Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/6/2002 9:21:10 AM EDT
It seems that the countries listed have some serious muslim/terrorist problems. What and awesome anti-terror alliance this would make. I doubt the Chicoms or Russians would want any part of it. It's time to put a stop to this crap, whatever it takes! Opinions?
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 9:38:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
It seems that the countries listed have some serious muslim/terrorist problems. What and awesome anti-terror alliance this would make. I doubt the Chicoms or Russians would want any part of it. It's time to put a stop to this crap, whatever it takes! Opinions?
View Quote

not sure about an alliance -
the russians already have a muslim terrorism problem, and with their attitude about religion i'm surprised the chinese dont too. maybe they do and we just dont hear about it.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 9:40:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Come to think of it, with all their Chechen (muslim) problems the Russians might want in on it! The muslims want to kill Christians, Jews and Hindus...a common thread for a kick ass alliance.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 9:40:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

You forget Chechenya and the problems for Iran-funded Muslim in the southern border of China...

I guess that you cannot call "alliance" but "commonship of interests"...
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 9:43:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You forget Chechenya and the problems for Iran-funded Muslim in the southern border of China...

I guess that you cannot call "alliance" but "commonship of interests"...
View Quote

Ok let's let the chicoms in on a free for all on their "problem" as well.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 9:49:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 12:31:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Can we start nuking them now already ?

View Quote

Should have been done Sept 12, 2002.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 1:20:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Said this before but I added in Britain and Russia. Together, even with our peacetime-numbered militaries we could do whatever we wanted...
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 1:43:59 PM EDT
[#8]
One thing about this group - everyone is going to agree !! (not)

Not today but perhaps nearer in the future than we now believe I could see an alliance with Russia, Iran, Afghanistan and Pakistan.

I believe we must continue to isolate China from substantiative regional allies and the above alliance would go a long way in that direction.

Probably my inclusion of Iran will raise a brow or two but that's one country where the people love the U.S. and only the government hates us.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 2:15:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 2:45:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Not today but perhaps nearer in the future than we now believe I could see an alliance with Russia, Iran, Afghanistan and Pakistan.

View Quote

Other than Russia, aren't the rest our muslim enemies?
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 5:28:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Iran, that's one country where the people love the U.S. and only the government hates us.
View Quote

Really ???
I have not heard that one before. [>:/]
View Quote

Dig through the Wall Street Journal's editorial-page archives.  There have been about a dozen editorials since September 11 discussing this.

One of the first mentioned how spontaneous demonstrations in support of the U.S. arose throughout Iran in the week following September 11th.  The people love the U.S.  It's just the government -- really, only the religious-hardliner side of the government, not the reformers -- which remains adamantly opposed to the U.S.  And they do it more as a means of controlling the population (see [u]1984[/u] by George Orwell) than anything else, IMHO.

The WSJ's editorial position is that the U.S. should encourage internal revolution in Iran to overthrow the current regime, which is highly unpopular among the population.  The WSJ believes that normalizing relations would actually be a bad step, since it would reduce internal pressure on the current Iranian government and allow the hardliners to remain in at least partial control.

The most recent was this week, I believe yesterday.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 5:36:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 5:54:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
That's why I like this site so much.
You get fresh and credible opinions.
Thanks for the info 71-Hour_Achmed.
[^]
View Quote

Glad to be of service.  Found the editorial from yesterday;  here's a relevant paragraph:
June 5, 2002
Iran's Next Revolution
By MICHAEL A. LEDEEN
[url]file:///article/0,,SB1023236892460619600.djm,00.html[/url]
The regime is also cracking down on simple expressions of opinion, most recently concerning relations with the U.S. The Iranian people are probably the most enthusiastically pro-American in the Islamic world, and would love to see an active American presence in their country. The regime, at least publicly, constantly attacks the U.S., and has banned any discussion of normalization of relations from all media, and even in school classrooms. When two journalists challenged the decree, they were quickly issued subpoenas.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 5:56:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 6:30:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

The US has nothing in common with these countries' goals. Israel, India, Russia and China and India have a "Muslim problem" because they continue to occupy Muslim areas that they have no business being in.

Regardless, the only beneficial agreement would be between the US and Russia by far. India is too poor and has a poor military, China is nobody's friend and Israel is too out of control.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 7:40:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The US has nothing in common with these countries' goals. Israel, India, Russia and China and India have a "Muslim problem" because they continue to occupy Muslim areas that they have no business being in.

Regardless, the only beneficial agreement would be between the US and Russia by far. India is too poor and has a poor military, China is nobody's friend and Israel is too out of control.
View Quote

The only point I can agree with here is that China is friend to no one. Israel out of control. LOL! If we had put up with the crap they have there would be no "benevolent" muslims anymore. Really, these people live with terrorism daily. Their land was won fair and square. They were the ones attacked in 1967!
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 7:45:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

Should have been done Sept 12, 2002?  You from the future er something?  What happens!  Tell me!  Fessupfessupfessup!  Oh, and while you are at it...what stocks look good?
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 8:24:03 AM EDT
[#18]
I think this Israel, India, US alignment is a great idea.  Lets give India a bunch of nukes, and Israel a bunch more.  We let India be the instigator and nuke  Pakistan, and of course the rest of the muslim middle east as well because of the muslim threat they prove to be, and Israel can jump on the bandwagon and toss a few to protect themselves as well.

Middle east goes bye bye and China is taught to behave due to the number of missiles held by India (hey, let's give some to Taiwan also!).  I like this idea, who says nuclear proliferation has to be a bad thing!?

Mike
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 10:36:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

Should have been done Sept 12, 2002?  You from the future er something?  What happens!  Tell me!  Fessupfessupfessup!  Oh, and while you are at it...what stocks look good?
View Quote

I was thinking of giving them a year to think we weren't gonna do it to catch them off gaurd... [:I]
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 10:54:43 AM EDT
[#20]
You may as well include the Phillipines in the alliance.

Actually, what group haven't the islamic fundamentalists offended?

Even Buddhists must be somewhat concerned when they see ancient, archeologically significant buddhist statues being destroyed...
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 1:36:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Good point. I'd love to see them meet their end. If they piss off enough people maybe it'll happen. 9/11 should have been more than enough to bring this about but we're so "civilized" and PC these days. It's sad...
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 1:56:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Good point. I'd love to see them meet their end. If they piss off enough people maybe it'll happen. 9/11 should have been more than enough to bring this about but we're so "civilized" and PC these days. It's sad...
View Quote

Too bad the Crusades are un-PC, that'd be a good cure to the oil prices and the muslim threat.  I'd happily sign up for that war.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 2:17:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

that'd be a good cure to the oil prices  
View Quote

We should have long since slapped a "Chevron" sticker on every oil well in the Mid East. [marines]
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 2:56:07 PM EDT
[#24]
I've met a bunch of folks from the mid east area.
With out a doubt the Persians are the most civil and generous out of the whole lot.
They are good customers and I would rather deal with them than about any other ethnic group.
Who would have thought?
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 7:55:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The only point I can agree with here is that China is friend to no one. Israel out of control. LOL! If we had put up with the crap they have there would be no "benevolent" muslims anymore. Really, these people live with terrorism daily. Their land was won fair and square. They were the ones attacked in 1967!
View Quote

Right, uh-huh. Did the 300,000+ Israeli settlers in the West Bank and Gaza (guarded by Israeli Army soldiers) take that land "fair and square" from their Palestinian owners, decades after the last war was fought? I have yet to hear this one explained by the Jew/Israeli lovers.
Quoted:
Lets give India a bunch of nukes, and Israel a bunch more.
View Quote

India already has a bunch of nukes, or don't you read the news? And the Jews have had nukes for awhile also thanks to the French. They were close to using them against Iraq during the Persian Gulf "war".
We let India be the instigator and nuke Pakistan
View Quote

Great idea, so all those Taliban and al-Quieda can come over and take over the country that has nukes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top