Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/18/2011 6:55:45 AM EDT
Seriously, 2 day free shipping?  There's nothing I need that I can't get sitting in my skivies.  It's just waaaay to easy.  Haven't even checked out the free movies yet, I'm too busy buying shit.
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 7:14:51 AM EDT
[#1]
i don't spend a dime at amazon or other places when i can access most reading free. I'm sure there are good deals on items other than books, videos. However i prefer to handle merchandise prior to purchase.

http://onlinebooks.library.upenn.edu/

http://www.overdrive.com/

http://www.baen.com/library/
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 7:19:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Free 2nd day shipping no matter what has cost me way too much money.

"A kayak?  Shit, normally shipping would kill it.  Let's see what Amazon has..."

2 days later a fucking kayak shows up at my door.  I live in an apartment in Kansas.  What the fuck do I need a kayak for?!  My wife just looked at me like this:
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 7:23:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 7:32:51 AM EDT
[#4]
was thinking of amazon  prime too- sounds like its "good"?

thought i heard that it has vide rental/stream like netflix too?

Link Posted: 9/18/2011 7:34:21 AM EDT
[#5]
I love it too, I haven't bought anything for a while, because I've been buying wine on wine.woot. Off to amazon...
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 7:43:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Amazon prime free for one year with your .edu email address.  

That's how I got started.  Worth every penny.  When mine expired they offered another year for half price.  Uhhhh...sold!
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 7:52:39 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a baby, and we save SOOOOOO much money on amazon prime.  Unfortunately I spend that money on other stuff that I save alot of money on.
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 7:56:31 AM EDT
[#8]
You wear skivvies while surfing amazon? I never felt the need to make it a formal event...

+1 on the amazon prime. It is the first place I search for stuff I need. Walmart prices without the walmart customers (or taxes/shipping). Too bad they don't carry ammo.
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 7:57:33 AM EDT
[#9]
keep buying from Amazon everybody........

job security for me
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 7:59:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Can you order live hookers on Amazon?
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 8:02:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Just be careful. Not everything is Prime-eligible, and sometimes, those items that are cost a bit more.

That said, it's still a good deal IMO.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 8:02:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

"A kayak?  Shit, normally shipping would kill it.  Let's see what Amazon has..."

2 days later a fucking kayak shows up at my door.  I live in an apartment in Kansas.  What the fuck do I need a kayak for?!  My wife just looked at me like this:

Dude, that is a great post right there.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 8:05:21 AM EDT
[#13]
If you're in a hurry, pay $3.99 and get your kayak next day
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 8:05:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
i don't spend a dime at amazon or other places when i can access most reading free. I'm sure there are good deals on items other than books, videos. However i prefer to handle merchandise prior to purchase.

Where have you been? Amazon hasn't been primarily a book seller in years. Sure they have them, but they have everything else too.

And as for the other stuff, I don't need to hold them to know what kind of razor blades I want or levi jeans. Heck, I think I'll buy some toothpaste and shampoo now so I can stop forgetting to get them at the store.
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 8:09:38 AM EDT
[#15]
My free year just expired but I will take advantage of the half price deal.
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 8:11:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Amazon prime free for one year six months with your .edu email address.  

That's how I got started.  Worth every penny.  When mine expired they offered another year for half price.  Uhhhh...sold!

FIFY. It was reduced recently.
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 8:12:12 AM EDT
[#17]
What exactly is prime?  Prepaid shipping?

There is an Amazon shipping hub just across the Kansas border from me, is it worth getting when stuff pretty much gets to me overnight anyway?
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 8:15:33 AM EDT
[#18]
I use Amazon Prime; I check Amazon prices before buying almost any thing. Lately, we have been viewing the free to Prime customers TV shows and movies. The cost is well worth it to me.
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 8:15:38 AM EDT
[#19]
I don't do amazon prime, but I did sign up for VIP at zappos.com, which was free. That gets me free overnight shipping on anything from there.
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 8:16:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
What exactly is prime?  Prepaid shipping?

There is an Amazon shipping hub just across the Kansas border from me, is it worth getting when stuff pretty much gets to me overnight anyway?

Yeah, it's pretty much prepaid shipping at a flat rate. Pay your 80 a year (or less if you're renewing apparently) and get free 2 day shipping.
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 8:18:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Really?
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 8:19:39 AM EDT
[#22]
There is a guy here that bought a bosch table saw and 3.99 next day. A freaking table saw!!!
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 8:19:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Amazon prime free for one year six months with your .edu email address.  

FIFY. It was reduced recently.

Anyone know if they offer similar for a .mil email?

Link Posted: 9/18/2011 8:21:48 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Agreed.

I'm a bit of an inventor/tinkerer but buying hard-to-find parts a few at a time kills the cost of a project. I found www.smallparts.com is an Amazon partner so I can pick up metal and plastic raw materials cheap with no shipping cost. Picked up a six foot long 3 inch wide quarter inch thick piece of aluminum for the cost of shipping alone from my old place.

No tax is a nice bonus too - even if I have to pay a bit more I'd rather have the money go to Amazon than the state.

oh my...  thanks for that link

Link Posted: 9/18/2011 8:22:27 AM EDT
[#25]
You guys convinced me to start with Prime a few months ago, and it has worked out great.
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 8:23:59 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Amazon sells WAY more than books, grandpa.

Link Posted: 9/18/2011 8:25:53 AM EDT
[#27]
I just renewed for my second year, and I've been telling everyone the same thing.

It's almost out of hand. If I could dinner from the place I'd never leave the house anymore! I actually ordered trash bags once because I didn't need anything else from the grocery store! 2 days, no shipping cost?! You start ordering all kinds of silly crap! IT ROCKS!
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 8:32:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Only free for six months now.
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 8:34:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Prime is awesome.
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 8:37:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Do they sell AMMO?
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 8:39:19 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Do they sell AMMO?

They don't  

I did just order a shitton of cleaning supplies through them tho!

Link Posted: 9/18/2011 8:42:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Prime is great. And the subscribe stuff for certain items (vitamins, food, etc) is pretty amazing as well (I don't think it's part of prime though), saves a ton of money. I think my UPS guy is starting to hate me though...
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 8:45:38 AM EDT
[#33]
Oh, my wallett has been thin for a few years with prime.   Then get the iphone app. Scan a bar code in a store and presto the app tells you what it costs at amazon.   And then all you need to do is hit the button to add to your cart and check out.    I have ordered alot of tools cheaper than the organge or blue big home stores.
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 8:53:05 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 8:54:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 8:55:40 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Prime is great. And the subscribe stuff for certain items (vitamins, food, etc) is pretty amazing as well (I don't think it's part of prime though), saves a ton of money. I think my UPS guy is starting to hate me though...

Order a few cases of ammo.  He'll appreciate the amazon orders after that

Link Posted: 9/18/2011 8:57:48 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

no but with free 2 day shipping the dead ones are still somewhat warm

How much is a membership again?
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 9:02:51 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

no but with free 2 day shipping the dead ones are still somewhat warm

It's very much worth the 3.99 upgrade to next day air for dead hookers in my opinion...
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 9:02:58 AM EDT
[#39]
Amazon prime is awesome. I've saved (or spent) a ton of cash using it.

Be warned: They will charge you again every year without asking. If the credit card you used before is expired, they will just use the next unexpired card they have on your file. I ended up with $35 in overdraft fees because they decided to charge my unused debit card. It was a pain in the ass to get it fixed (I had to fax them a bunch of stuff and I don't even have a fax machine), so I just ate the $35 and moved on.

Besides that, Amazon has been very good to me. When I dropped my kindle and the screen broke out of warranty, the guy on the phone implied that we bought so many books it was cheaper for them to send us a new one for free. That was very nice of them.
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 9:14:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/18/2011 9:19:59 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Amazon prime is awesome. I've saved (or spent) a ton of cash using it.

Be warned: They will charge you again every year without asking. If the credit card you used before is expired, they will just use the next unexpired card they have on your file. I ended up with $35 in overdraft fees because they decided to charge my unused debit card. It was a pain in the ass to get it fixed (I had to fax them a bunch of stuff and I don't even have a fax machine), so I just ate the $35 and moved on.

Besides that, Amazon has been very good to me. When I dropped my kindle and the screen broke out of warranty, the guy on the phone implied that we bought so many books it was cheaper for them to send us a new one for free. That was very nice of them.

Once you set it up you can actually go into the preferences and change the auto renew option.

But yes, it does default to auto renew, so if you dont change it don't be shocked when you get a $79 charge from them in 6 months or a year.

Link Posted: 9/18/2011 9:20:37 AM EDT
[#42]
Just signed up for the free trial for the 3rd time so I could order some stuff.
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 9:53:31 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
There is a guy here that bought a bosch table saw and 3.99 next day. A freaking table saw!!!

I'm a contractor, I've bought welders, saws, you name it all with 3.99 one day shipping.
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 9:57:32 AM EDT
[#44]
I got the free student prime membership last August, and I'm quite sure I've dropped at least $1500 with them since then.  No longer do I put off or wait to order things till I can get the free saver shipping; I just order shit as the thought hits me and it comes.  The only stores I need to physically go to any more are Publix and (sometimes) the shoe store.

Damn you Amazon...
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 10:18:11 AM EDT
[#45]

I just recently bought a Coleman cooler with free 2day shipping. My local Walmart was out of coolers.
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 10:24:43 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Nope, only dead ones.

edit: AAW fuck someone beat me to it
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 10:32:29 AM EDT
[#47]
i have been using it for 2 years now. I love it. recently i have had to slow down cause the wife has been bitching about boxes always sitting at our house (our ups guy is a ninja and leaves in the way for us to fall over). I love it...she is annoyed
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 10:36:15 AM EDT
[#48]
yeah, but I can't find a nice pair of 13x5.00-6 tires on it yet.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 10:42:28 AM EDT
[#49]
You can save big bucks on Crown Prince Natural Skinless & Boneless Sardines

if you subscribe to monthly shipments.

Sardines.................stretching out to eternity.

linkalicious
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 10:44:03 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Oh, my wallett has been thin for a few years with prime.   Then get the iphone app. Scan a bar code in a store and presto the app tells you what it costs at amazon.   And then all you need to do is hit the button to add to your cart and check out.    I have ordered alot of tools cheaper than the organge or blue big home stores.

Wait. What? Is there an android one as well?

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top