Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/8/2002 4:08:00 PM EDT
This is the most interesting thing I get from both threads:

Everyone is "right".

"Gee, Scott! You've blown a gasket!" You think....

Bear with me. Everyone is "right" in the sense that this is a discussion forum. And everyone is posting [b]THEIR OPINION[/b], not the law of the land. I know how I feel on both topics. Doubtful that an anonymous stranger on a computer is going to change my mind. And doubtful that I will change anyone else's mind. But we are hear to discuss, not to convert. Maybe some of us have gotten a little too personal in some of the discussions, but we are human. Maybe we can respect those who are different-minded, even if they upset us in their "wrongness".....

Scott

[beer]

Link Posted: 6/8/2002 4:34:46 PM EDT
[#1]
NO WAY man, you're wrong [:D]

Just kiddin'

Ross
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 5:02:40 PM EDT
[#2]
agree with you there.

Another note, I've been repeatedly accused of insensitivity. What is up with that? I [b]feel[/b] (just so that you know I can feel things) like I steped into a femnazi meeting. In real life I would never dispute those figures in the presence of so many women, but that's just for safety reasons. Can we have a discussion here without attacking people?
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 5:12:32 PM EDT
[#3]
jz... have I called you a name that hurt your feelings or something?  I'm telling you the same thing that I said when you first posted on this board and I jumped in to defend you... you may have a valid point but your delivery blows.  

I have to ask, though... why do you keep bringing up feminism and femi-Nazis?  This board has a very, very small population of females... even fewer that post.  And none of us are femi-Nazis that I know of.  

I believe in pretty traditional roles... only grow my armpit hair on special occasions and haven't ever shared a "special connection" with another woman.  [:D]  
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 5:24:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm sorry if I have categorized in in anyway inappropriate. But I live in NYC. I'm just afraid for my rights that's all.

It's sick I know, but I guess I'm just afraid of women that's all. When dealing with stuff like sexual harassment allegations the female's allegation alone is sometimes enough to land you in deep trouble. I know this because someone I knew got expelled from school over an allegation of sexual harassment. I guess it's just that in my world, it seems like women are akin to proximity mines. You have to be very careful in how you approach them.

I admit maybe I've been a bit abrasive in my posts. You have to realize though that in real life I'm often too afraid to say many of the things I say here. Again, NYC is a very liberal PC place. You have to watch what you say. I was hoping that as long as I didn't directly attack anyone personally, I wouldn't have to censor myself like I have to do in daily life.

For those of you who watched Voyager, this place is kind of like Unimatrix Zero for me. My escape from your typical New York City mix to a community of people who isn't like your typical New York Democrat.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top