Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/6/2002 4:08:31 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 4:18:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow...I geuss that gives a whole new meaning to DHS (Department of Homeland Defense)
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 4:23:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Did anybody notice that on the Flag with the Presidential Seal, How they had taken great care to show that the Eagles Talon Holding the Arrows was tward the TV cameras?
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 4:25:41 PM EDT
[#3]
politicians as a group working on their personal vision of homeland defense and government bureaucracy with unlimited tax money - bend over, grab your wallet and your personal freedom.
nothing good for joe/jane citizen will come out of this.

edited to add:
no citizen will be free until the batf is disbanded.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 4:26:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 4:57:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
this could be the single most dangerous thing to our freedoms that has ever happened.
View Quote

Or not.
It isn't so much a consolidation of agencies as it is an agency that exists to consolidate the INFORMATION that they gather.  The whole problem with 9-11 was that together, the CIA, NSA, FBI, INS and other agencies had enough data to stop the hijackers, BUT they never shared it.  It was filtered through their upper echelons, none of which knew the info from the other agencies either, and by the time it reached the president's desk it was disconnected and useless.
From what I understand, the DHD would be that agency that is given all pertinent information by all the different agencies and decides whether further investigation or action is warranted.
It doesn't really sound that threatening to me...but hopefully it will be threatening to the terrorists.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 5:13:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
this could be the single most dangerous thing to our freedoms that has ever happened.
View Quote

Or not.
It isn't so much a consolidation of agencies as it is an agency that exists to consolidate the INFORMATION that they gather.  The whole problem with 9-11 was that together, the CIA, NSA, FBI, INS and other agencies had enough data to stop the hijackers, BUT they never shared it.  It was filtered through their upper echelons, none of which knew the info from the other agencies either, and by the time it reached the president's desk it was disconnected and useless.
From what I understand, the DHD would be that agency that is given all pertinent information by all the different agencies and decides whether further investigation or action is warranted.
It doesn't really sound that threatening to me...but hopefully it will be threatening to the terrorists.
View Quote

I completely agree.  It's very easy to sit back in the cheap seats and poo-poo every idea that comes along.  But, I'm willing to watch and see...give our Commander-in-Chief an opportunity to handle this.  I'm impressed with his handling of the war on terror so far. He has my support.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 5:19:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Office Of Fatherland Security.

Jay
[img]http://www.commspeed.net/jmurray/images/iroc-cop.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 5:44:25 PM EDT
[#8]
"Fatherland"
"Homeland"
"Internal Security"
"Profiling"

Hum.....

These are trying times.....we must be critical of everything that is done in the name of security and safety.  I missed the press conference tonight (west coast).  I'll have to catch it later at 11pm

[i]The road to hell was paved with good intentions....[/i]
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 5:50:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Ok guys,chill out.

This may really be a good thing.
The FBI needs something new to do(and stay off people's backs)
And a shake up of the others will take them down a notch.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 6:36:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
"Fatherland"
"Homeland"
"Internal Security"
"Profiling"

Hum.....

These are trying times.....we must be critical of everything that is done in the name of security and safety.  I missed the press conference tonight (west coast).  I'll have to catch it later at 11pm
View Quote

So, you didn't watch the speech, but you're ready to assume the worst?  How...daring of you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top