Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 149
Posted: 9/7/2011 12:29:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: EasTexan]
I'm sitting outside, playing guitar and I'm hearing Garth Brooks playing in the woods. I'm guessing it's some rednecks working on their truck like every night. Lol. Anyways it reminded me of my creepiest encounter I ever had out in the wilderness.

I was bow fishing one night with some buddies out on Dam-b. Its a very eerie part of the state. Cypress trees covered in Spanish moss coupled with long leaf pines and mixed hardwoods. The shallow waters are great for hunting big gar. Anyways, we were about thirty miles from the nearest town and had traveled up the river by boat another 30 to get to the good spots. I tell ya, you go back in these woods and you step back in time. Untouched by man and so damn unforgiving, its no surprise. It was about 11:30 P.M. when we entered the slough. There was no sound except for the humming of the trolling motor. He had decided not to use the generator and the halogen lights but instead use some rigged handheld 500,000 spot lights so we could hunt coons as well. That's when we heard it.

I was just putting a dip in when I heard the soft sound of music. Instantly, fear and confusion set in as I looked around. My buddies heard it as well and we could only listen, looking at each other for some sort of answer. No one could be out there, it was impossible. There were no roads, no way to climb the huge, clay cliffs made by the river.... It was coming from the absolute wilderness. The tune was the most terrifying part. It was not a song anyone alive today would know. It sounded like it came from an old record player. It was scratchy and muffled with a woman's voice singing and it filled me with more adrenaline and fear than I have ever had in my whole life. I can only relate it to something from the turn of the century. By this time Jake had stopped the trolling motor and we simply sat down and continued to listen. Its like we were in a trance. We know that back country and we know that this was not right. People never would have trecked through those marshes and woods to play a joke.

Then the music simply faded away. We sat there in the dark, waiting for something to move, something to give its position away so we could put the lights on it. Whoever or whatever it was would have surely made noise in the swamp water.

Nothing. Not a sound for thirty minutes. We felt after an experience like that, it was time to go.

Link Posted: 12/22/2018 10:50:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Blu3Ridge] [#1]
There is a truth that children are more susceptible to seeing spirits than adults, which is why it is largely fictionalized in movies of the young seeing the disembodied or being terrorized by spirits, where adults often are not.

When I was a kid in elementary school, I had numerous encounters with spirits.  The one event that stood out the most to me was when my grandmother came over to visit our house for the weekend and stay the night.  I'm in my 30s now, and I still remember it like yesterday it was that real the events I'm about to tell you.

In my old house growing up, I slept on the top bunk bed of my bedroom, where my brother slept underneath, and under the bunk bed we had a pull out bed that my we had for guests, like my grandmother.

That night, I remember waking up in the middle of the night, groggy, and rolling over and as I rolled over seeing beyond the guard rail of the bunkbed was the ghost of a little girl around my age.  She was standing next to my grandmother looking at her, stroking her head, almost like she was comforting her and tucking her back in bed.  The girl had on a purple skirt, pink shirt, and had this aura to her of a heavenly glow.  She was mostly solid, but still semi transparent, and when she moved to embrace my grandmother, she moved almost like a strobe light effect, or bad tracking on a VHS tapes.

I remember how my heart started beating out of my chest this was so real to me, I went from 1 to 100.  Massive adrenaline dump.  I was so scared, all I could do was watch, I wanted to throw my blanket over my head but I was paralyzed with fear.  I ended up breathing so hard that I made a noise in my terror that she ended up being aware I was awake and she looked at me dead in the eyes, motioned to me, then disappeared right before my eyes.  I quickly threw the blanket over my head and cried myself to sleep.

The next morning, my grandmother told my parents she had a dream about being visited by Ashley. I never heard of her before, so when I asked who Ashley is, my parents reluctantly told me the story of how Ashley is my sister who was born shortly after me; she died in birth.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 11:33:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By WildBoar:
Does anyone know if that property is for sale. I am nearing the age where I want to buy some property. This is 100% no shit, if the price was right I would be interested.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 6winchester2:
Okay guys, pull up a chair, turn out the lights, and make sure you have some powerful guns nearby, cuz this shit WILL creep you out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31a3DGLiB48
Does anyone know if that property is for sale. I am nearing the age where I want to buy some property. This is 100% no shit, if the price was right I would be interested.
The Skinwalker Ranch was purchased in the late 1990s by Robert Bigelow, a billionaire who founded the National Institute for Discovery Science (NIDS), which is a group that investigates paranormal phenomena (a hobby of Bigelow's).

I think he still owns it, so talk to him if you want to buy it.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 11:36:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Blu3Ridge:
There is a truth that children are more susceptible to seeing spirits than adults, which is why it is largely fictionalized in movies of the young seeing the disembodied or being terrorized by spirits, where adults often are not.

When I was a kid in elementary school, I had numerous encounters with spirits.  The one event that stood out the most to me was when my grandmother came over to visit our house for the weekend and stay the night.  I'm in my 30s now, and I still remember it like yesterday it was that real the events I'm about to tell you.

In my old house growing up, I slept on the top bunk bed of my bedroom, where my brother slept underneath, and under the bunk bed we had a pull out bed that my we had for guests, like my grandmother.

That night, I remember waking up in the middle of the night, groggy, and rolling over and as I rolled over seeing beyond the guard rail of the bunkbed was the ghost of a little girl around my age.  She was standing next to my grandmother looking at her, stroking her head, almost like she was comforting her and tucking her back in bed.  The girl had on a purple skirt, pink shirt, and had this aura to her of a heavenly glow.  She was mostly solid, but still semi transparent, and when she moved to embrace my grandmother, she moved almost like a strobe light effect, or bad tracking on a VHS tapes.

I remember how my heart started beating out of my chest this was so real to me, I went from 1 to 100.  Massive adrenaline dump.  I was so scared, all I could do was watch, I wanted to throw my blanket over my head but I was paralyzed with fear.  I ended up breathing so hard that I made a noise in my terror that she ended up being aware I was awake and she looked at me dead in the eyes, motioned to me, then disappeared right before my eyes.  I quickly threw the blanket over my head and cried myself to sleep.

The next morning, my grandmother told my parents she had a dream about being visited by Ashley. I never heard of her before, so when I asked who Ashley is, my parents reluctantly told me the story of how Ashley is my sister who was born shortly after me; she died in birth.
View Quote
Okay yeah, that's creepy as shit.  You win page 125 (so far).
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 12:24:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By morglan:
I've noticed recently that every so often it seems like I can project thoughts/subjects to people I'm close with. It's completely random, and I cannot control when it happens.

For instance, I could be thinking about something completely random or obscure (a person I haven't seen or heard from in a long time, or a subject that I have not discussed or even perhaps thought about before that moment or afterwards.)

Then, usually within 24 hours, someone in my immediate family will ask an unrelated question or make a random comment completely out of the blue with the same subject I had been previously thinking about.  Usually the subject is so obscure that it's very noticeable to me when someone makes the "connected" comment.

When I was little (4 or 5), my maternal grandmother had a set of ESP cards (a set of maybe ten cards each with a different design on them. One person would draw and concentrate on the card, and another person would try to guess the card through "ESP".)  I remember doing this (it was the late 1970's), but I also remember thinking that I was just guessing and figuring it was a good guess if I got one right.  I've recently had aunts and uncles tell me that I "guessed" correctly more often than chance would dictate.

Last month, I was driving with my eight year old in the back, on our way to his football game.  Things were quiet, we were just listening to music and not talking.

He then asked me "dad, are how much do mattresses cost?"

This has never, ever come up. He has never mentioned his mattress, or anyone else's, not to mention never asking how much they cost.

I turned down the music and thought about what to say--because I was trying to figure out his scheme before answering too quickly and giving him any ammo for something I didn't want him doing.

As I said the first word of my response, "Well..." a mini van came into sight coming around a curve towards us on a split (grass median) road on base -- neither of us saw, or could possibly have seen--the van before that moment.  As it came around the bend and we were abreast of each other traveling in opposite directions, the mattress flew off the top of the van and came to rest in the median between us. Like something out of a Harry Potter movie--it took flight and did flips in the air before landing.

It didn't really phase him, but because the ESP stuff was on my radar, I was shocked to silence.  Weird--i just wish it was something that could be channeled (if it's even a real thing).
View Quote
I was driving down the freeway, the Cajon Pass on the 15 driving south. I was behind a pick up truck with a shell. I had a very strong nagging urge to get in another lane. I was in lane two of four. I matter of factly looked at my girlfriend and told her the shell was going to fly off and I had to get over. I accelerated into the number three lane at the same time the shell cartwheeled into the windshield of the car behind me. She looked at me like I was from a different planet.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 9:28:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Beardog308:

I was driving down the freeway, the Cajon Pass on the 15 driving south. I was behind a pick up truck with a shell. I had a very strong nagging urge to get in another lane. I was in lane two of four. I matter of factly looked at my girlfriend and told her the shell was going to fly off and I had to get over. I accelerated into the number three lane at the same time the shell cartwheeled into the windshield of the car behind me. She looked at me like I was from a different planet.
View Quote
Are you?
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 10:11:08 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote
I've heard several stories over the years like this.
I worked with a guy, who had a 3 year old grandson, that lived with him and his wife.
There were numerous times he would hear the boy talking, in the middle of the night.
He'd check on the child and the boy would say he was talking to "Gampy."
This went on for awhile every now and then and they just thought the boy had an over active imagination.
One day the boy's great Grandma came over with a book of old family pictures.
As they were looking thru the pictures, the little boy came in and got all excited and pointed to a picture of his Great Grandpa, who had died in the 1950's and said, "That's Gampy!"
The guy, who told me this, was a straight arrow no nonsense kind of guy not prone to making things up.
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 12:13:02 AM EDT
[#7]
The Skinwalker Ranch was purchased in the late 1990s by Robert Bigelow, a billionaire who founded the National Institute for Discovery Science (NIDS), which is a group that investigates paranormal phenomena (a hobby of Bigelow's).

View All Quotes
Okay guys, pull up a chair, turn out the lights, and make sure you have some powerful guns nearby, cuz this shit WILL creep you out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31a3DGLiB48

I think it was sold to a company called Adamantium Real Estate in 2016.  There is an ongoing investigation by the new owner/owners.   Bigelow Aerospace is rumored to still be connected to the property however.
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 12:39:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By MrFuzzybunny:

I've heard several stories over the years like this.
I worked with a guy, who had a 3 year old grandson, that lived with him and his wife.
There were numerous times he would hear the boy talking, in the middle of the night.
He'd check on the child and the boy would say he was talking to "Gampy."
This went on for awhile every now and then and they just thought the boy had an over active imagination.
One day the boy's great Grandma came over with a book of old family pictures.
As they were looking thru the pictures, the little boy came in and got all excited and pointed to a picture of his Great Grandpa, who had died in the 1950's and said, "That's Gampy!"
The guy, who told me this, was a straight arrow no nonsense kind of guy not prone to making things up.
View Quote
There was a member here who posted his own experience, with his toddler telling him about how he remembered being inside a building they drove by on the highway, with a detailed description of the layout.  I don't recall all the details, but the idea seemed to be that the toddler was remembering a previous life.

It was pretty spooky.
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 12:44:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Tag. I'll read this after I go downstairs and switch the laundry lol
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 1:01:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By rabidus:
Thermal scope.

Was a raccoon tapping on the steel?

We’re you cooking something? Can the scent escape on the bottom of your walls to the ground?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By rabidus:
Originally Posted By 762hunter2:
Well I couldn’t find any tracks. The road out front is gravel and out front of the cabin is grass. I checked my car and there was one door unlocked but nothing stolen.

Here’s the setup of the cabin
https://i.imgur.com/vtCuB0g.jpg

Front window cover
https://i.imgur.com/lqBKnrD.jpg

One on the side
https://i.imgur.com/WBrLxqG.jpg

How close my car was to the front door
https://i.imgur.com/QdvChP1.jpg

Front yard
https://i.imgur.com/XJUuAPu.jpg
Thermal scope.

Was a raccoon tapping on the steel?

We’re you cooking something? Can the scent escape on the bottom of your walls to the ground?
Lil late reply on my part. I don’t believe it’d be a raccoon do to the height of the knocks.

I might’ve been cooking something and there’s a vent that goes straight from above the stove to outside that has a steel mesh cover, but it’s about 8ft off the ground.
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 1:06:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By ranging-by-zipcode:
So when you checked your car after the sound of door slams all the doors were locked but in the morning one door was unlocked .

weird
View Quote
Now thinking about I just did a visual check and it was the back door on my Honda CR-V that was unlocked so I didn’t see it.

So more than likely it was unlocked the whole night
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 2:14:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By J_Wynn:
Tag. I'll read this after I go downstairs and switch the laundry lol
View Quote
You're a smarter man than I.  I always read this thread at night and only then realize I have to
go to my spooky basement for laundry or to get meat out of the freezer.
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 6:49:06 PM EDT
[#13]

Happy Creepy New Year!
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 12:08:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: flathead977] [#14]
Bump for more creepy.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 11:27:57 AM EDT
[#15]

Could be wooden floor or roof supports. They can pop and bang rather loudly. Not trying to put a wet blanket on the creepy , but since its honestly freaking you guys out, You have nothing to worry about because in the end, there are no ghosts, demons or paranormal. What is happening is perfectly mundane and you shouldn't be freaking out. Your imagination is getting the better of you.
View Quote
In my research I've arrived at the conclusion that it is likely the joists moving as a result of wild temp changes.

The old owners did get back to me and said they never experienced anything like it, though. They lived there 9 years so that seems kinda odd. Said there's a large steel beam running lenthwise in the house which is centered over where we hear the noise, so there's that I guess.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 2:49:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By DangerJ:

In my research I've arrived at the conclusion that it is likely the joists moving as a result of wild temp changes.

The old owners did get back to me and said they never experienced anything like it, though. They lived there 9 years so that seems kinda odd. Said there's a large steel beam running lenthwise in the house which is centered over where we hear the noise, so there's that I guess.
View Quote
Can you put some kind game camera in the attic aimed at that beam?
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 5:42:03 PM EDT
[#17]
This thread must not be allowed to die.
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 1:22:31 AM EDT
[#18]
View All Quotes

That one get my vote also for page 125, it gave me goosebumps for few seconds.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 11:55:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Bump
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 1:04:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By DefenderAO:
Bump
View Quote
in the night.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 10:25:01 PM EDT
[#21]
C'mon guys, more creepy stories!!!
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 11:28:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By hughjafj:
View Quote
For whatever this may be worth, I'll share it here in the interest of keeping the thread alive & hopefully getting more stories going.

This isn't much, but it is kind of..."interesting."

Namely, my great grandmother claimed that the Boston Strangler (Albert DeSalvo) came to her door once.

She claimed this happened during the height of the killings, which was in the early 1960s.

According to her, a man came to the door of her apartment one day, claiming to be from the gas company, and saying he needed to come inside to check something.

She didn't let him in, and after he persisted awhile, he gave up and left.

After Albert DeSalvo had been arrested and made his confession, and his face was all over the news, she swore he was the man who had come to her apartment that day.

Not everyone in my family believes her story.  There was a lot of hysteria going on in the Boston area during the killings, and false identifications were not terribly uncommon, but it is still creepy.

She passed away around 25 years ago, and she maintained this was true to the end of her life.

While it is true she was already an old woman at the time this allegedly happened, DeSalvo did in fact prey on women of all ages, including the elderly.  One of his victims was 85 years old.
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 12:43:47 AM EDT
[#23]

For whatever this may be worth, I'll share it here in the interest of keeping the thread alive & hopefully getting more stories going.

Namely, my great grandmother claimed that the Boston Strangler (Albert DeSalvo) came to her door once.

She claimed this happened during the height of the killings, which was in the early 1960s.

According to her, a man came to the door of her apartment one day, claiming to be from the gas company, and saying he needed to come inside to check something.

After Albert DeSalvo had been arrested and made his confession, and his face was all over the news, she swore he was the man who had come to her apartment that day.

Not everyone in my family believes her story.  There was a lot of hysteria going on in the Boston area during the killings, and false identifications were not terribly uncommon, but it is still creepy.

She passed away around 25 years ago, and she maintained this was true to the end of her life.

While it is true she was already an old woman at the time this allegedly happened, DeSalvo did in fact prey on women of all ages, including the elderly.  One of his victims was 85 years old.
View Quote
Yeah, that's creepy. Makes you wonder how close people come every day.
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 1:24:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: waterglass] [#24]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By morglan:
I've noticed recently that every so often it seems like I can project thoughts/subjects to people I'm close with. It's completely random, and I cannot control when it happens.

For instance, I could be thinking about something completely random or obscure (a person I haven't seen or heard from in a long time, or a subject that I have not discussed or even perhaps thought about before that moment or afterwards.)

Then, usually within 24 hours, someone in my immediate family will ask an unrelated question or make a random comment completely out of the blue with the same subject I had been previously thinking about.  Usually the subject is so obscure that it's very noticeable to me when someone makes the "connected" comment.

When I was little (4 or 5), my maternal grandmother had a set of ESP cards (a set of maybe ten cards each with a different design on them. One person would draw and concentrate on the card, and another person would try to guess the card through "ESP".)  I remember doing this (it was the late 1970's), but I also remember thinking that I was just guessing and figuring it was a good guess if I got one right.  I've recently had aunts and uncles tell me that I "guessed" correctly more often than chance would dictate.

Last month, I was driving with my eight year old in the back, on our way to his football game.  Things were quiet, we were just listening to music and not talking.

He then asked me "dad, are how much do mattresses cost?"

This has never, ever come up. He has never mentioned his mattress, or anyone else's, not to mention never asking how much they cost.

I turned down the music and thought about what to say--because I was trying to figure out his scheme before answering too quickly and giving him any ammo for something I didn't want him doing.

As I said the first word of my response, "Well..." a mini van came into sight coming around a curve towards us on a split (grass median) road on base -- neither of us saw, or could possibly have seen--the van before that moment.  As it came around the bend and we were abreast of each other traveling in opposite directions, the mattress flew off the top of the van and came to rest in the median between us. Like something out of a Harry Potter movie--it took flight and did flips in the air before landing.

It didn't really phase him, but because the ESP stuff was on my radar, I was shocked to silence.  Weird--i just wish it was something that could be channeled (if it's even a real thing).
I've had similar things happen to me as the both of you gave. I find that I will instinctually turn toward the direction noises come from before I hear them fairly often, as in distant loud noises like gun shots or horns. I used to have a knack for picking up the phone and calling people when I was needed by friends or knowing when I was going to meet a person before I met them. As I get older though I will sometimes get false feelings of foreboding.

I just figure it is coincidence or maybe a reminder of providence.
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 6:17:05 AM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

That is very creepy! Thanks for sharing her and your story!
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 1:26:17 PM EDT
[#26]
I used to drive a whole lot more than I do now.  Now and then I would get a feeling a vehicle was going to do x.  Never had a camper shell come off a pickup, but now and then a vehicle ran over something and kicked it up into the air and what not.

Generally I put it down to me noticing something that I could not put into words in my brain that I could make sense of.

Like seeing tiny movements of something but not enough to go "whoa that car is swerving to miss something in the road".

These days I people watch a lot more when out and about, like wally world.  Always interesting to be looking down a long isle and notice the "wave of attention" as people are attracted to something and you see it spread.

Creepy parking lot story where dude walked weird and dogs ran to vehicle instead of running away is so far the most memorable story in here for me.
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 2:08:05 PM EDT
[#27]
I think I wrote this here once, but I'm not sure. It might not sound very creepy, but it scared the crap out of me & my dog. It happened about 11 years ago, so the details might be sketchy. I was walking my Mini Schnauzer one night around my neighborhood like i did every night. At the time I lived in a suburban neighborhood with my wife & son. It was a safe neighborhood with little to no crime. It had a lot of trees that canopied over the streets/sidewalks & there were barely any street lights. Other than the lights from houses, it was pretty dark.

I was walking my dog & was about a block away from my house, when I heard a loud growl/scream from the canopy behind me. It did not sound human at all. I freaked out and turned around to see all the leaves falling from the trees. (I was reminded of that night years later from a scene in the new Planet of the Apes movie where the apes are swinging from tree to tree in a neighborhood. It was just like that) I heard the "growl" a second time, & it sounded a lot closer. My dog started barking as well. He never barks. I was unarmed at the time & said fuck this. I picked up my dog and bolted for my house, I did not look back once. I got to my front door and was able to unlock it rather quickly. I went in and slammed the door immediately & locked it. I put my dog down & he went straight to the door and was barking like mad. I looked through the peephole and didn't see shit, but he was at the door barking as if someone was on the other side.

I turned on my house alarm & went upstairs to grab my AR. My wife was in bed with our 2 year old son & I told her what had just happened. She looked at me with a worried look and said I was pale. I ran downstairs with my rifle and my dog was still at the front door growling. Again, I checked the peephole and nothing. My dog stayed there for about 20 minutes, switching from low growls to barks. I waited in front of my door during that time & nothing/no one attempted to come in. After about 20 minutes, my dog just walked away. Needless to say, I did not sleep that night, as I was half expecting someone or something to enter my house. Thankfully the rest of the night was uneventful. I never experienced that again & to this day, I'm still baffled by what the fuck that was.
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 8:14:20 PM EDT
[#28]

Wrong.

Sheets are NOT ghost proof.  Ghosts can go right through them.

C'mon now guys, you are disappointing me.

This is ARFCOM GD.

We KNOW the correct, ARFCOM approved procedure for driving these ghosts away.

He needs to "whip it out" and "start spanking it" in front of them.

Lotion is optional.

View Quote
So help me I just had a visual of this and a ghost stopping in mid haunt, shaking his head and drifting off muttering, "I just can't, nope, not going there..." Sorry, just found this thread, been enjoying it immensely.
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 9:07:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By WyattEarp:
I think I wrote this here once, but I'm not sure. It might not sound very creepy, but it scared the crap out of me & my dog. It happened about 11 years ago, so the details might be sketchy. I was walking my Mini Schnauzer one night around my neighborhood like i did every night. At the time I lived in a suburban neighborhood with my wife & son. It was a safe neighborhood with little to no crime. It had a lot of trees that canopied over the streets/sidewalks & there were barely any street lights. Other than the lights from houses, it was pretty dark.

I was walking my dog & was about a block away from my house, when I heard a loud growl/scream from the canopy behind me. It did not sound human at all. I freaked out and turned around to see all the leaves falling from the trees. (I was reminded of that night years later from a scene in the new Planet of the Apes movie where the apes are swinging from tree to tree in a neighborhood. It was just like that) I heard the "growl" a second time, & it sounded a lot closer. My dog started barking as well. He never barks. I was unarmed at the time & said fuck this. I picked up my dog and bolted for my house, I did not look back once. I got to my front door and was able to unlock it rather quickly. I went in and slammed the door immediately & locked it. I put my dog down & he went straight to the door and was barking like mad. I looked through the peephole and didn't see shit, but he was at the door barking as if someone was on the other side.

I turned on my house alarm & went upstairs to grab my AR. My wife was in bed with our 2 year old son & I told her what had just happened. She looked at me with a worried look and said I was pale. I ran downstairs with my rifle and my dog was still at the front door growling. Again, I checked the peephole and nothing. My dog stayed there for about 20 minutes, switching from low growls to barks. I waited in front of my door during that time & nothing/no one attempted to come in. After about 20 minutes, my dog just walked away. Needless to say, I did not sleep that night, as I was half expecting someone or something to enter my house. Thankfully the rest of the night was uneventful. I never experienced that again & to this day, I'm still baffled by what the fuck that was.
View Quote
That is creepy.

And I always enjoy 6Winchester2 stories.
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 11:02:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EXPY37] [#30]
View Quote
Hillery won the Presifidential election!

BOOO!

Link Posted: 2/7/2019 9:27:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 9:33:42 AM EDT
[#32]

View Quote
My 8th grade English teacher had a similar story, man at the door with some pretense of being there, was about to step inside when a roommade peered from around a doorway corner asking who it was, the man changed mind and made an excuse up and left. She said later when the photos came out she instantly recognized him as the Boston Strangler guy.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 1:15:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By biere:
I used to drive a whole lot more than I do now.  Now and then I would get a feeling a vehicle was going to do x.  Never had a camper shell come off a pickup, but now and then a vehicle ran over something and kicked it up into the air and what not.

Generally I put it down to me noticing something that I could not put into words in my brain that I could make sense of.

Like seeing tiny movements of something but not enough to go "whoa that car is swerving to miss something in the road".

These days I people watch a lot more when out and about, like wally world.  Always interesting to be looking down a long isle and notice the "wave of attention" as people are attracted to something and you see it spread.

Creepy parking lot story where dude walked weird and dogs ran to vehicle instead of running away is so far the most memorable story in here for me.
View Quote
Again from p.49

I am in the process of moving to North Dakota from North Carolina. It is 30 hours of just driving time, so when I do drive, I start early, around 7 or 8 am, and drive until around 0200. I do that for the 3 days it takes for each leg.

Anyways, I have for the most part really enjoyed the drives and places/ people I see or meet.

Until last weekends trip back to North Dakota.

I was driving back up here with a pickup truck full of gear and two very nervous and yappy dogs. These dogs bark at everything, and have never met a stranger. Very playful dogs, and they would much rather get their ears scratched than guard something, or even act like they have a backbone.

I was getting ready to call it a night. I was someplace in Wisconsin, just following the GPS, had no clue where I was. Saw the sign for the rest area right up ahead and decided I would pull in there for a few hours of sleep. There were no cars in the lot besides mine. I pulled into the very north end of the trucker lot

Put the two pooches on the leash and let them out of the truck for a walk before sleep. We walked all over the lot for them to burn off some energy, and they were enjoying the smells of the animals.

My dogs were sniffing at one bush and acting a little weird, but I didn't put too much into it. They finally decided a better smell was coming from somewhere else and started pulling on the leash to go check it out. Turned to the north and gone about 50 yards when all of a sudden, the hairs on my neck stood up and shit was just wrong. Just a flat out bad feeling that hit instantly. Hadn't felt like that since leaving Afghanistan.

I turn around, and a dude is walking out of the trees right where we had just left from. There is NOTHING around this truck stop from what I could tell. There are NO other vehicles around, and this dude is just walking out of the trees.

When I turned, he started to stop very abruptly, but then just kept walking. Straight at me and the dogs. Very oily in his movements if that makes sense. Had his right hand in his pocket and raised his left hand in kind of a wave. Dressed in ratty ass clothes and the aura coming of this guy was just bad fucking news.

Then, my two dogs caught his scent and went apeshit. they were trying to run AWAY from this guy. Doing a scared little scream/whine thing and trying to tear loose from the leashes to get away. Then, he started talking " Nice doggies... Sweet puppies.. " Stuff like that. I told him to stop and keep his distance as I start backing away, trying not to trip over my terrified and squirming dogs. I have never seen them act this way towards anything or anyone. He says " I wanna pet the dogs". FUCK NO you aren't petting my dogs. You aren't coming near us. Stop where you are, or go the other direction, but don't come near us, or get between me and my truck!

" Oh, brother, but I just wanna talk to ya." Stay over there, and talk, but quit approaching us. Meanwhile, his right hand, that is in his pocket, is making furtive moves while he's waving his left hand as a distractor. He's about 50 feet away now. I tell him I ain't fucking around, he needs to quit coming closer because he is making me nervous. He keeps talking in that fake ass soothing voice people do when they are trying to ingratiate themselves with you.

Now, he's about 30 or so feet away, and I can see his demeanor changing, like he's coiling for a leap or sprint. He pulled his right hand out of his pocket but up into his coat sleeve, and he had something in it. I quit backing up, let go of the dog leash that is in my right hand, and put my hand on my Kimber, releasing the safety but not drawing yet. I am still trying to back away. The dog I still have ahold of will run for fucking MILES if she gets off leash.

I tell him " Dude, you need to stop or I'm going to defend myself". He pauses, does a little head cock, grins an EVIL fucking grin, and takes another step. I draw the gun. He says " Oh, yes....." Let go of the other dog leash, two hand clasp, and take a step towards him. I tell him " I will fucking kill you if you come any closer". He starts backing up, and saying "Hey man, I was just wanting to talk with you and pet the dogs." However, that's NOT what his body language is telling me. He was sizing the situation up, and started moving to the side going between me and my truck.. I tell him the time for talk is over, and I'm not fucking around. I start moving at a diagonal to put myself back between him and my truck. I tell him " I'm going to my truck. If you follow me, I'll take it as a threat. If you move at all towards me as I'm getting me or my dogs in the truck, Ill take it as a threat. I will kill you".

He turned his back to me and sprinted to the woods where he had come from. Both dogs are at the truck, frantically trying to get in. I run to the truck, open it up, get the dogs and me in, and hauled ass. Made it to the North side of Minneapolis before I stopped again. One of the most terrifying 5-10 minute portions of my life.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 1:57:29 AM EDT
[#34]
Again from p.49

I am in the process of moving to North Dakota from North Carolina. It is 30 hours of just driving time, so when I do drive, I start early, around 7 or 8 am, and drive until around 0200. I do that for the 3 days it takes for each leg.

Anyways, I have for the most part really enjoyed the drives and places/ people I see or meet.

I was driving back up here with a pickup truck full of gear and two very nervous and yappy dogs. These dogs bark at everything, and have never met a stranger. Very playful dogs, and they would much rather get their ears scratched than guard something, or even act like they have a backbone.

I was getting ready to call it a night. I was someplace in Wisconsin, just following the GPS, had no clue where I was. Saw the sign for the rest area right up ahead and decided I would pull in there for a few hours of sleep. There were no cars in the lot besides mine. I pulled into the very north end of the trucker lot

Put the two pooches on the leash and let them out of the truck for a walk before sleep. We walked all over the lot for them to burn off some energy, and they were enjoying the smells of the animals.

My dogs were sniffing at one bush and acting a little weird, but I didn't put too much into it. They finally decided a better smell was coming from somewhere else and started pulling on the leash to go check it out. Turned to the north and gone about 50 yards when all of a sudden, the hairs on my neck stood up and shit was just wrong. Just a flat out bad feeling that hit instantly. Hadn't felt like that since leaving Afghanistan.

I turn around, and a dude is walking out of the trees right where we had just left from. There is NOTHING around this truck stop from what I could tell. There are NO other vehicles around, and this dude is just walking out of the trees.

When I turned, he started to stop very abruptly, but then just kept walking. Straight at me and the dogs. Very oily in his movements if that makes sense. Had his right hand in his pocket and raised his left hand in kind of a wave. Dressed in ratty ass clothes and the aura coming of this guy was just bad fucking news.

Then, my two dogs caught his scent and went apeshit. they were trying to run AWAY from this guy. Doing a scared little scream/whine thing and trying to tear loose from the leashes to get away. Then, he started talking " Nice doggies... Sweet puppies.. " Stuff like that. I told him to stop and keep his distance as I start backing away, trying not to trip over my terrified and squirming dogs. I have never seen them act this way towards anything or anyone. He says " I wanna pet the dogs". FUCK NO you aren't petting my dogs. You aren't coming near us. Stop where you are, or go the other direction, but don't come near us, or get between me and my truck!

" Oh, brother, but I just wanna talk to ya." Stay over there, and talk, but quit approaching us. Meanwhile, his right hand, that is in his pocket, is making furtive moves while he's waving his left hand as a distractor. He's about 50 feet away now. I tell him I ain't fucking around, he needs to quit coming closer because he is making me nervous. He keeps talking in that fake ass soothing voice people do when they are trying to ingratiate themselves with you.

Now, he's about 30 or so feet away, and I can see his demeanor changing, like he's coiling for a leap or sprint. He pulled his right hand out of his pocket but up into his coat sleeve, and he had something in it. I quit backing up, let go of the dog leash that is in my right hand, and put my hand on my Kimber, releasing the safety but not drawing yet. I am still trying to back away. The dog I still have ahold of will run for fucking MILES if she gets off leash.

I tell him " Dude, you need to stop or I'm going to defend myself". He pauses, does a little head cock, grins an EVIL fucking grin, and takes another step. I draw the gun. He says " Oh, yes....." Let go of the other dog leash, two hand clasp, and take a step towards him. I tell him " I will fucking kill you if you come any closer". He starts backing up, and saying "Hey man, I was just wanting to talk with you and pet the dogs." However, that's NOT what his body language is telling me. He was sizing the situation up, and started moving to the side going between me and my truck.. I tell him the time for talk is over, and I'm not fucking around. I start moving at a diagonal to put myself back between him and my truck. I tell him " I'm going to my truck. If you follow me, I'll take it as a threat. If you move at all towards me as I'm getting me or my dogs in the truck, Ill take it as a threat. I will kill you".

He turned his back to me and sprinted to the woods where he had come from. Both dogs are at the truck, frantically trying to get in. I run to the truck, open it up, get the dogs and me in, and hauled ass. Made it to the North side of Minneapolis before I stopped again. One of the most terrifying 5-10 minute portions of my life.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By biere:

Again from p.49

Wow!  Thank God you were carrying.  Sounds like he was going to rob you, steal your truck etc.
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 1:23:22 AM EDT
[#35]
Nothing paranormal but just a little creepy. I'm out walking my pugs before bed the other night, my older one can't hold his bladder as well as he used to be able to so I let him empty anything left over. I live in a townhome with multiple buildings around me.

i walk them directly behind my unit where there is like a 20 ft border of grass between my row of buildings and the next. Dogs like that area best.

So im walking them and feel like I'm being watched, which unfortunately is pretty normal. Lots of windows, lots of nosey nancies trying to catch people letting dogs shit without picking it up. So I look around st the regular units at their second floor balconies to see if anyone's there and there  isn't.

I continie walking when my younger pug stops following scents and kind of takes two quick hops towards something (she does this when she sees squirrels or people, anything like it)

I snap my head in the direction she moved and see a little boy about 50-75 ft in front of me just standing there staring.

I stopped and just kind of froze, it was such a bizzare thing, and the way he was just standing there was creepy as all hell.

We both stood facing each other as one dog wagged it's tail and the other took a piss for a few seconds.

He lifts his left hand in a wave but doesn't move it at all. Then I lift my hand that doesn't have the leashes and wave back. I had a light post behind me so I was lit but there was no light post close to him and none of the buildings had lights on.

Backed up a couple steps to head back to my unit and to get closer to the light when he turns and sprints off between two single story villas on the other side of the grass border.

While he wasn't fast or anything the sudden movement freaked me out so I high tailed it back to my home like a bitch.  

It wasnt particularly late that night maybe 9:30, 10. But the kid was a fucking creeper.

Im sure he was just looking at the dogs or something because a lot of the little ones around here go nuts when they see my retarded looking pugs. But still, just a little weird.

First time I've had an excuse to post in this thread since the weird shit going on in my families cabin up in NC back on page 40 something or so lol.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 11:12:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By FDrifting:
Nothing paranormal but just a little creepy.
View Quote
A little creepy?

The hell you say.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 2:46:43 AM EDT
[#37]
@FDrifting

Would love to see your pugs. I love pugs.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 2:53:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Half-Breed] [#38]
How the hell did I get unsubscribed to this thread?

Creepy.

Re-subscribed.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 8:42:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By iteotwawki:
@FDrifting

Would love to see your pugs. I love pugs.
View Quote
@iteotwawki

Light colored one is Pugsley. He's a mix so he's not pure pug. Rescued him from some white trash that treated him terrible.

The blaxk devil is Wednesday. She has no shame and is in it for instant gratification. if she sees another human walk by she will run up to them rub on them and show them her belly for pets and try to go home with them. No loyalty.

Pug lug is a good dog but he's a habitual blanket stealer and there is nothing worse than waking up cold in the middle of the night only to find the blankets at your stomach but you can't pull them up because someone likes to roll up in them while you're sleeping
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 5:51:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DontBuryMe] [#40]
I have a creepy feeling recurring dream. Bear with me, it might end up a tad long...

I've had it for about 3 years now. I will go maybe 3 or 4 months between instances and then it will come back. Sometimes it's just one night, but sometimes it happens for several nights or even weeks.

It always starts with me in the kitchen of a house. The house doesn't bear any distinct resemblance to any place I have ever lived, but it feels comfortable. Feels like home. It's well lit, but there are only basic furnishings.

Rarely in the dream do I venture out of the kitchen, or if I do I am moving quickly and I don't take notice of most of the rest of the house. However, I can remember the kitchen very clearly.

There's a small, plain wood dining table with two chairs. Off-white, dated appliances... I think the exact color is called "almond"? The floor is linoleum; small tile pattern, primarily light yellow. There are no dishes or items on the kitchen counter, which is a light yellow laminate. The cabinets are painted white, as are the walls. There is a small window above the kitchen sink, which is a single basin and metal. There are curtains on the small window.

There is an exterior door in the kitchen which also has a small window in it. This window is covered by a shade, which is always drawn. Someone knocks on the door. It always startles me, no matter how many times I have been through the same dream.

I go to the door and listen but I don't hear anyone or anything, so I peek out of the side of the shade. It's dark outside... impossibly dark. Completely pitch black. There's a light switch next to the door and I flip it now. (Note: I never have flipped the light switch before peeking out the window, only after.) A fairly dim yellow exterior light comes on. It appears to be positioned on the exterior wall, directly to the right of the door. It illuminates maybe 30 feet out but then the darkness smothers it.

There's grass in the yard, and nothing else noteworthy. Except I can tell someone is just beyond the throw of the light. I catch a glimpse of feet or lower legs moving back and forth, pacing. I quickly place the shade back and step away from the door. As soon as I do, the knocking resumes.

I move to the window above the sink and peer through the curtains. Instantly the knocking stops.

I have the same view as I had from the door window. And I mean exactly the same. The same dim yellow light, positioned directly to the right of the window. The same 30 feet of poorly lit grass. And the same pacing figure in the dark. I step away from the window and the knocking returns. This time it is more aggressive.

From here I move to the living room which is immediately off the kitchen and look through a window facing the opposite direction. Same view. Same light. Same persistent figure.

Sometimes the dream ends here. Sometimes I run frantically from window to window, hoping that the view through one will be different, but it never is. Sometimes I sit on the floor away from all the windows and doors and listen to the knocking for what seems like hours. Sometimes I stare out into the darkness, partially hoping to catch a glimpse of something, but mainly because I can't stand to hear the knocking anymore.

I have never stepped outside. The sun never rises. I never see the figure.

I always wake up in a panic, and sometimes my wife has to wake me up because I am talking or yelling in my sleep. She has never been able to tell me anything I have said specifically.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 6:03:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By DontBuryMe:
I have a creepy feeling recurring dream. Bear with me, it might end up a tad long...

I've had it for about 3 years now. I will go maybe 3 or 4 months between instances and then it will come back. Sometimes it's just one night, but sometimes it happens for several nights or even weeks.

It always starts with me in the kitchen of a house. The house doesn't bear any distinct resemblance to any place I have ever lived, but it feels comfortable. Feels like home. It's well lit, but there are only basic furnishings.

Rarely in the dream do I venture out of the kitchen, or if I do I am moving quickly and I don't take notice of most of the rest of the house. However, I can remember the kitchen very clearly.

There's a small, plain wood dining table with two chairs. Off-white, dated appliances... I think the exact color is called "almond"? The floor is linoleum; small tile pattern, primarily light yellow. There are no dishes or items on the kitchen counter, which is a light yellow laminate. The cabinets are painted white, as are the walls. There is a small window above the kitchen sink, which is a single basin and metal. There are curtains on the small window.

There is an exterior door in the kitchen which also has a small window in it. This window is covered by a shade, which is always drawn. Someone knocks on the door. It always startles me, no matter how many times I have been through the same dream.

I go to the door and listen but I don't hear anyone or anything, so I peek out of the side of the shade. It's dark outside... impossibly dark. Completely pitch black. There's a light switch next to the door and I flip it now. (Note: I never have flipped the light switch before peeking out the window, only after.) A fairly dim yellow exterior light comes on. It appears to be positioned on the exterior wall, directly to the right of the door. It illuminates maybe 30 feet out but then the darkness smothers it.

There's grass in the yard, and nothing else noteworthy. Except I can tell someone is just beyond the throw of the light. I catch a glimpse of feet or lower legs moving back and forth, pacing. I quickly place the shade back and step away from the door. As soon as I do, the knocking resumes.

I move to the window above the sink and peer through the curtains. Instantly the knocking stops.

I have the same view as I had from the door window. And I mean exactly the same. The same dim yellow light, positioned directly to the right of the window. The same 30 feet of poorly lit grass. And the same pacing figure in the dark. I step away from the window and the knocking returns. This time it is more aggressive.

From here I move to the living room which is immediately off the kitchen and look through a window facing the opposite direction. Same view. Same light. Same persistent figure.

Sometimes the dream ends here. Sometimes I run frantically from window to window, hoping that the view through one will be different, but it never is. Sometimes I sit on the floor away from all the windows and doors and listen to the knocking for what seems like hours. Sometimes I stare out into the darkness, partially hoping to catch a glimpse of something, but mainly because I can't stand to hear the knocking anymore.

I always wake up in a panic, and sometimes my wife has to wake me up because I am talking or yelling in my sleep. She has never been able to tell me anything I have said specifically.
View Quote
Yikes.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 6:43:57 PM EDT
[#42]
I have been taken off my feet and pinned by an invisible force. I posted that event in the other creepy threads. The other strange thing that I experienced was this event. I used to drive from Millington, TN to South Bend, IN on four day weekends and for AL when I was a young NCO in the Marines.

There was a house on I 57 that you could see from the interstate as you rounded a curve and I was strangely drawn to this house. I could picture the entire layout of the home and even the furnishings. I had several dreams about it over the months. Heading up to Indiana on leave after making this trip many times, I decided to get off at the exit and make my way to the house.

The folks that lived there were very nice and in their 60's. I explained to them the odd thing that I had been going through and believe it or not, they invited me in. You guessed it, not only was I correct on the layout of the home, but most of the furniture and locations as well. I felt strangely at home in that place.  I have no explanation for this at all. Nothing like this has ever occurred again with me.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 11:16:15 PM EDT
[#43]
@Ripley7t That's a good start for a past life investigation or any other reason why it fits together so well. Any collaborating information, of any sort, from the current residents?
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 12:55:37 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By robmkivseries70:
@Ripley7t That's a good start for a past life investigation or any other reason why it fits together so well. Any collaborating information, of any sort, from the current residents?
View Quote
No, you have to figure it has now been what, approx 35 years since this occurred. I just let it go, soon after, I took orders to Oki and moved along with life. Every once in awhile I think about it, but really have no interest in trying to further investigate.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 1:19:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By WyattEarp:

View Quote
Did it growl from from a particiular house? Ever walk by that same spot?
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 1:23:25 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By DaveyDug:
Yikes.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DaveyDug:

Yikes.
+1

The human mind is a trip. Makes me glad that I don't have many creepy, vivid dreams.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 9:39:07 AM EDT
[#47]

View Quote
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 12:54:40 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote
When I dream a lot of times I can exert control over the dream. Next time try it. turn into a monster or dream yourself A gun and go get some.
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 1:49:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By NY_Shooter:

+1

The human mind is a trip. Makes me glad that I don't have many creepy, vivid dreams.
View Quote
Yeah, it kinda sucks.
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 2:02:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By FP2000H:

So, what do you think it was then? Are we talking ghosts here or mutant, inbred backwoods cannibals?Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote
Probably a spiritual imprint. Not conscious, just a moment in time where your time and their time lapped. Imprints take a “shock” or energy happening in their time that leaves its mark. My guess someone loved trolling those waters back in the day. The slough’s memory, if you will.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 149
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top