Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/7/2002 7:58:52 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 9:14:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Os crap!!! With my credit I will never be able to get on a plane. [>(] Time to look at Greyhound and Amtrak schedules I guess.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 9:30:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I think that idea is bullshit! Why don't they just require everyone to arrive 12 hours before their flight so that they can be interrogated, Israeli style, for 10 hours.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 9:40:16 AM EDT
[#3]
yeah right that will help, not.

Anyone notice the amount of cash these yahoos spent? Money/bill paying was not an proplem for them.

What? we .. no they [b]REFUSE[/b] to profile by race but the [i]will[/i] profile by Credit score?!?!

what the hell will a credit check do?
will every 18 year old with no credit be flaged, cause a comp didnt reconise him. will old people be flaged since most elderly no longer pay a mortage or a car loan?

how will they hide/slip-in the credit check costs?

more "feel good" reactionary crap.

Wanna win the war on terrorism...
publicly execute our very own american taliban.
publicly execute our very own "shoe bomber"

wanna win the war on terror?
Give the terrorist something to be scared of.
You really think a bomber will think twice about bombing a school here.. knowing that he will be feed 3 times a day in jail?

Let every citizen carry openly..
lets strike fear in their hearts.
oh yeah, bet that soccer mom wont fight me in the parking lot of the local mall for the last space if a got an M4 slung over my shoulder..(unless there is a sale going on then shes liable to beat me with my own weapon)
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 9:45:00 AM EDT
[#4]
What does your credit report have to do with terrorism?
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 9:45:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Really don't think they're looking at credit score, overall credit, etc.

You could have a negative FICO and still fly. A longer credit history, of even bad credit, at least is legit.

What they're really looking for are indications of  identity fraud: someone who has all new credit issued at/near the same time, not a lot of prior activity, etc. mailing address to PO Box, usage - or *lack* of usage history, etc. [A terrorist type is likely to try to have very good credit and keep the cards 'clean' until his op. Then a flurry of spending.] And maybe funds moved from foreign sources by crediting to the card.

Bill Wiese
San Mateo, CA

Link Posted: 6/7/2002 10:30:00 AM EDT
[#6]

bwiese,
I went on vacation about three years ago..
the credit card I used left me stranded for a day because i had never used it till then.

here goes:
card issued in '97, never had more than 100 bucks total charged at one time. Used the card around 3 times a year. I simply had another card that looked better( yup thats really the reason I didnt use this one.. just to plain)
One day after a hard ass week of 14 hour days I told my wife" get the kids we are going for a drive".
We had only what we had on our backs as far as clothes go... but damn it it was long hard week and I wanted to relax..
I knew money was coming in next week so we stoped at a mall next to I-35 and bought some new stuff.. didnt want to spent an extra minute a home "packing".
Some where down the line Im low on gas.. no big deal... Im happy relaxed and still got lots to go before i reach my limit [:d]
this gas station is an unattened one by the side of the road.. you know no cash sales..no chips.. no restrooms..

no big deal drive up pull out the card..  damn thing says declined !!!!!!!!!!!!! I try the 800 munber but the payphone doenst work.

had to wait for some else to come by and asked to use thier cell phone before the credit card was turned back on.. was turned off in the name of " preventing fruad"  how many innocent people are we going to screw in the name " of terrorism"

if this doesnt make sense .. i a work trying to work and post at the same time... toggling backandforth sucks   .. damn people cant you see im trying to post on the net !!!!   leave me alone !!!
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 10:50:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top