User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2002 2:15:33 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 2:35:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks like it was made on a Friday.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 4:00:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I hear what you are saying. More and more this nation seems incapable of producing anything of quality anymore. The only thing that seems to be right the first time and on time is the billing!

My SAR1 is a good example. The only problem with this great AK variant is the AMERICAN made and installed trigger group parts! It is sad that the U.S. parts can't compete with the Romanian OEM.

I love this nation, but everyday I see more evidence of our descent into 3rd world status. (yeah I know we still have a long way to go)
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 4:49:47 AM EDT
[#3]
too comment on the topic in brief-

.. not a whole lot. Sad when China and Korea cranks out better product than we do.

When we start buying Made In Russia only, maybe the unions will sit the hell down and shut up long enough to realize how badly they screw the blue coller workers, the companies, and the consumers. - or things will stay the same, who knows? I'm sure A lot of guys really earn that 65k a year pushing a broom... (yeah - exaggeration (slight) I know, so don't tell me)
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 5:03:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I work at Boeing and I'll tell you what we would do about it. HIT IT WITH A HAMMER TILL IT FITS.

Could you modify the clamps?
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 5:04:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Americans have been telling corporate America that the important things to them are low price and convenience for quite some time now. Paying more for a quality product and having to wait for it just doesn't fly now. Let's use a fast-food drive-through as an example. If you check your order, you're "wasting time" and we can't have that(!), so you drive off without doing so. You get home, back to work, etc, and of course you find that something is missing or you got the wrong order. Who really calls up, or turns around to go back and get it made right? Nobody - but they continue going there, rewarding poor service with continued patronage.

Americans want lower quality goods at a lower price, and they want them [b]now[/b] - at least that's the message we send when we continue to do business with companies that screw up our orders, nd then charge us a restocking fee on top of everything. But what do you expect when your order is taken by minimum-wage high-school dropouts with telephone headsets and no knowledge of the product they're selling or its applications?

Link Posted: 6/10/2002 5:37:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Find out if it's a Union shop..inquiring minds want to know....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top