Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/8/2002 8:18:50 AM EDT
Another good read.

[url]www.americanpolicy.org/prop/main.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 8:58:40 AM EDT
[#1]
What, no interest in what "YOUR" government is doing?
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 9:06:36 AM EDT
[#2]
weellll, the word "scaremongering" comes to mind...
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 9:19:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Fact is stranger than fiction.

The truth hurts, don't it?
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 9:20:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, with the exception of Sen. 'Jumpin' Jim' Jeffords, who is, heh-heh, an 'Independant', all of these Senators are DEMOS!

The way to defeat these a**holes is to vote them out of office and that requires voting for their GOP opponents.

But some would rather 'make a statement' by voting for some obscure 3rd party candidate who has zero chance of winning anything!

Out of 'principle'! Hah!

As if it's not a principle to do [u]whatever[/u] is necessary to save your country from these idiots!

And sometimes voting for a GOP, even a country club GOP, is absolutely necessary, because when all is said and done, control of both the House and Senate is determined along PARTY LINES!

Eric The(GetIt?PartyLines!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 9:28:16 AM EDT
[#5]
ETH, I must ask in all honesty, do you truly believe that voting for the GOP will return our freedoms? Or is it only delaying the inevitable, to be paid for by our posterity?
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 9:51:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
ETH, I must ask in all honesty, do you truly believe that voting for the GOP will return our freedoms? Or is it only delaying the inevitable, to be paid for by our posterity?
View Quote
Okay, other than voting them out of office by voting for someone with a REALISTIC chance of winning and not wasting it on someone who can't, thus insuring the one we don't want to wins, what would you have us do?
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 9:59:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
...do you truly believe that voting for the GOP will return our freedoms? [red]Or is it only delaying the inevitable[/red]...
View Quote

As an analogy...

ALL medical treatments, procedures, medications etc are only "delaying the inevitable" (eventual and unescapable death).

Yet only a fool chooses death over a simple  appendectomy using the logic that "removing the infected appendix only delays the inevitable".

Link Posted: 6/8/2002 10:00:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 10:02:00 AM EDT
[#9]
If you are just foisting the evil you are delaying on your children, are you not just a coward?

The answer I have is not palatable to most people on these boards, nor most Americans, even the freedom loving type.

One of my uncles fought in Korea, then Vietnam and retired a full bird in the Marine Corp. And he see's the inevitable of what's going on,

and he says he does not care, because he thinks the finale blow will not come until after he is dead.

To me that is a belated kind of cowardice, but we all know he is not a coward because he crawled around in tunnels looking for VC.

Ya right!
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 10:38:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Jeepers, [b]ar10er[/b], where were you when the GOP took over the House and Senate in 1994? Beginning in 1995, they proceeded to bring to a vote (!) every single item in their 'Contract With America.'  Not every item passed, but at least every item was brought to a vote, something the DEMOS never did!

Your typical DEMO would go home to his constituency and lament, 'If we could ever just get a chance to vote on a 'Balanced Budget Amendment' and then go back to Congress and make certain the bill never saw the light of day!

But when the GOP took over there were votes on every issue they had raised during the 1994 Campaign, so that every GOP and DEMO member had to vote on the matters in public!

And the GOP House was just getting to the point when it was time to put a repeal of the '94 Crime Bill's ban on assault weapons on the table when Oklahoma City Bombing happened!

It was here that Bill Clinton 'found his voice' and the DEMOS got the snap back in their drawers!

Goodbye Repeal of the '94 Assault Weapons Ban!

But it can be done again, just keep voting GOP!

Do you understand now?

There's simply no reason to worry about our grandchildren when this war can be won [b]now[/b]!

Eric The(BadTimingSir!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 10:51:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Jeepers, [b]ar10er[/b], where were you when the GOP took over the House and Senate in 1994? Beginning in 1995, they proceeded to bring to a vote (!) every single item in their 'Contract With America.'  Not every item passed, but at least every item was brought to a vote, something the DEMOS never did!

Your typical DEMO would go home to his constituency and lament, 'If we could ever just get a chance to vote on a 'Balanced Budget Amendment' and then go back to Congress and make certain the bill never saw the light of day!

But when the GOP took over there were votes on every issue they had raised during the 1994 Campaign, so that every GOP and DEMO member had to vote on the matters in public!

And the GOP House was just getting to the point when it was time to put a repeal of the '94 Crime Bill's ban on assault weapons on the table when Oklahoma City Bombing happened!

It was here that Bill Clinton 'found his voice' and the DEMOS got the snap back in their drawers!

Goodbye Repeal of the '94 Assault Weapons Ban!

But it can be done again, just keep voting GOP!

Do you understand now?

There's simply no reason to worry about our grandchildren when this war can be won [b]now[/b]!

Eric The(BadTimingSir!)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Descent rebuttal.

But my pessimism comes from watching C-Span, and seeing people like Dole solely responsible for the assault weapons ban, on the Republican side that is, and then he runs for President.

I did not vote that year, I was way too disillusioned.

It is also why I do not think we will win, unless more discover the jury box, or failing that the cartridge box.
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 10:59:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 11:45:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 11:47:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Thanks, [b]ar10er[/b] and [b]shotar[/b] for considering my position in this.

So long as both House and Senate are run along PARTY lines, there is no benefit to the nation and the RKBA if you vote for a pro-gun DEMO.

When that pro-gun DEMO wins and gets to Washington DC, he will vote WITH HIS PARTY for Speaker of the House or Majority Leader of the Senate, even when he knows that by so doing, he will effectively put his pro-gun agenda on hold!

Think about John Dingall (D-MI) for a moment. He's on the Board of the NRA, but who doubts that if he and his PARTY win enough House seats in the Fall Elections, he will be voting for Richard Gephardt (D-MO) for Speaker of the House?

End of whatever pro-gun agenda you may have, Mr. Dingell, 'cause Speaker Gephardt will never let it see the light of day!

You'll be back to complaining to your fellow NRA Board members, well, if we could just get such and such an item up for a vote it would pass in a heartbeat! You have effectively turned over control of the Legislature to the RKBA's worst enemies!

How can that be called smart?

Eric The(RepublicanThen,RepublicanNow,RepublicanForever!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 7:02:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
Okay, other than voting them out of office by voting for someone with a REALISTIC chance of winning and not wasting it on someone who can't, thus insuring the one we don't want to wins, what would you have us do?
View Quote

If you voted your conscience that's a "wasted" vote? On the contrary!!! A vote of conscience is never "wasted". How do you expect the right people to gain office with out the votes???
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 7:20:32 PM EDT
[#16]
What good is a protest vote, or as you put it, a "vote of concience" if all you do is elect the candidate you despise?  Second place finishers in politics are called professors.

Face it - only two parties are in the business of running this country.  If you don't participate in either parties politics you don't exist politically.  I don't like it either, but what would you say about coalition government politics like Italy's?

-po(Republican born, Republican bred, and when I die I'll be Republican dead)go
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 7:22:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Sometimes in order to save a village you have to destroy it.

I'm getting tired of voting for Republicans just because they are the lesser of two evils.

It makes no REAL difference which party is in power at a particular time.  

Our taxes still rise each year (even under Reagan, the best of asll the "lesser of two evils").

The size of the government grows each year.

Our freedoms are reduced each year through the passage of stupid laws.

We continue to lose our borders, language and culture.

I think we are all fucked until we decide to restore the constitution.  Debating over the differences between the liberals and super liberals is an interesting way to pass the time but don't mean anything.
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 7:26:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

If you voted your conscience that's a "wasted" vote? On the contrary!!! A vote of conscience is never "wasted".
View Quote

Of course it is, if you live in the real world.

How do you expect the right people to gain office with out the votes???
View Quote

The right people in WHOSE opinion?  Do you honestly think that ALL gun-owners, hell even ALL gun owners who are politically active, can get behind ANY of the third party candidates available?
The Liberarians are saddled with that idiot Brown, Perot was a nutball who thought the Black Panthers had been hired by the NVA to kill him...who exactly are we gonna elect?
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 8:06:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Right on !! HUN!!  As a recovering democrat, I gotta say you have a good fix on it...   It don't even matter who ya vote for as long as you register and vote...   After more than a few years in "The System" I see politicians deciding policy by looking at who is voting in their district and attempting to appease that faction...   We need to be that faction...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top