Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2002 8:16:10 AM EDT
I have a chunk of gold ore that I've been offered $300.00 for and would like to sell it and buy a Bullpup...   If anyone has any knowledge of it's value, I'd appreciate a post...   It's over 3 inches long and the stuff beside it is a crushed corner, that I broke off and crushed with a hammer...   ???  [img]http://www.printroom.com/_vti_bin/ViewImage.dll?userid=bigyeti&album_id=76841&image_id=38¶m=40841[/img]
edited to make the pic bigger...
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 8:28:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Almost impossible to tell untill y ou have it assayed. Depends on how much gold is in the quartz or rock, and how pure the gold is. Try posting this at [url]www.tomashworth.com[/url] in the mining forum and there will lots of very knowledgable people to answer your question.

I am more of a placer miner than hard rock so I can't help you much more than this... Sorry  [:(]

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 8:31:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 8:32:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Aviator - someone says gold - he's here!
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 8:36:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I prefer to think of it as AU  [:D]

[img]http://www.kitconet.com/charts/metals/gold/t24_au_en_usoz_6.gif[/img]

Link Posted: 6/6/2002 8:44:19 AM EDT
[#5]
I took it to a local gold hunter meeting..  That's where I got the $300.00 offer..   They said it was more valuable as a specimen than crushed and melted..
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 8:45:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Gee where did you find that [0:)]
View Quote

Would you believe, a "garage sale" ten years ago??
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 9:00:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gee where did you find that [0:)]
View Quote

Would you believe, a "garage sale" ten years ago??
View Quote

Nope
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 9:02:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I took it to a local gold hunter meeting..  That's where I got the $300.00 offer..   They said it was more valuable as a specimen than crushed and melted..
View Quote

That will depend on how much "free gold" is in it. Post a pic on Tom's site with a size and weight and someone will get you in the range.

EDITED TO ADD: You should make sure it IS gold BTW. Try smashing a chunk of the gold looking stuff with the end of a screwdriver or something. If it shatters its pyrite, if it flattens its gold.

Link Posted: 6/6/2002 10:40:09 AM EDT
[#9]
It's real...   The local gold diggers offered $300.00...    The guy who sold it didn't know what he had...   It was part od his dad's rock collection and the only one I bought..  Good Buy at $20.00..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top