Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/30/2011 4:23:40 AM EDT
Playing basketball,  went for a steal hit an elbow, hand went CRUNCH,  pain, game over for me. Tree of the guys I play with are doctor's,  one is an orthopedic surgeon,  he looked at my hand, touched it here and there, said, its broke, problem is, no health insurance.....my pinky is curled up underneath my 3rd digit hand my hand crunches when I move the last 2 fingers.

Not so much pain, the ortho fella I play with splinted me up and said 4 to 8 week's. Just wondering what to do if it don't heal right or at all be it I don't have insurance.

I understand you shouldn't come on arf and ask for medical advice, but I can't afford a trip to the er.
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 4:25:16 AM EDT
[#1]
You will just have to use your left.
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 4:25:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Trust the ortho guy, its his fuckin job. You'll be fine. People got along just fine before health insurance.
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 4:26:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Don't take this the wrong way but why don't you ask the three doctors that you play with? I would think they would know just a little bit more than the ARF'rs
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 4:28:13 AM EDT
[#4]
If I broke my right hand I don't know what I would do.

I tried fapping left handed. It didn't work so well.
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 4:30:00 AM EDT
[#5]
If it doesn't heal up right then go get insurance and have a buddy smash your hand with a hammer. Duh.
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 4:30:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You will just have to use fap with your left.

FIFY
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 4:33:37 AM EDT
[#7]
I didn't get mine casted either time.

I pay the price for it everyday.

Hardest part for me with it being broke was trying to wipe with my left hand.  Fucking horrible.
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 5:10:49 AM EDT
[#8]
I did ask the guys, they said it would be fine, I just wanted to see if any of you guys ever had a similar issue. Fapping and butt wiping ain't easy, my biggest worry is will I be able to shoot a ball/gun properly again.

Thanks guys for replying
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 5:13:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 5:14:03 AM EDT
[#10]
There goes your love life
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 5:36:31 AM EDT
[#11]
I have broken my right hand twice, both a boxer break, surprisingly it didn't break in the same spot the second time, and both times I didn't go to the hospital or even splint it. The bone is now about a half circle and even that bad it doesn't affect me that much You will be fine, you received medical treatment.
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 5:40:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Hardest part for me with it being broke was trying to wipe with my left hand.  Fucking horrible.

I broke my left hand. Had surgery and went back to work in a few days with it in a cast. Went and took a piss and , OH shit! I couldn't zip my pants back up. After failing for about 5 minutes, i had to have a guy I work with zip my pants up for me. We went and had a cigarette afterwards.

Link Posted: 8/30/2011 6:39:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
There goes your love life

Yea, I wont be able to wrestle my wife into submission with one hand.
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 6:40:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I can't wipe right handed anymore.
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 6:41:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 6:41:39 AM EDT
[#16]
OP... you tried picking up insurance and then going to the doctor?
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 6:42:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Ah hell, I can switch hands and gain a stroke.  

LC
Link Posted: 8/31/2011 10:41:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
OP... you tried picking up insurance and then going to the doctor?

No but I am going to have to get something.
Link Posted: 8/31/2011 10:50:06 AM EDT
[#19]
How long did it take you to type all that?
Link Posted: 8/31/2011 10:50:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Just got back from the orthopedic fella I play ball with, he offered to xray me and cast my hand, he was right,  he xrayed me and my third finger is cleanly broken, he casted me and sent me on my way. Free of charge, there really are some good people left in the world.
Link Posted: 8/31/2011 10:53:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
How long did it take you to type all that?

took a good bit,  on my cell and with my left thumb.
Link Posted: 8/31/2011 10:54:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
You will just have to use fap with your left.

FIFY

Feels like someone else is doing it.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2011 10:57:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I broke my left hand. Had surgery and went back to work in a few days with it in a cast. Went and took a piss and , OH shit! I couldn't zip my pants back up. After failing for about 5 minutes, i had to have a guy I work with zip my pants up for me. We went and had a cigarette afterwards.

LMFAO

To the OP I shoot just fine, and can still play guitar.  It's just certain motions, or work that'll remind me I was a fucking idiot for breaking my hand, and not treating it proper afterwards (not saying this is what you did, just a personal reflection.)
Link Posted: 8/31/2011 10:58:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Just got back from the orthopedic fella I play ball with, he offered to xray me and cast my hand, he was right,  he xrayed me and my third finger is cleanly broken, he casted me and sent me on my way. Free of charge, there really are some good people left in the world.

The orthopedic didn't happen to be the guy you were trying to steal the ball from was it?

Anywho, glad to know you got it covered.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/31/2011 11:08:55 AM EDT
[#25]
What are you made of glass?
Link Posted: 8/31/2011 12:55:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
What are you made of glass?

Nope first broken bonw in 34 years
Link Posted: 8/31/2011 12:56:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The orthopedic didn't happen to be the guy you were trying to steal the ball from was it?

Anywho, glad to know you got it covered.

No it was his younger cousin.
Link Posted: 8/31/2011 2:39:44 PM EDT
[#28]
?????broke your hand playing basketball????...........I think YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/31/2011 2:41:43 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Playing basketball,  went for a steal hit an elbow, hand went CRUNCH,  pain, game over for me. Tree of the guys I play with are doctor's,  one is an orthopedic surgeon,  he looked at my hand, touched it here and there, said, its broke, problem is, no health insurance.....my pinky is curled up underneath my 3rd digit hand my hand crunches when I move the last 2 fingers.

Not so much pain, the ortho fella I play with splinted me up and said 4 to 8 week's. Just wondering what to do if it don't heal right or at all be it I don't have insurance.

I understand you shouldn't come on arf and ask for medical advice, but I can't afford a trip to the er.

Oak?

Link Posted: 8/31/2011 2:42:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Pics???
Link Posted: 8/31/2011 2:45:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

similar story here. broke the bone in my hand directly below the pinky finger. no doctor, just a splint for 4 weeks. it is still slightly curled. pics upon request. its nothing major though.
Link Posted: 8/31/2011 2:51:33 PM EDT
[#32]
You'll be all right.

What do you think folks did before "health insurance"?
Link Posted: 8/31/2011 2:52:53 PM EDT
[#33]
You talked to an orthopedist already and you are coming to arfcom for advice?  
Link Posted: 8/31/2011 3:03:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
You talked to an orthopedist opponent already and you are coming to arfcom for advice?  

Link Posted: 8/31/2011 3:08:20 PM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 9/6/2011 4:53:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Well its been a little over a week, this cast is claustrophobic, I can't shoot guns or basketball,  kind of miserable,  can't aim well in fallout new vegas,  using vats mostly. Wish I had a revolver it ain't easy chambering a round one handed. Sorry about misspelling three.
Link Posted: 9/6/2011 5:10:41 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

My right slapped me for cheating on it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2011 5:21:22 AM EDT
[#38]
I bet you did!!!

Link Posted: 9/6/2011 7:07:55 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Oak?

Bout tree fiddy.
Link Posted: 9/6/2011 7:34:49 AM EDT
[#40]
I've broken my right hand four times and I am right handed.  You learn to do a lot of things left handed when your right hand is broken.

One time it was somewhat shattered and required two surgeries to correct.  That's what happens when you punch a concrete wall that you think is drywall.  Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.  The other times, it was just set in a cast/splint and was fine.
Link Posted: 9/6/2011 7:36:48 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Trust the ortho guy, its his fuckin job. You'll be fine. People got along just fine before health insurance.

Hahaha, you mean like when the average life span was 52?
Link Posted: 9/6/2011 8:05:10 AM EDT
[#42]
Go to hospital, claim your name is Manuel Rodriguez Ortiz and no hablo ingles. Poof, free healthcare.
Link Posted: 9/9/2011 3:04:45 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Go to hospital, claim your name is Manuel Rodriguez Ortiz and no hablo ingles. Poof, free healthcare.

Never thought of that.........

Link Posted: 9/9/2011 3:17:15 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never thought of that.........

See, Arfcom was helpful!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2011 3:39:20 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
And with that OP's sex life takes a major downturn.

No, just sex with a 'stranger'.
Link Posted: 9/9/2011 4:52:11 AM EDT
[#46]
Get a 6 inch length of 1/2 inch pvc pipe, put it in your broken hand, then duct tape the hand around the pipe.
That way you'll be sure at least the hand heals in a usable condition.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2011 4:55:28 AM EDT
[#47]
Internet reference, gauze and gaffers tape. Two weeks from now you
Will have your girl friend back.
Link Posted: 9/9/2011 4:56:08 AM EDT
[#48]
Can your buddy not fix it for you for free?

Glad he helped you out.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 6:18:08 AM EDT
[#49]
Well, today is the last day of my 4 weeks, trying to get in contact with the doc, really want this thing off,  it smells like shit.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 6:22:36 AM EDT
[#50]
You are buddies with three doctors, and don't have cash for a doctor trip? What are you, their gardner?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top