Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/7/2002 12:08:53 AM EDT
Look at all the fun we have to look forward to!

[url]http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2002260304,00.html[/url]
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 12:13:51 AM EDT
[#1]
So that's what an "arsenal of evil" looks like... [:X*]
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 12:32:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Remember, they are our "closest ally"  I only hope that in another 10 years we arent in the same boat.  I'd hate to think that I'm going to be on the other side of the bars for simply excercising my rights to own my "arsenal of evil"  Hell, that looks like a sesame street collection compared to mine.  
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 12:36:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Equally disturbing is the rumor that the two were overheard using the ghastly word "liberty" in school hallways.

You also gotta wonder how the reporter managed to avoid saying that the three long guns were "assault rifles"
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 12:48:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 12:50:14 AM EDT
[#5]
“We are sure that a great many firearms are still being held illegally by gun obsessives such as these and that is obviously a danger to the public.” [puke]

Must...fight...urge...to...endanger...the...public. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 1:23:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Man, that's disturbing.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 1:31:58 AM EDT
[#7]
It's nice to know that I will be considered a mad man in about ten years for owning guns.

If that's an arsenal of evil, they would think that I am Satan himself by looking at my collection.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 1:34:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If that's an arsenal of evil, they would think that I am Satan himself by looking at my collection.
View Quote

No kidding. They'd have to bring an exorcist to my house. [}:D]
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 3:35:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Maybe we should anonymously e-mail them pics of what an "arsenal of evil" REALLY looks like...

[devil]

the_reject
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 3:40:21 AM EDT
[#10]
I dont know which is worse, the fact that those two got arrested for what most of us consider to be a fledgling collection, or the bias in that article.  
Its a quadruple barfer:
[puke] [puke] [puke] [puke]

Kharn
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 3:51:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 3:57:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Thats an ARSENAL? I find more than that when I shake out the floor mats of my SUV!

Seriously, very disturbing but quite in line with the public opinion of guns and gun owners in G.B. Very clever refering to these individuals as "Gun Obsessives" sort of places them somewhere between Pedeophiles and Necrophyliacs (spelling) in the ranking of deviant behavior (in the eyes of public opinion).
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 3:59:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Are you seriious? no wonder we had to send them guns in WW2 they are pathetic.....
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 4:14:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Ummm, Where's the rest??  
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 4:38:24 AM EDT
[#15]
let's see, two teachers, a fireman and an engineer. yep, theyre dangerous obsessive mad gun-nuts!
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 4:38:26 AM EDT
[#16]
They couldn't have been serious...only 13 pistols.

-hanko
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 5:10:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Hell, that looks like a sesame street collection compared to mine.  
View Quote

Hee-Hee! Ditto!  [:D]
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 5:17:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Wait at least 2 more generations, and you too will see headlines like these here in the U.S.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 5:26:42 AM EDT
[#19]
What I find especially disturbing is the heated rhetoric from the reporter.  Terms like, "Gun mad", and, "...a sickeing ARSENAL" are way over the top as far as I'm concerned.  On the other hand, it probably plays well with most of the Sun's readers.  Also...did you all notice how they all caps and bolded the number of guns the peelers found at these guys' homes?  THIRTEEN!!!...between them both...thirteen guns.  (Geez...I guess by there standards I'm already on the list of crazies about to commit a massacre!)

The SCARIEST [SHOCK] thing is that this is where we will be if the liberals ever really take control...as they have in California.  At the risk of taking the thread off on a tangent...just look at the incredibly restrictive and ultimately unconstitutional laws controlling gun ownership in that goofy state.  THAT is what we'll have and far worse if we ever give in to the libs.

Link Posted: 6/7/2002 5:29:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Wow! A full auto BOLT gun?  Hmmmmmmmm.

Get used to it guys.  The idiot that wrote that trash could just as easily write for USA Today!  America will be that bad in a decade or two, maybe less.  Commie PRK, Taxachussets, NYC, NJ is nearly there now.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 5:51:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Next time the Britts get their asses in a jam, I say lets let them go down for the count! This is what you get when you are a "Subject of the Crown" and not a Citizen of a free nation. When Adolf and the boys were thinking of ending the Kings' rule of that soggy little island of pompous people, they had no weapons to repel an invasion. Soooo  what does the USA do ? We send them all the extra firearms we could muster. The NRA helped to collect them and get them to places where they could be shipped to those unarmed subjugated fools. So here we go almost full circle.Now they are bad-mouthing weapons again!Those little creeps would be speaking German if it wasn't for the American "gun-mad" culture! Instead of showing some Limeys ass on the front page of the SUN, it would have the SEIG HILE column.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 7:38:28 AM EDT
[#22]
don't forget the enormous quantity of ammo to supply this "arsenal of evil".....hundreds of rounds, guys.  this is getting serious.

you what else i find ironic?  that despite the horrified tone of the obviously biased rhetoric in the article, these guys were jailed for 12 months and 6 months.  serious sentences for "serious" crimes, yes?  [rolleyes]

jeesh, they treat criminals almost as nicely as we do.  i'd keep my firearms if that's all they did to me.  of course, i wouldn't let my firearms be found either.

one more thing:  i didn't realize that gangbangers were becoming so enamored of bolt actions.  are they getting nostalgic in their "old" age of late teens?
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 7:50:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
one more thing:  i didn't realize that gangbangers were becoming so enamored of bolt actions.  are they getting nostalgic in their "old" age of late teens?
View Quote

Those 2 Mausers and the one Mossie aren't nostalgic bolt-action rifles of old, those are clearly evil military-style multiple-shot high accuracy sniper rifles. Don't you know anything? [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 7:53:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Hosty had kept one of the handguns fully loaded in a bedside cabinet at his home in Shaw, Greater Manchester.
View Quote

Just one fully loaded?...

Cops found THIRTEEN handguns at the home of primary school teacher Thomas Hosty, 53. He also had two CS gas canisters, a stun gun and hundreds of rounds of ammunition.
View Quote

Are they not even allowed stun guns?  And I suppose hundreds of rounds is a lot considering I suppose you're not supposed to have even one not to mention they can't exactly go to a range...but I guess I'd be in a whole heap of trouble with my thousands and thousands of rounds of ammunition.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 8:03:11 AM EDT
[#25]

"They were trapped in a massive police operation designed to halt the rocketing supply of guns to Britain’s crime gangs.

Instead police found a network of middle-class gun nuts who had refused to hand in weapons after Dunblane — when madman Thomas Hamilton killed 16 children and their teacher — and the Hungerford horror of 1987."

Link Posted: 6/7/2002 9:02:19 AM EDT
[#26]
I'M Doomed, DOOMED I tell ya'!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top