Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2002 10:46:01 PM EDT
Rather than searching the vast reaches of the internet, I thought that I would take a short  cut to the fountain of knowlege (AR15.com). I have a 1999 Subaru Legacy and I think my clutch is starting to slip (70K miles). Are there any mechanics who can tell me how I can check the clutch for wear? I have quite a few tools and I'm fairly mechanically inclined. Can someone help me out?
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 11:14:05 PM EDT
[#1]
If it's slipping it's either needs replaced or adjusted if possible on that vehicle.
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 11:27:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 11:26:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies. Shadowblade, do you know how I can tell how much of the clutch is remaining? I know that it needs adjustment because there is very little play in the pedal. I'm most concerned about the amount of clutch I have left. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 11:31:38 AM EDT
[#4]
When you run out of adjustment you need a new clutch.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 11:38:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 11:50:47 AM EDT
[#6]
None the less if you are this unfamiliar with the mechanics of it, you will probably need a professional.  They will probably tell you need a new cluth rather than adjustment.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top