Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2002 10:15:17 AM EDT
Running Win98.  Need to figure out if I am holding any temp files or history anyplace else beside what the system tools clear.

TIA
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 10:28:28 AM EDT
[#1]
do a search for *.tmp.  Delete all said files.  There goes all of your temporary files.  
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 12:14:08 PM EDT
[#2]

If you would like a good 'cleansing', do a search in your fav search engine for 'tweak iu'. After you install it, open it(it will show up in your control panel) and select the 'Paranoia' tab. Check all the items you would like to clear. You will also need to clear your Internet Explorer cache(tools, options in IE). You can set it to clear every time you close the prog.

Hope this helps.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 12:51:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

If you would like a good 'cleansing', do a search in your fav search engine for 'tweak iu'.
View Quote

And if you can't find anything that way, you might want to try looking for "TweakUI", the actual name of the program. I agree with BtB though. (If you still can't find, I think I have this freeware tool from Microsoft on some CD or other and could e-mail it to you.
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 1:57:16 PM EDT
[#4]
TweakUI:

[url]http://www.microsoft.com/ntworkstation/downloads/PowerToys/Networking/NTTweakUI.asp[/url]
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 2:12:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I SHOULD let this slide, REALLY, but I don't have the handle 'ByteMyTongue'. I have been 'corrected' too much, else where, this week and it is only Wednesday.

I was not referring to the name of the executable to install the program, I was referring to the program itself. I always try to 'keep it simple' for the non-computer geeks AND the right download link was the first link on Google.

A picture is worth a thousand words.
[img]http://donnyb.home.mindspring.com/ar15/tweak%20ui.jpg[/img]

Valkrie: I hope our advice solves your issue. Feel free to contact me if you need additional help.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top