Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2002 11:23:55 AM EDT
In the latest issue there is a column titled "American Sniper in Israel".  Very interesting, basically a diary of daily terrorist attacks and such.   Anyway, there was one part where he mentioned some sniper training/drills and they were using the AR10.
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 12:45:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw that article, wish I had an ar-10T [:(]
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 1:25:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Some people make fun of SOF (I think the title gives people the heebie geebies), but I think it's a great mag. If you go back pre Sept 11th they covered Usama Bin Laden alot and spoke of the threat that he was. The gun coverage is very good too.

Can somebody sponsor a subscription to SOF for me? I'll wash your car. Sucks being poor. I'm married, nuff said.
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 1:27:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
In the latest issue there is a column titled "American Sniper in Israel".  Very interesting, basically a diary of daily terrorist attacks and such.   Anyway, there was one part where he mentioned some sniper training/drills and they were using the AR10.
View Quote

I saw that article too, love that SOF, but I seemed to have mis-lied that issue. For me personally, I wish we could legally buy an AR10. Here in PRK, it was banned, along with the >10 round mags by SB23. To me it would make perfect sense to have a semi-auto as a sniper rifle, because you may have to engage multiple targets in a very short time.
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 1:44:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Is this article like the recent one where they CENSORED every Israeli soldier's face? That issue showed SEVERAL U.S. Marines (on the ground in Afghaniland) clearly and easy to identify....

Scott

Link Posted: 6/4/2002 2:32:40 PM EDT
[#5]
The Israelis are using the AR-10 and the SR-25 for semi snipers.
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 3:02:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 3:06:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Is this article like the recent one where they CENSORED every Israeli soldier's face? That issue showed SEVERAL U.S. Marines (on the ground in Afghaniland) clearly and easy to identify....

Scott

View Quote

Heh, yep.  Although, I can see why - for the Israelis, a psycho neighbor could recognize them and cause some, well, trouble. As for the Marines, I don't think the Talibums will be saying to each other while being fired upon by Marines "Hey, is that the dude that's on the cover of SOF?" [:)]

Link Posted: 6/4/2002 4:06:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Some people make fun of SOF (I think the title gives people the heebie geebies), but I think it's a great mag. If you go back pre Sept 11th they covered Usama Bin Laden alot and spoke of the threat that he was. The gun coverage is very good too.

Can somebody sponsor a subscription to SOF for me? I'll wash your car. Sucks being poor. I'm married, nuff said.
View Quote

You know, I had forgotten all about that. Now that I think about it, those guys used up a lot of ink on OBL, but I never got the connection. The general news media usually pick it up months later, such as Waco, Rubyridge etc. of course after it has become old news, at least to us SOF readers.
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 4:12:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Back in the early 80s I was a regular reader. Haven't read it in awhile, but it always seemed to be a good source of info . . .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top