:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Do not fall into the trap of thinking the Republicans (or NRA) SUPPORT your gun rights!!  They merely OPPOSE them a little less.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 6:31:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I will say that this is both a success and a slap in the face.

Keep in mind that this "official" interpretation of the 2nd amendment in our government's eyes could be used to help us greatly in the future.

Hell who knows, maybe this is all backward!

Maybe this is our government SLOWLY relinquishing laws to a more gun friendly country.

I know its far fetched, but hey, what's wrong with wishful thinking, as long as I know where the government really stands, I won't be caught off guard.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 7:12:48 PM EDT
[#4]
[b]When asked whether NRA would use DOJ’s position to attempt to repeal existing laws she said "There are also many laws on the books that the NRA has helped implement.... For example, the National Instant Check System was the brainchild of our former chief lobbyist."

The NICS system is virtual firearms registration, regardless how many days the firearms purchase records are supposedly kept, for the computer is backed up every night.

As envisioned about 1988 by NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre, then ILA Director, and then-Federal Director Jim Baker, it was never supposed to get into a computer. But it does, and NICS has become a dangerous threat to the right to keep and bear arms – as some of us predicted.[/b]

NRA also helped write the Assault Weapons" ban...

[b]This was a political decision by both the Bush Justice Department and the Fifth Circuit. They’re acknowledging the overwhelming evidence that the Second Amendment guarantees an individual right, but unwilling to recognize that it should strike down many or most Federal gun laws – and some state laws.[/b]

No surprise's here. The Constitution is merely a minor inconvience nowadays...Meanwhile de-facto gun registration goes on, (NICS), and the Federal govt is hireing MASSIVE numbers of armed agents for the "War On Terror". Connect the dots....

Link Posted: 6/9/2002 10:18:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Just think what would happen to the NRA if the supreme court finds all gun control laws unconstitutinal...no more HCI to mention in fundraising letters, no more big multimillion dollar office, no more job for La Pierre and the rest of the staff...

The NRA has become a business so it is in their best interest to keep gun control alive.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 10:20:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Just think what would happen to the NRA if the supreme court finds all gun control laws unconstitutinal...no more HCI to mention in fundraising letters, no more big multimillion dollar office, no more job for La Pierre and the rest of the staff...

The NRA has become a business so it is in their best interest to keep gun control alive.
View Quote

There's more truth to that statement than we can ever know. Without an "enemy" what else would they do?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top