Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2002 3:13:35 AM EDT
I couldn't stand it so I paid my money and watched the Lennox Lewis / Mike Tyson fight. It was worth every penny to see Tyson get his ass kicked big time. He got knocked out in the 8th round. You could see it coming...Tyson came out strong in the first round, but by the third he had nothing.

Lewis kept him outside with his left jab, set up his punches, then taught Mr. Loud Mouth a lesson with his right. Whenever Tyson tried to come in Lewis tied him up.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 3:15:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 3:16:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 3:19:02 AM EDT
[#3]
No, he behaved himself and was actually a bit humble at the end. Course that was so he could ask for a rematch. He fought a clean fight, I give him credit for that.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 5:05:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, I ponied up the bucks to watch the fight.
Kept waiting for a fight to break out but to no avail.

Lewis eats up smaller, shorter heavyweights as he uses his height and reach to great advantage.  Good jab - maybe not Larry Holmes or George Foreman good but good never the less. He and Tyson could fight five more times but the outcome would always be Lewis winning.

I'm thinking Lewis may fight Holyfield as his next and maybe last fight.  He, unfortunately, is likely to beat Evander again (smaller heavyweight) but this is about the only big money fight I see for Lewis.

Tyson fought a clean fight and was a gentleman after the fight.  (Now I don't know what happened after the cameras were turned-off !)
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 6:03:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 6:32:18 AM EDT
[#6]
I heard that during either a pre or post match interview Tyson was holding a baby and repeatedly kissed it. I wonder if he ate it later.

Link Posted: 6/9/2002 6:48:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Comeon.  I was a big time tyson fan.  Getting his ass kicked was the bes thing that could have happened to Tyson.  I didn't think he was humble , I think he was grateful.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 6:53:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Lewis simply used his longer reach to jab Tyson.  When Tyson attempted to move in Lewis wrapped him up to avoid being hit and to piss him off.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 2:52:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Maybe it was the lighting but when Lewis hit Tyson's head a couple time I swear there was a SHOWER of sweat flying back. Man, he really hit Tyson hard a few times.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top