Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/6/2002 12:44:35 PM EDT
[i]Moved from the Self Defense/Fitness forum...[/i]

From Weber:

[b]Buffalo is a wonderfully flavorful, lower-fat alternative to beef. Searing these steaks directly over a hot fire keeps them tender and moist.[/b]

For the steaks:[/b]

4 teaspoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons peanut oil
1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 teaspoon cardamom
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
4 buffalo strip steaks, about 10 ounces each

[b]For the gravy:[/b]

2 portobello mushrooms, about 3 ounces each
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
2 tablespoons minced onion
6 to 8 cloves garlic, minced
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/2 cup red wine
1-1/2 cups brown gravy

To make the steaks: Combine all ingredients except steaks. Rub on both sides of the steaks, cover, and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.

Meanwhile, prepare the gravy: Rub the portobello mushrooms with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, lemon-pepper seasoning, and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Grill the mushroom for 8-10 minutes over direct medium heat. Remove from grill, cut into small dice, and set aside.

Sauté the minced onion and garlic in the remaining 2 tablespoons of the oil for 1 to 2 minutes; add the wine and reduce until wine is gone. Add the brown gravy and reserved mushroom. Stir to blend; simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.

For gas grills, increase heat to High. Grill steaks over Direct High heat for 8 to 12 minutes, turning once halfway through grilling time, or until desired doneness.

Makes 4 servings.

Link Posted: 6/6/2002 12:54:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks, man!! We have some beefalo here I will try it with. Shit this stuff looks good!!  [bounce]
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 1:10:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Omar, I'm getting hungry. A nice bottle of chateauneuf-du-pape is on the table. I'll expect you at 7:00. [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/wine.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 8:25:38 AM EDT
[#3]
shooter69, sorry I wasn't there.  I can't catch the damn buffalo around here.  They may be big, but those suckers are fast!!

Hey, I've never cooked this, so if you try it let me know how it turns out!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top