Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/8/2002 10:16:21 PM EDT
Well, this isn't MY car, but it looks just like it.  A Subaru Impreza WRX wagon.  

[img]us.autos1.yimg.com/autos.yahoo.com/i/02/IMPREZ21.jpg[/img]

I wussed out and bought the auto, but I have never had one before and figured the left leg deserved a rest. [:)]  It puts out 227hp and does 0-60 in under 7 seconds.  The 5spd. does it in under 6.  Quite the sleeper. This car seemed to be a good balance of fun and practicality for me.

I must say the buying process was awesomely pleasant.  I researched through an Impreza forum (I strayed, I know [:P] ) and found out who to buy from and what was a fair price.  I was in and out in 90 minutes for the price I asked and with the financing I wanted.  If anyone in the Bay Area needs a Ford or Subaru, go to Albany Ford/Subaru.  They kick ass.  The owner was even in the back helping wash cars.  Totally cool no hassle outfit.

Now, just to wait for a thousand miles so I can see what this turbo can do. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 10:20:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 10:22:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Dude, it's a station wagon...
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 10:26:06 PM EDT
[#3]
hey!
it comes with a roof mounted gun rack...kewl...

station wagon simply means more space for your subs..(and amps,crossovers,caps, yadayadayada...)
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 10:32:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Dude, it's a station wagon...
View Quote

I know, but I need to be able to fit these:
[img]communities.msn.com/_Secure/0NAAAAPQQepypbUUlZyLiz!5TpZqTkhS9koqUANxHqGNLP5uKsD16zkG!GY2Z5eU4qgw*oQsD35AkVd33DZuFhg/IMG_00120.JPG[/img]

As far as wagons go, I thought it was a pretty cool looking one.  Plus it has full time AWD for taking the babies to the snow. [:)]
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 10:59:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Whats a ball park figure on those things...pretty nice lookin.. has it got a cd player?
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 11:36:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Whats a ball park figure on those things...pretty nice lookin.. has it got a cd player?
View Quote

With no options, which is still pretty loaded, about 24k out the door.  About a grand less for the manual.  It comes stock with a in-dash 6 CD player and cassette.  Options are upgraded speakers and subwoofer.  Much of the interior is actually kinda cheap, it basically and upgraded version of their econobox, but the dash is pretty well laid out, power windows/locks, and the seats are awesome.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 1:20:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Dude!

I had a Legacy 2.5 GT Wagon (Hence my screen name.) and I loved that car. Don't take any gripe for owning a wagon. Your the smarter for it. Everyone else goes and buys an underpowered gas sucking SUV. My only gripe is that it doesn't have the flared fenders like the sedan.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 1:53:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 6:39:29 AM EDT
[#9]
No simulated woodgrain panels?

Seriously, I would't mind having an older Roadmaster station wagon to haul the family around in.

I'm sure the tweakers have found some modifications by now to bump up the HP.  Something to do when the warranty runs out, unless your a hardcore tweaker.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 7:03:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Nice choice!  I noticed a long time ago that the Subaru vehicles are pretty damn peppy... even the old ones!  I worked for a company a couple years ago that got discounts on Subarus, but I wasn't able to get in on one.  

The company I work for now has a deal with Ford, but I'm not too hot on domestics.  

I feel you on the new car excitement.  I bought my new car in February, the first brand spanking new car I ever bought.  It had 35 miles on it when I took it off the lot for a test drive.  She's a 2002 Honda Insight.

Good luck with the new car!  Hope you got a good rate and have a trouble free experience!
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 7:51:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 8:00:12 AM EDT
[#12]
I've got a 93 C1500 with 177,000 on the clock....  I'll trade even......
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 8:10:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Ratters, check out the June 2002 edition of Sport Compact Car.  It has an article on the WRX, as well as highlighting a the Vishnu Performance stage zero kit.  It's 41 wheel HP in a $1000 bolt-on kit.

By the way...NICE WAGON [;D]
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 8:51:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Ratters, check out the June 2002 edition of Sport Compact Car.  It has an article on the WRX, as well as highlighting a the Vishnu Performance stage zero kit.  It's 41 wheel HP in a $1000 bolt-on kit.

By the way...NICE WAGON [;D]
View Quote

Thanks. [:P] There are actually quite a few people on the Imprezza board getting over 300 hp with a new turbo and computerized management.  Not sure how long the engines will last though.  But I guess the Japanese ones are getting almost 280hp on the same block.

I've been getting a lot of flack from my friends for getting an auto, but I have a German sportscar and a bike if I really need to speed.  This is going to be my daily commute car.  It has enough pep to get me in trouble as it is.  There were a lot of people on the Imp. board having problems with their 5spds having clutch problems as well as breaking 2nd gear (admitidly with some tough use) and that was enough to push me over the edge.

800 more miles. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 9:02:58 PM EDT
[#15]
nice puppies, and nice car :)

This is a picture of my baby(babies), right after I got it(them)...

[img]http://www.misplaced.net/~obremski/toy/CAR-15/car15-stockcollapsed-rightside.jpg[/img]

They're both quite fun :)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top