Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2002 7:51:16 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 8:48:01 AM EDT
[#1]
It sounds like a good idea, but really, how long before somebody exploits a "hole" in this new OS?  I agree that these guys are approaching the problem from a different angle than most, and I hope that they succeed.

As for me, I'll stick with PGP for the time being.  The feds are going to waste a hell of a lot of time decrypting my email.  Think of the national security implications of me asking my brother (through encrypted email) how his daughter is doing in math class. [}:)]

F*** 'em, if they want to waste their time and my money to gather that kind of "intel".
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 10:15:28 AM EDT
[#2]
If there's a hole, then they'll fix it in the next release.  That's how these projects go.  Lots of thought put into the design, lots of verification, and lots of testing;  repeat forever.

However, considering how little information is given on their website, not to mention their distrust of all current protocols, I'm not so sure that they're for real.  Their beta release was supposed to have been finished almost a year ago, but there aren't any indications of it (no "download" page), and this also leads me to believe that they haven't updated their website in at least a year either.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top