Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/5/2002 5:01:17 PM EDT
I couldnt help but shake my head at the range yesterday. I was there sighting in my new BM upper when three young arab guys set up in the lane next to me with a 20" postban AR15 of some kind. They put out a large size bullseye target at 15yards and have at it. First guy fires 10rounds and may have hit the target twice. Second guy does alittle better atleast puting his rounds on/all over the paper. Third guy, well lets just say, it was the first time I've had to duck at the range. Most of his rounds hit the ceiling. Again this was at 15yards.

They then put the target at 30yards and one guy impresses himself by hittting the 10 ring once. The range employee came and put an end to the distruction soon after.

I could only think two things. One, I felt sorry for the AR15. Too bad it didnt end up in the hands of a responsable marksman. Secondly, if the arab terrorist shoot like that.. no worries. Except, if they hijack another jet.
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 5:03:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Where at in MI? I went to a range once and there were abunch of arabs and they had real similar results.

Keving67
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 5:09:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Double Action, Madison Hts
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 5:12:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought Arab terrorists preferred 7.62x39. Maybe the recoil buffer throws them off.
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 5:13:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Holy Shit!  Thats the one!
Keving67
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 5:15:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I thought Arab terrorists preferred 7.62x39. Maybe the recoil buffer throws them off.
View Quote

Awww you take out all the fun with technicalities!
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 5:18:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

Unfortunately for us, they prefer planes.
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 5:26:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 5:29:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 5:30:37 PM EDT
[#9]
they can't shoot a descent weapon they need some POS Ak that some monkey put together in the middle of the desert.
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 6:02:42 PM EDT
[#10]
The only problem is that it's kinda hard to miss a plane when shooting from the [i]inside[/i].z
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 6:12:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Holy Shit!  Thats the one!
Keving67
View Quote

LMAO
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 6:14:30 PM EDT
[#12]
I completely second that Maynard.

Not to mention they are expensive as hell!

Keving67
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 6:45:04 PM EDT
[#13]
This explains why middle eastern terrorists prefer [i]explosives[/i].
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 6:48:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Call Ashcroft or the local FBI office. Turn all those bastards in you can find. THERE ARE SLEEPER CELLS !
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 7:02:14 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm guessing they're used to AKs
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 7:13:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Unfortunately for us, they prefer planes.
View Quote

not to worry. one poorly trained air marshal is worth.. several hundred arab terrorists. long as the marshall has ammo and can drop them easy. if he doesnt die from the stench..

arr.. the quote is is fouled...
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 7:19:42 PM EDT
[#17]
well just look at how they shoot in The palistinian areas. Who needs sights as long as the mag doesn't run out just keep firing and firing without aiming till something falls down!
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 9:29:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Ref:sniper1az
Call Ashcroft or the local FBI office. Turn all those bastards in you can find. THERE ARE SLEEPER CELLS !  

The problem is in this area, around Detroit, we have ALOT of arabic people. Many of which have guns and CCW's for the gas/party stores they own in Detroit.

Its one reason I've been to the range alittle more lately and have a place up in Northern Michaign to bug out to.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 2:25:33 PM EDT
[#19]
What i dont understand is why Muslims/Arabs have such poor marksmanship skill. You'd thing that with all the wars in the middle east, that they would have at least rudimentary firearm handling capability. What did they do when all they had were Mosin-nagants, Hakims, and mausers?

lib
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 2:29:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The problem is in this area, around Detroit, we have ALOT of arabic people. Many of which have guns and CCW's for the gas/party stores they own in Detroit.

Its one reason I've been to the range alittle more lately and have a place up in Northern Michaign to bug out to.
View Quote

no kidding, i live in monroe, work in detroit, i get to dbl action quite a bit, i do my rifle shooting there since i can't shoot rifles at the range i frequent, me and a buddy are going to be there monday or tuesday, drop me an email.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 2:31:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

They would bear watching...   Shooting at 15 and 30 yards is a bit like aiming a plane...   Funny they didn't explore the real capabilities of the weapon, but maybe they have in mind a closeup target and need to know no more...
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 6:35:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
well just look at how they shoot in The palistinian areas. Who needs sights as long as the mag doesn't run out just keep firing and firing without aiming till something falls down!
View Quote

Depending on what they've been using. AKs aren't going to be too effective at the 300+ yard distances they've been having to deal with, and the IDF knows this. Thus Israeli M16s and M4s are rapidly replacing the AKs and an increasing number of them are current Israeli M16s with long-distance scopes on them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top