Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2002 10:39:17 AM EDT
After all these years of eating fast food.I have come to the opinion that Mcdonalds make the best fries.

Which do you prefer??

btw is there any truth to the rumor that Mcdonalds take 3/4 of the potato production in the US for their fries???
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 10:44:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 10:44:50 AM EDT
[#2]
McDonalds' has the best fries by far.  Burger Kings fries were better before they changed them a few years ago.  Now they are crap, my least favorite fry of all restaurant chains.  McDonalds is the king of fries.
Bill3508
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 10:46:07 AM EDT
[#3]
McDonalds.  They fry 'em in meat products.  They even got sued for it by some PETA vegan wierdos.

Now I [b]only[/b] eat McDonalds!  

[:D]
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 10:48:50 AM EDT
[#4]
McDonalds!  They were even better before they switched to their "heart friendly" oil.
Don't like BK's new fries, Wendy's have improved though.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 10:49:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Best fries will have to be [b]In and Out Burgers[/b] hands down
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 10:51:13 AM EDT
[#6]
[url]http://www.redrobin.com/Menu_Burgers.html[/url]
Try eating here and let me know what you think...
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 2:31:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Like this question even needed to be asked.

Mcdonalds, no doubt about it.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 2:43:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Neither MacDonalds or Burger King makes fries.  They just cook 'em.  Fries are made by Lamb Weston (there's a plant right here).[:D]  [url]http://www.lambweston.com/products.asp?navid=2&chain=2[/url]
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 2:47:41 PM EDT
[#9]
yeah in and out's are good but there to limp for me i really like jack in the boxes curly fries thu
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 2:48:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 2:54:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Mcdonalds
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 3:31:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Obviously LT is just having flashbacks to his California days........

In and Out fries are OK, they really aren't bad or good, just different. I can't explain it but they taste so "unlike other fries"

Anyways, McD's fries are hands down the best...
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 3:49:30 PM EDT
[#13]
I vote for Whataburger....(A texas based chain)

Not only do their fries taste very tatery, they have rectangular tubs of ketchup instead of those little foil paks.

The burgers are great too.

M4-AK
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 4:03:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Neither MacDonalds or Burger King makes fries.  They just cook 'em.  Fries are made by Lamb Weston (there's a plant right here).[:D]  [url]http://www.lambweston.com/products.asp?navid=2&chain=2[/url]
View Quote

Does that mean there's lamb in Mickey D's fries?

No wonder they are so freaking good.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 4:18:12 PM EDT
[#15]
McDonald's has the best fries. Unfortunately, when I go out to eat for lunch, I only have Burger King, Jack In The Box, and Subway to choose from as they are the only ones in the area open at 3:00AM. More often than not, the nod goes to Subway for a tasty club or meatball sandwich.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 4:20:17 PM EDT
[#16]
MickeyDees
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 4:22:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Maidrite      home style fries
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 4:24:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
McDonalds.  They fry 'em in meat products.  They even got sued for it by some PETA vegan wierdos.
View Quote

Hindus or somthing, and they got ten million in compensation for (in their mind) going to hell.

Quoted:
View Quote

Always with the [b]In and Out Burgers[/b]! Some of don't have access to that on-the-hoof gastronomic temple of happiness... [:(]

[b]Meat-man[/b]: Let me throw a question back to you... do you eat their hamburgers, and what do you think of the 'meat'??
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 4:29:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Like this question even needed to be asked.

Mcdonalds, no doubt about it.
View Quote

i agree
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 6:27:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Sorry gentlemen... I gotta go with whataburger fries...

to those that havent tried them. you are really missing out..

but on the subject if no whataburger is around then I'll "settle" for MCD's.  
Burerking fries dont even make it out of the bag when I go there...  at keast you can get onion ringds if BK is all there is[:d]
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 6:29:50 PM EDT
[#21]
To those that ask what the F@ck this ios doing on a gun site !!!!

I offer you this...

BurgerKing's preban fires were a lot beter then their postban crap..

there is that better?
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 7:23:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Always with the [b]In and Out Burgers[/b]! Some of don't have access to that on-the-hoof gastronomic temple of happiness... [:(]

View Quote

[img]http://www.in-n-out.com/assets/frncfris.jpg[/img] MMMMMM

Add some of this: [img]http://www.in-n-out.com/assets/dbldbl.jpg[/img]

Then wash it down with a little: [img]http://www.in-n-out.com/assets/3shakes.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 7:38:22 PM EDT
[#23]
[img]http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:Z8ROoW2FK6MC:www.fpm.iastate.edu/veenker/clipart/mcdonalds-logo.gif[/img]

Tasty.

-T.

Whoops!! Pic too big!!
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 7:40:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Now I [b]only[/b] eat McDonalds!  

[:D]
View Quote

They just forked over $15,000,000 to the Hindu's.

Oh ya, Wendy's "COOK'S" the best fast food fries.  McD fries make my chest hurt.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 7:44:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Not sure if this has been mentioned on this thread (only read half way down), but MCDONALDS IS AN ANTI-GUN COMPANY!!

BOYCOTT their nasty food.

Wendys makes the best frys.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 7:54:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Wendys makes the best frys.
View Quote

Wendys is anti-gun, too.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 11:43:35 PM EDT
[#27]
You uncultured riff raff have no concept of what real pommes frites are like.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 12:26:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Well,when I ate fast food 2 years ago ,I liked BK fries.I since retired from eating fast food the day after finishing this book.

[url]www.nytimes.com/books/first/s/schlosser-fast.html[/url]
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 12:52:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Mickey-D's are the best...BUT... here in Tulsa is a burger joint named GOLDIES. They used to have hand cut fries cooked in peanut oil! Hand formed ground chopped steak grilled on Hickory grill and all the bread and butter pickles you could hold. Alas, they have caved to the (health conscious???)do-gooders and use frozen fries cooked in what ever the cheapest oil crap they could buy(like everyone else!). Still have fairly good burgers and the pickle bar but is not near what they used to be(which was the best product I have ever eaten).What a shame...[:(]
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 1:52:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Gotta go with Hungry Jack's; Got'em all over down here (Burger King/clone)
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 3:30:51 AM EDT
[#31]
McDonalds is better then Burger King.
But I like Steak and Shake the best.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 3:43:59 AM EDT
[#32]
McUzi's soon to be open near you.
no bullshit fries with a grain a salt,
burgers quarunteed to stop your heart or your money back.
rescue93
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 11:45:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
You uncultured riff raff have no concept of what real pommes frites are like.
View Quote

I do, tastes like commie newspaper ink.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 4:07:09 AM EDT
[#34]
McDonalds because they are usually crunchy.Wendys suck 'cause they are usually soggy.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 5:28:22 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 6:58:01 AM EDT
[#36]
I stay away from Burger King fries. I seriuosly think they piss in them. Once me and my friends went to a Burger King late at night and we were the only ones there and they served us fries and they were clumped together, smelled like piss and tasted sour.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 7:55:40 AM EDT
[#37]
Neither Mickey D's or Burglar King. Here in South. Calif. it is In-&-Out Burgers. They make their french fries from real fresh potatoes rather than the frozen variety. They have fresh potatoes delivered to their stores on a daily basis. I think they use about 1,000 of potatoes a day. They are politically conservative running the company.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 8:11:06 AM EDT
[#38]
I like Del Taco's fries.  In n' out is good too.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 8:32:20 AM EDT
[#39]
Mcdonalds by far has better fries than Burger King
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 8:44:15 AM EDT
[#40]
Where is the Meat-man to answer my question? He can start this discussion but then disappears. I'd like an expert opinion on the quality of the "hamburgers" these places peddle.

Quoted:
I stay away from Burger King fries. I seriuosly think they piss in them. Once me and my friends went to a Burger King late at night and we were the only ones there and they served us fries and they were clumped together, smelled like piss and tasted sour.
View Quote

Sorry about that! If it was shortly after 9-11 they might not have taken a liking to you. *LOL*

Link Posted: 6/9/2002 8:55:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Mickey D's are the best!
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 9:31:45 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

ron97ws6 gets out his scissors:
[b]In and Out urge [/b]
View Quote

sorry 'bout that!
But I lived in L.A. county in the '80s, and that's how we all altered the In and Out  bumper sticker!
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 7:41:36 AM EDT
[#43]
Ah the meat man is here.
meat man don't worketh on weekends[:D]

The meat used in MD and BK are of the highest quality avalailble. It not the ingredients but how you use them.

I personally perfer the whopper to the big mac.

Now the fries that another matter

Did you know that MD is so quality conscience that i have heard they they send patties from the US to the MD's in Asia just to be sure.

Link Posted: 6/10/2002 8:03:14 AM EDT
[#44]
Burger King fries are nasty. [:X*]

McDonalds fries are the best [:D]
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 8:19:08 AM EDT
[#45]
McDonalds has the better fries.  

I can't stand that coating Burger King put on theirs to keep the outside crispy longer.

Whataburger has good fries too, but they arent as consistant as McDonalds.

And Wendys, can't forget Wendys.  Their fries are good too.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 6:44:31 PM EDT
[#46]
How come no one has mentioned Checkers Fries? [:)]
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 9:19:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Wow!  everyone agreed so far that Mcdonald's fries are better than BK's.  Total agreement.  It must be a rare planetary alignment.  Burger King used to have good burgers until they decided to pre-cook all the burgers and them nuke them before serving.  This practice wouldn't be that bad if they only nuked the patties, but they nuke the whole sandwich.  If the bun on your burger is hotter than hell....something ain't right.
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 4:37:08 AM EDT
[#48]
McDonalds fries are better than Burger Kings but Wendys fries are the best. CD.
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 5:00:28 AM EDT
[#49]
Criteria, strictly FF joints.  I've had:

BK- SUX
McD's- Make's my chest hurt.  Must be that anti-Hindu oil they use.
KFC
In/Out
Wendy's
Jack Box- SUX
Carl's Jr.- SUX
Del Taco's

Wendy's [b]IS[/b] the best!
Del Taco and KFC are not bad either.
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 6:57:39 AM EDT
[#50]
In-n-outs and Del Tacos fries are the best unless you let them sit for a while then they taste nasty. The Hat has some pretty good fries also with the bonus thay they give you a ton of them with your order.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top