Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/5/2002 6:23:50 AM EDT
I was just reading a post in the Colt forum about how Colt has seemed to ignore retail consumers and concentrate on more profitable Government contracts.  It got me thinking;  what is the size of the retail AR15 market?  How many are sold in the US each year?  I'm guessing it's rather small.  Is BM the largest retail AR seller?  A friend recently bought some stock in Sturm Ruger & Co. I thought he was nuts to buy stock in any gun company as the market seems so fragmented and small and profitability was always iffy.
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 6:39:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Not only your friend should buy stock in gun company, he should buy stock in ammo company as well.....Guns need ammo to shoot right?

It's the laws of the land that prevented the gun company from making profit....One day if these laws are reversed, then there will be a huge profit to be made.
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 6:50:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 6:52:03 AM EDT
[#3]
This should answer most of your questions: [url]http://www.bushmaster.com/documents/news/number1.asp[/url]

By way of comparison, Remington, Winchester, Ruger and Marlin together produce about 1,000,000 rifles per year.
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 7:20:22 AM EDT
[#4]
HHMMMMMMM   About  95,000 per year(2000)
more that I thought.   But still not very many.
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 7:26:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Bushie sold 39,932 in 2000, vs. Colt's 29,950.

These are for commercial, retail sale to AMericans.  IIRC Colt is still the largest *producer* of AR style rifles, given all the military and foreign sales around the world.

Anybody have any numbers for *total* sales?
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 8:00:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Where can I buy stock in "private, in state sales of felonius firearms"?

NYSE symbol....

PISSOFF

I think I'm gonna be rich...

again

edited, once again, fer stupidity..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top