Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/5/2002 10:56:44 AM EDT
Tomorrow I'm off to Ontario for 6 days. Me and some buds are going after that king of all fresh water game fish the Pickerel or as we call them in the states the Walleye. It's a fly in trip and we've got the only cabin on the lake. Woo Hoo! I can't wait for that first fish on! Beers, shore lunch, more beers. If you've never done a fly in fishing trip I highly recommend it.
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 11:01:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 11:10:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'm guessing you have been here before as you speak the language
View Quote

Do you mean "Pickeral' or "Beers, shore lunch and more beers"? [whacko]
We've tried to make it an annual trip for the last 8 years give or take a couple when we just couldn't make it. We're flying out of a place called Ranger Lake just north of Sault Ste. Marie. Our best trips have been out of Nakina up to the Albany River. We always fly in, it's the only way to really get into the bush.
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 11:19:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Good Luck!  I used to love fishing until the DNR let all the developers fill a lot of the wetlands in my area......and Northern Pike and Bass production went in the toilet in our watershed.
Have a cold one for me, and again Good Luck!
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 11:31:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like fun...  If you are into partridge (grouse)hunting I've done some around the Ranger Lake area with great success (about 14 years ago).

The Detroit Free Press just ran an article a month or so ago that stated true pickerel are actually unrelated to walleye and are in actuality a cousin of the pike.  They showed pictures that seemed to support this as true.  Until then I had thought pickerel = walleye.  Now I'm so confused!!!???

A fellow I do business with, highly recommends Watsons , Pine Portage and Kaby Lodge.  I've got the brochure on my desk and the place looks as good as the fellow describes it.  It's on Kabinakagami Lake north of Wawa www.fishthefinest.com or 1-800-363-4443. (I wonder if I get a commission for any sales this generates?)

Have fun, stay dry, and try to keep most of your blood to yourself.

Kent
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top