Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2011 12:58:35 PM EDT
Story Link

MANSFIELD, Ohio—
The streets of Mansfield are a whole lot safer after illegal guns and drugs are now off the streets.

Sixty-four people were indicted Tuesday in a massive firearms and drug trafficking undercover operation in Mansfield.

It was a surprise to people downtown.

"Anytime you get that kind of stuff off the streets, it's a good thing," said Lynn Finfgeld, of Mansfield.

<Continued in link>
Link Posted: 8/31/2011 1:01:00 PM EDT
[#1]
How much money did the ATF spend on this sting?
Link Posted: 8/31/2011 1:01:10 PM EDT
[#2]
So they opend a store and told people they would pay for drugs and guns.
Glad they didn't open that shit near my hood.
Link Posted: 8/31/2011 1:03:29 PM EDT
[#3]
So that's what happened when I was heading to the hospital I think?

Traffic was stopped and BTW, Mansfield is a shit hole except for the Panera there
Link Posted: 8/31/2011 3:02:52 PM EDT
[#4]
uh selling guns is illegal? so if a guy finds out I have guns, to the best of my knowlege is not prohibited from owning a firearm, and asks to buy one I can't sell it.
the drugs thing i have no problem with but ...
Link Posted: 8/31/2011 3:04:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Traffic was stopped and BTW, Mansfield is a shit hole except for the Panera there

This is interesting.  I always thought Mansfield was just a stop with some fast food on 71.

Link Posted: 8/31/2011 3:06:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
uh selling guns is illegal? so if a guy finds out I have guns, to the best of my knowlege is not prohibited from owning a firearm, and asks to buy one I can't sell it.
the drugs thing i have no problem with but ...

You're missing the point.

This isn't about enforcing a law, this is about trying to get good press for the ATF.

I guarantee that the news release today was not expected or desired by the people working the case(s).
Link Posted: 8/31/2011 3:07:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/31/2011 3:07:58 PM EDT
[#8]
All of them.. Not guilty. Jail the ATF
Link Posted: 8/31/2011 3:10:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Gosh, I guess the ATF really are the good guys now. The previous several decades of bullshit is all forgiven. I take back everything I have said about them.
Link Posted: 8/31/2011 3:24:30 PM EDT
[#10]
They pulled that shit in Omaha about a month ago

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/31/2011 3:28:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The only reason I might ever venture to Mansfield is to take a tour of the old prison there.

Maybe someday I'll get around to it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2011 3:29:22 PM EDT
[#12]
How soon before the ATF gives the seized items to mexico?
Link Posted: 8/31/2011 3:37:35 PM EDT
[#13]

"The ATF says undercover agents ran the operation out of what appeared to be a jersey and sneakers store in Mansfield."

Does the NAACP and the CBC know about this nefarious profiling...?!!

Link Posted: 8/31/2011 3:38:18 PM EDT
[#14]
I always find the term 'illegal guns' a bit irritating.

Because it is a very rare thing for the gun to be illegal itself, sure the possession of a gun might be illegal by that individual, but the gun itself is not illegal, (stolen maybe, but not illegal)

Link Posted: 8/31/2011 3:39:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
How soon before the ATF gives the seized items to mexico?

This.
The atf broke the law in the same fashion and those cocksuckers are still running free.
Link Posted: 8/31/2011 4:00:58 PM EDT
[#16]
I hope Perry dissolves the ATF.  If he doesn't nothing else, dear Lord let him do that.

Assuming of course, he wins.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2011 4:13:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Sounds like one criminal gang got the upper hand on another.
Link Posted: 9/5/2011 2:47:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I always find the term 'illegal guns' a bit irritating.

Because it is a very rare thing for the gun to be illegal itself, sure the possession of a gun might be illegal by that individual, but the gun itself is not illegal, (stolen maybe, but not illegal)

I would think that if any of the guns were stolen, they should return them to the rightful owners.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top