Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/17/2011 1:42:22 AM EDT
all i will say is I'm moving out to my shed, cause a crazy woman is living in my house all i said was "good morning honey and got "MAKE YOUR OWN DAMN EGGS!" so how long does this last? cause I'm on the crazy train
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 1:44:03 AM EDT
[#1]
It was always there. She just managed to hide it till the hormones took over.

Seriously dude, I think mine's just about to start menopause.
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 1:46:54 AM EDT
[#2]
When she says that while making eggs and has a meat cleaver in her hands just walk away and say "as you wish".
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 1:49:13 AM EDT
[#3]

Some?

Link Posted: 8/17/2011 1:54:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Maybe you've been a raging asshole all these years and now she has a severe case of "IDontGiveAFuckItis"
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 1:56:54 AM EDT
[#5]
I think I read an article where women are quite unpredictable and dangerous  from 13 to 75 years of age.  I do believe the threat level is equivalent to having a Honey badger with a sore tooth in your AO.
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 2:30:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Mine's been like that for over 25  years, how will I know when it starts?
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 2:35:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Menopause is the excuse to show you how they really feel. And had you been nicer all those years she would feel nicer now.
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 2:41:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Maybe you've been a raging asshole all these years and now she has a severe case of "IDontGiveAFuckItis"

Link Posted: 8/17/2011 2:44:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Damn if I know.  Mine started about a year ago.  Not crazy or anything, just hot flashes and such.  I think I got lucky.
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 2:47:12 AM EDT
[#10]
The concentrated evil level is even more elevated.
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 2:49:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Hormones man.
My wife is getting pretty close but truth be told shes really pretty good (PMS wise..)
My 17 yr old daughter on the other hand.....lets just say I'm glad the gun safe is in the basement.
Boy do I feel bad for the poor bastard that marries her....
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 3:18:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Mine is in denial, and bordering on total chaos.
Seriously, it's tough to not just leave, but I'm hanging in there.
Women know this comes, women know it causes problems
in their mental health, to use it as a reason to be a plain bitch
is wrong. They wouldn't put up with it if we treated them
the way they treat us during "the change". We are supposed to understand
and take it on the chin, but damn, there has to be a break. Because of this
I have an aversioin to apples.
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 3:25:18 AM EDT
[#13]
The waters are dangerous during shark week....
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 4:06:19 AM EDT
[#14]
It's not shark week... menopause takes YEARS for them wimmenz to get through...

And those hormones going out of control make them crazy.

Remember, they're suffering it just as badly if not more than you're seeing.

Be compassionate.

Be understanding.

Be invisible.
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 4:09:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Menopause - when Pre Menstrual Syndrome becomes Permanent Menstrual Syndrome

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 4:10:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Wait..

You were serious?

Link Posted: 8/17/2011 4:12:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Buy more bourbon.
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 4:12:23 AM EDT
[#18]
I believe it was PJ who said something similar to "Men's hormones give them an unceasing urge to screw every woman they can get their hands on, yet their significant others demand control and even temper.  Men should demand the same."  Knowing PJ though, it was probably worded quite a bit more eloquently.
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 4:13:23 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Be compassionate.

Be understanding.

Be invisible.
FACT!!!

Link Posted: 8/17/2011 4:14:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Seriously.  How can you even deal with the crazy?  All rational thought is thrown out the window.  You carry on with your SOP and you get yelled at.  Then you change things and do what they said and you get yelled at.  They also say things just to piss you off but you can't say anything back or they will explode on you.  I just don't understand it and I'm afraid I never will.
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 4:21:02 AM EDT
[#21]
It's not just through menopause, they are crazy the rest of the time too.

Link Posted: 8/17/2011 4:29:05 AM EDT
[#22]
I've also found, women in general, don't know how to let go of things.  Because they keep all of this emotion/anger bottled up it has to come out somehow.  You will not know what this small little might cause a big explosion, but it will need to explode.  I find letting them yell, scream, and cry once a month keeps the rest of the time better.  It's during PMS that it's the easiest to set off due to their hormone levels and they have an excuse (because it's never their fault).  The hard part is finding a women who accepts this and calms down after the argument versus the ones who just keep going and going and going.  Post-partum seems to be the same thing just that they need to blow off steam once a day.  Haven't dealt with menapause yet so good luck there and send an after action report so the rest of us can benifit.
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 4:29:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Menopause is a Bitch!
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 4:30:22 AM EDT
[#24]
why do some women go crazy during menopause?

Because we love you guys, and want you to be happy.  And we know nothing makes a man happier than bitching to their buddies about their wife/girlfriend.

Jane

Quoted:
I believe it was PJ who said something similar to "Men's hormones give them an unceasing urge to screw every woman they can get their hands on, yet their significant others demand control and even temper.  Men should demand the same."  Knowing PJ though, it was probably worded quite a bit more eloquently.

Yeah, this part is also true.

Actually, my ex-husband said essentially that to me when I was indulging myself in a bout of hormonally driven ill-temper.  He was right and I never forgot it.

Jane
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 4:30:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Take off the "during menopause" part and ask again...
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 4:38:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Hormones, brother, that's serious shit to go haywire for women....and men who have hormone issues do stupid shit too.

Sympathy, have some.
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 4:39:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Wait until you get old enough to have your wife say "turn the air conditioner on"  (DURING JANUARY!!).
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 4:45:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Menopause is exactly why I will never marry again. I have a long-time girlfriend (20 Years), who I dearly love, but if she starts any of that crap I will call it quits right away -and I won't have to buy back half my house again.   I put up with a wife that had surgical menopause before age 30 and I will never put up with that shit again!
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 4:48:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Like it or not, hormones control our emotions and our personalities.  

So when hormones get screwed up you've got a problem.

Biology is wonderful.
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 4:54:56 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
all i will say is I'm moving out to my shed, cause a crazy woman is living in my house all i said was "good morning honey and got "MAKE YOUR OWN DAMN EGGS!" so how long does this last? cause I'm on the crazy train

Sorry to hear it.

My wife is going through it right now.  She finally is taking meds after almost 12 months struggling through depression.  She tried natural remedies but it did not help.  So went to anti-depressant route.  She is much better (happier)

Link Posted: 8/17/2011 5:03:02 AM EDT
[#31]
Women don't go crazy during menopause.

Menopause simply exacerbates the crazy that was already there,,,
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 5:06:17 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Women don't go crazy during menopause.

Menopause simply exacerbates the crazy that was already there,,,

Link Posted: 8/17/2011 5:10:38 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 5:13:28 AM EDT
[#34]
I have three separate responses typed out and erased them all, so I will just say good luck gene5.
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 5:19:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Hormones.  Do not fuck with them or her until they calm down.
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 5:30:42 AM EDT
[#36]
hormones

Link Posted: 8/17/2011 5:51:03 AM EDT
[#37]
The consensus around here is you might as well kill her, do your time, get out and go on with your life.
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 5:53:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Be compassionate.

Be understanding.

Be invisible

Ninja training does come in handy, doesn't it?
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 6:02:01 AM EDT
[#39]
My advice is to get a hobby or two that gets your out of the house. In addition a good quality pair of headphones ends the bitching and moaning; of course you'll only infuriate her even more, but you'll only have to deal with her now using four of your five senses. Lastly, you have lost control of the thermostat; deal with it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 6:03:45 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Buy more bourbon.

This!  Definitely THIS!
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 6:07:26 AM EDT
[#41]
When I was still living at home during high school my mom hit full blown menopause and refused to take hormones because of something she read in Reader's Digest.  

It was hell, she turned into a much different, much crazier person.  It wasn't just emotional, she mostly lost her mind.  It was nothing to come home to see her reheating 3 week old left overs that she swore were just from the other day or for her to have a hot flash, turn on the AC and blame us for screwing with the thermostat.  It was like dealing with someone with early Alzheimer's with the worst PMS imaginable.

Eventually we convinced her to slap on a hormone therapy patch and everything went back to normal except for the occasional hot flash.  We even gave her pistol and ammunition back to her.

The one good thing that came out of it is that when my wife has PMS fits it is just a walk in the park.
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 6:07:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 6:18:23 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Mine is in denial, and bordering on total chaos.
Seriously, it's tough to not just leave, but I'm hanging in there.
Women know this comes, women know it causes problems
in their mental health, to use it as a reason to be a plain bitch
is wrong. They wouldn't put up with it if we treated them
the way they treat us during "the change". We are supposed to understand
and take it on the chin, but damn, there has to be a break. Because of this
I have an aversioin to apples.

Apples... que?

Link Posted: 8/17/2011 6:19:09 AM EDT
[#44]
why do some women go crazy during menopause?

Well, for starters, they're women...
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 6:23:14 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Hormones.  Do not fuck with them or her until they calm down.

Fuck that.  Man up and control yourself.  It's not very "feminist" to go around using being a woman as an excuse, is it?  

Link Posted: 8/17/2011 6:26:33 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Hormones, brother, that's serious shit to go haywire for women....and men who have hormone issues do stupid shit too.

Sympathy, have some.

Truth.

Swingset, you are often the voice of reason (or insanity, depending on how you word your post) in relationship threads.  

I want to pose a serious question.

What's the difference between a hormone and an enzyme?

I'll wait for your answer.  It's been a long night.   I need a shower, a meal, and a good day's sleep.  I may not get back here before you answer.
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 6:36:42 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/17/2011 6:41:19 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know.....that was pretty funny also.
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 6:43:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know.....that was pretty funny also.

Yeah it was
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 6:55:20 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I think I read an article where women are quite unpredictable and dangerous  from 13 to 75 years of age.  I do believe the threat level is equivalent to having a Honey badger with a sore tooth in your AO.

I do believe this is the correct answer.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top