Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2002 5:36:35 PM EDT
One of my buddy's and I were talking about hero's and living legends that were still alive today and we only came up with a few.
In no specific order.
Ronald Reagan
Chuck Yeager
Neil Armstrong
BB king (hey I dig his music)
Bob Hope
Bill Gates
The gentleman Who piloted the Enola Gay (can't remember his name)
And then there were several people who were close but just not close enough.
Stormin Norman
Willy Mays
Ali (who is not a hero but might be considered a living legend).
I know I'm leaving out a bunch of people (due to an aging memory).
Who am I forgetting and would be on your list?
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 6:10:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Any veteran of service to the USA should be considered a HERO.[left]Any Fireman who has ever gone out on a call should be considered a HERO.[/left][left]Any Cop who has ever done his best for his community should be considered a HERO.[/left][left]All the celebrities (FAR too many to name) who dropped everything to fight, sell war bonds, serve GIs at USO clubs, or go overseas to entertain the troops should be considered HEROES.[/left]
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 6:18:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 6:33:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Audie Murphy
George Patton
Billy Mitchell

View Quote

All these guys are dead.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 6:42:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 6:54:59 PM EDT
[#5]
My grandfather (Company I, 120th Infantry Regiment, 30th Infantry Division..WWII)

And, one of our family friends was one of Merrill's Marauders. Even though he's pushing 80 now, I wouldn't want to tangle with him. He told us some stories about what he's seen and done...man, one tough mofo.

To me, anyway, they're heros and legends. My grandfather's dead, but the colonel is alive and quite happy to remain so.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top