Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/5/2002 10:26:28 PM EDT
I was going through some Bible verses, and I came across this one, which is my new favorite:

"A prudent man foresees the difficulties ahead and prepares for them;  the simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences." - Proverbs 22:3

Prudent wisdom for the present times, wouldn't you say?  So the question becomes, are you prepared?
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 10:36:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I was going through some Bible verses, and I came across this one, which is my new favorite:

"A prudent man foresees the difficulties ahead and prepares for them;  the simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences." - Proverbs 22:3

Prudent wisdom for the present times, wouldn't you say?  So the question becomes, are you prepared?
View Quote

Ah, wisdom.

I especially enjoy the first four chapters of Proverbs.

Thanks for the reminder. Now I've got some re-reading to do.
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 10:41:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 11:52:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Nope.  I usually just run blindly into things.  I guess that makes me a simpleton.
View Quote

Shadowblade, I think you're missing the meaning of that quote.  It's not about planning every facet of one's life and running on a precise schedule, as that's not how I live my life either.  It's akin to the Boy Scout motto of "Be prepared," or the Coast Guard motto of "Semper Paratus" (always ready).  When you see storm clouds on the horizon that are heading your way, do you run off blindly towards them or do you hunker down for the oncoming storm and prepare in case it spawns a tornado or two?

Remember the Alamo, God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 1:41:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top