Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/7/2002 5:52:09 AM EDT
i was late for work this morning because i flipped on the history channel at breakfast and caught the show.  it was on gun control in the 20th century.

it made me sick to see them talk about passage of the 1994 crime bill and the brady bill.  it did make me realize the the nra was pretty aggressive about the aw ban and their critism of the atf (the ad in the national papers).  i never realized that the nra took as much flack over that ad as they did.  maybe thats why the look so mild recently (trying to rebuild the ranks).  

btw, does anyone have a copy of the newspaper add...the nra one that makes the atf out to be jbt?  i'd like to print it out.  sloth  
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 10:05:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw the show this morning.  Pretty slick how they spun things.  I can't help you with the ad.  The "Jack booted..." line was a quote from someone in congress or the senate I think and the NRA just picked up on it and then took all the heat for it.  I thought it fit pretty well.  "And the ATF/FBI will be having a bonfire at you house tonight!"
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 10:11:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I also saw the show and was sickened not by the 94 crime bill, but by the building up of HCI, which the documented.  I hope its not a real life David and Goliath!
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 10:56:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I saw the show this morning.  Pretty slick how they spun things.  I can't help you with the ad.  The "Jack booted..." line was a quote from someone in congress or the senate I think and the NRA just picked up on it and then took all the heat for it.  I thought it fit pretty well.  "And the ATF/FBI will be having a bonfire at you house tonight!"
View Quote

Here's the quote from Congressman John Dingell of Michigan (a democrat, no less) from 1980:

"If I were to select a jack-booted group of fascists who were perhaps as large a danger to American society as I could pick today, I would pick BATF. They are a shame and a disgrace to our country." - U.S. Congressman John D. Dingell
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top