Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/7/2002 11:16:48 PM EDT
Just a clarification to those of you who thinks that breaking up the country is crazy. Personally, I think every major democratic power in the world should be broken up to better ensure liberty and fair representation. Our federal government is corrupt, inefficient, and lately, proven to be ineffective for our common defense. The Civil War demonstrates why the country should be broken up. Power tend to accumulate in the hands of a few, and I think too much power has collected in central government. If we let this go on, we'll get authoritarianism in no time. Of course it will all be for our own good or security. I believe in open borders, and individual liberty. We should have many small states competing to set the standard for liberty and individual freedom, as well as opportunity and security. It is because the rest of the world is so messed up that the United States look good by comparison. But we can do better, by breaking up the country, we would be creating competition amongst states. Competition leads to innovation, better government for all. With open borders, states would have to compete for the most talented and desirable people. I hate how much I'm being taxed to support stupid things I don't even care about, and having my liberty eroded like the iron rusts in a sauna bath. But I can't move anywhere else because the rest of the planet have been screwed up by idiots too. If we break up the country, at least there will be a possibility that all the decent and freedom loving people will move to one state and make up a good enough majority to actually make the democractic system work.

Edited to add, I'm a libertarian and I follow the ideals of classical liberalism. I also believe that those very ideals of liberty and individuality is what made the Western Civilization great and why we're so far ahead of the rest of the world.
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 12:22:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm from Texas, and should things get "broken up," we'll get along just fine... [}:D]

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 4:16:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Actually, I always thought it was a mistake to go from Republic to State.  The former keeps it clear.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top