Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/5/2002 1:04:32 PM EDT
They usually have a big ad in shotgun news.Has anyone had a bad experiance with them? Thanks for any info you can provide.I think it strange that they told me 2 to 3 weeks on a order![):)]
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 7:43:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 7:52:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I ordered a walnut hanguard & a late-style barrel band for an M1 Carbine from them. Instead of a part number, I had to describe what I wanted, and how much the stated price was, which I thought was a little strange, but what the hell. The person I talked to told me it would take around 3 weeks for my order to arrive, but it only took 1. Items were as described, and very well packaged. A few years ago (just remembered), I ordered a P1907 bayonet for an SMLE. Same thing; not problem at all. I'll be ordering from them again.
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 8:20:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I ordered what was advertised as a like new G.I. M-1 Garand barrel. What I got was an after market M-1 Garand barrel, blued, no muzzle crown and no markings what so ever. I sent it back  without any hassle I have ordered other items from Sarco and they have been what was advertised or close enough
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 1:51:05 AM EDT
[#4]
If the item I want is available somewhere else, I will go to the other supplier, because they really are a pain to deal with.  You place an order with them and give them your credit card info and then you wait to see if the stuff ever shows up.  If you call to inquire about the status of an order, they'll ask you if the charge has shown up on your credit card. If it hasn't, that means that it hasn't shipped and if it's been more than 3 weeks, that means they were out of the item.  This to me is a crazyass way to run a business.

The only time I call them any more is if they've got something I need that no one else has, and then I feel like it's a crapshoot.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 12:17:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the input guys![):)]
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 12:28:09 PM EDT
[#6]
i ordered parts from them and will never do it again.they did not send all the parts and some of what was supposed to be new stuff was junk.i had one ar-15 hammer that was bent to the left it wouldn't work.when i called them they were rude and did not want to replace the parts.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 1:32:31 PM EDT
[#7]
While they are slow, they seem to eventually get your stuff to you.  A few guys on 1919a4.com bought 1919 kits and they take a few weeks to showup, but they say the parts are almost new.  I just placed an order today for some 308 links.  Probably get them next week or the week after or ...  [;)]
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 2:25:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I ordered a 1911A1 parts set from them, $160 for everything except the frame.  Besides the sear being on back-order (they shipped the rest of the kit for me and sent the sear like a month later), and the ejector being crappy, I didnt have any problems with it.  I would definitely buy from them again.  

The problem with their ordering system is that when you are placing your order over the phone, they are writing it down on paper, then that paper gets sent to a typing pool to be put into the computer for shipping.  Sometimes, the typing pool gets backed up and it can take a few days for the typists to get to your order.  I have no idea how the computer ordering works, maybe that goes right into the computer or maybe it doesnt, you'd have to ask.

Kharn
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top