Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/6/2002 7:52:40 PM EDT
They actually have movies I went to go see and/or have gone to see and liked. Good entertainment. No shortened speaches. Not stuffy with fufu flicks you never heard of getting praises by pretentious uppity wannabes. Hot chicks in hot clothes. That Charlize Theron was workin it. MTV music awards and MTV movie awards are the only awards show I look forward to on a yearly basis.

Anyone else?
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 8:00:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I fucking hate MTV and everything that they stand for!
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 5:48:53 AM EDT
[#2]
ROTFLMAO!!!! [}:D]

Link Posted: 6/7/2002 6:13:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I fucking hate MTV and everything that they stand for!
View Quote

Ditto, but I watched the first part anyway!  Jack Black is funny, and the movie parodies were entertaining.  The rest was like waiting for a train wreck.  Whats with the best kiss award going to 2 guys??  Was that supposed to be a joke, or are Mtv celebrating all things gay?  I was also lured in by Ozzys daughter trying to sing - I wanted to see how that would play out.  It was a lipsync all the way.  
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 6:35:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
They actually have movies I went to go see and/or have gone to see and liked. Good entertainment. No shortened speaches. Not stuffy with fufu flicks you never heard of getting praises by pretentious uppity wannabes. Hot chicks in hot clothes. That Charlize Theron was workin it. MTV music awards and MTV movie awards are the only awards show I look forward to on a yearly basis.

Anyone else?
View Quote

I hate any Hollywood crowd award show.  Nothing like watching a bunch of elites sitting around, patting each other on the back and giving each other awards for portraying people who are actually accomplishing things.

P.S. Except John Wayne - he ruled.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 7:34:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Ditto, but I watched the first part anyway!  Jack Black is funny, and the movie parodies were entertaining.  
View Quote

Right on.  I watched.  I laughed.

DrMark
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 7:38:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Been to the MTV Music Awards twice and can say that they are even funnier in person.  I suspect the Movie Awards are also.  They edit a lot of stuff out for tv.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 7:39:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anyone else?
View Quote

I hate any Hollywood crowd award show.  Nothing like watching a bunch of elites sitting around, patting each other on the back and giving each other awards for portraying people who are actually accomplishing things.

P.S. Except John Wayne - he ruled.
View Quote
What did John Wayne ever do?  He never served, in fact he refused to serve in WWII as it would hurt his aspiring movie career.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top