Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/5/2002 7:34:48 PM EDT
I've read the posts about...

...the raccoon massacre

...the Cav Arms motor home incident

...the incontinent turtle (I wonder if he ever got where he was going)

...the supersoaker midnight ride

...the sandwich skeet shoot

...the awesome photos of the "action"

...the return of McUzi

...the things that went right

...the things that went wrong

It certainly sounds like everyone there had a fantastic time, no matter how hot and humid it was.  Meeting the faces behind the screen names would definitely be an awesome experience.  It sounds like there were a lot of friendships made during this event.  

I just want to say  "thank you" to each and every one of you for sharing your experience with the rest of us on the board who were unable to attend.  I wish I could have been there!  [>(]

Link Posted: 6/5/2002 7:52:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 7:53:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Ditto!!!

I can't believe I missed it because they wouldn't give me the day off of work..AAARRGGGHHHHH. Oh well, live and learn. If I don't get the time off next year I'll just have to 'dial-a-day' and go anyway...
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 7:55:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I WILL make next years' BRC! Damn good folks here, and I want to meet some of 'em.
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 7:57:20 PM EDT
[#4]
It's actually lucky for me I didn't go.  If I went I would have missed my letter from the NYPD telling me to show up Sunday, June 2nd to start my paper work to enter the class tentatively slated for July 1st.
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 8:02:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It's actually lucky for me I didn't go.  If I went I would have missed my letter from the NYPD telling me to show up Sunday, June 2nd to start my paper work to enter the class tentatively slated for July 1st.
View Quote
Congratulations there, mister!
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 8:04:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Sweetie, my aged mind is a little foggy, but weren't you the one who rallied the troops to finish the donations for the Hero's Rifles?  If so, I REALLY wish you could have been there to cry with the rest of us.  The little ceremony was brief, but very touching.  [>(]

Either way, you missed a great, great three days.  Hopefully, if you start planning now, you can make next year's.  See/meet you there!  [:)]
View Quote

Yes, that's one item I failed to add to my list.  I would have loved to have seen that presentation, and to have met our guys who gave so much of themselves after 9/11.  Did anyone get pictures of the presentations and/or of the rifles?
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 8:05:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Cool! See you out on the streets when you graduate (Hopefully, you'll never need me in a professional manner)
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 8:08:54 PM EDT
[#8]
If anyone can somehow post transcripts from the Hero rifle presentation, I'd be most grateful. Please?

Link Posted: 6/6/2002 4:18:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Congratulations !!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top