Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2011 12:56:03 PM EDT
Under a photo caption: President Obama leaves the Oval Office on Saturday on his way to play golf at Andrews Air Force Base. (Jacquelyn Martin / Associated Press).

President Obama's summer woes have dragged his approval rating to an all-time low, sinking below 40% for the first time in Gallup's daily tracking poll. New data posted Sunday shows that 39% of Americans approve of Obama's job performance, while 54% disapprove. Both are the worst numbers of his presidency.

We're gonna continue to see stuff like this as it gets closer to elections. I don't see how after all the spending, borrowing, downgrade in credit and the unemployment, how he's going to pull himself out of the hole he's dug himself into. My "hope and change" wish is that this is like when carter got ousted. Doubt we'll see another Reagan but that would be nice.

Who today could fulfill a repeat of that history?

Link Posted: 8/14/2011 1:16:12 PM EDT
[#1]
pmag says you're wrong
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 1:19:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Hard to see how even an epic level of media dick sucking is going to turn that around, but by God they are going to try.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 1:21:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
pmag says you're wrong

Are you saying Obama will be re-elected ?

If so I'll take that bet, and add you to the other bets I've logged through IM exchanges.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 1:22:37 PM EDT
[#4]
A billion dollars to blow; MSM completely in his pocket; Soros; ACORN-renamed; Secretary of States Project; plus the less-than-Reagan GOP candidates.......

It ain't going to be a cakewalk.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 1:23:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
pmag says you're wrong

If so I'll take that bet, and add you to the other bets I've logged through IM exchanges.

YES 583 I've been waiting for you to find me, you wanted this action awhile ago but I couldn't find the thread.  mark it down
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 1:23:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
pmag says you're wrong

You called it wrong this time, champ. Obama is "one and done".

Link Posted: 8/14/2011 1:24:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

A billion dollars to blow; MSM completely in his pocket; Soros; ACORN-renamed; Secretary of States Project; plus the less-than-Reagan GOP candidates.......

This
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 1:25:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
pmag says you're wrong

pmag?
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 1:25:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yeah that is a serious problem, but methinks one is going to come from somewhere.

Link Posted: 8/14/2011 1:28:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
pmag says you're wrong

pmag?

I would take your bet, but since you would stand to gain a pmag by Obama winning, I won't.

It's going to be tight, and I don't want to have you campaigning for Il Douche.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 1:28:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Team Obama has committed to an epic smear campaign. They know it's their only option..

Link Posted: 8/14/2011 1:28:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
pmag says you're wrong

YES 583 I've been waiting for you to find me, you wanted this action awhile ago but I couldn't find the thread.  mark it down

Check your IM box.

I see you got it.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 1:30:39 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Team Obama has committed to an epic smear campaign. They know it's their only option..

The mud is going fly, no doubt.

Link Posted: 8/14/2011 1:31:34 PM EDT
[#14]

my brother was in the group golfing behind obama at andrews yesterday, they had to stay pretty far back though

honest to god
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 1:31:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
pmag says you're wrong

pmag?

I would take your bet, but since you would stand to gain a pmag by Obama winning, I won't.

It's going to be tight, and I don't want to have you campaigning for Il Douche.

Nay, this is like me betting the steelers to win the Super Bowl.  I will gladly payout for them to lose.  but if they do win  at least I win some money.  Believe me I wouldn't be sad for a second to mail out these pmags
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 1:32:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

This, coupled with the fact he probably has plenty of stimulus money tucked away in his stash just to break out for the "folks" prior to the election...you know.  To stimulate
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 1:35:35 PM EDT
[#17]
October surprise ––- Osama corpse picture.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 1:39:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
October surprise ––- Osama corpse picture.

Ya think?!  First it was him holding out on the b-cert then that!

Link Posted: 8/14/2011 1:40:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Never underestimate the stupidity of the electorate.

When it comes down to it, people will not give up their handouts.

Republicans will cave, knowing that they can't beat the Dems in the handout department.  
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 1:42:29 PM EDT
[#20]
I believe that federal vacation days are use it or lose it. Hence he is burning his vacation and sick days as well as his comp days before he gets the boot in January!
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 1:43:54 PM EDT
[#21]
I wish we could be done with him faster.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 1:44:52 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm certainly not going to vote for Obama.  
But forget about Obama for a minute and focus on the Republicans.  
It's up to the Republicans to beat Obama.  I'm not certain the Republicans are up to the challenge.

Where's a Republican plan to fix this country's problems?  I haven't seen one yet.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 1:45:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It's up to the Republicans to beat Obama.  I'm not certain the Republicans are up to the challenge.

Where's a Republican plan to fix this country's problems?  I haven't seen one yet.

Are you lubed up?  Cause here it comes.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 1:47:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Without a doubt, the GOP will absolutely fuck it up.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 1:49:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Obviously, if Obama is a one term president, it is because the USA is too racist to have a black president.

Link Posted: 8/14/2011 1:49:48 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

If Perry gets the Rep nomination his team is just as crafty

It's not getting re-elected that worries me it's the fact he will have fucked up this country almost beyond repair before the elections.

Link Posted: 8/14/2011 1:50:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah that is a serious problem, but methinks one is going to come from somewhere.

John Bolton?
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 2:09:46 PM EDT
[#28]
It really depends who wins the GOP nomination.

As we saw last time, that didn't go so well.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 2:10:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

He cant run on anything else
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 2:11:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
It really depends who wins the GOP nomination.

As we saw last time, that didn't go so well.

The MSM purposely supported McCain, knowing what a fuck-up he was and pretty much ensuring Obongo the win.  Romney was just as fucking poor a choice then, as now; he'd have lost too.  It's no wonder why he's the Left's perfect choice - fucking the GOP nomination up is about their only chance at a win this time around.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 2:20:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Well, I'd say that depends on whether a moderately formidable GOP candidate emerges over the next few months.  If one does, though, I can tell you what I'd do if I were in Obama's shoes: I'd pull an LBJ.  Why run the risk of capping my 'historic' presidency with a campaign defeat?  I'd yank the troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan, fight back against entitlement spending cuts, and cast myself as the resolute, heroic idealist who had the balls, despite the great political sacrifice, to make the tough, correct calls on the economy, the war, and most significantly, healthcare.

Sure, there may be folks who'll say otherwise, and sure, the Democrats might go down in defeat in '12, but so what?  The American people never repudiated me personally and I'll get to raking in money on the lecture circuit.  Who knows?  At best, there's been one president with non-consecutive terms; at worst I'd probably have a decent amount of influence in the Democratic party from then on as I continued to rake in the lecturer's fees.

I'm not saying this scenario is all that likely.  I'm just saying if I were him, I'd be giving some thought at least to the course above.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 2:23:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's not getting re-elected that worries me it's the fact he will have fucked up this country almost beyond repair before the elections.

Perry team what a joke he only could get 39% vote in the last election, I like Perry but he has no chance when all you can pull in is 39% in your own state
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 2:40:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Dems wouldn't let an R plan go forward, if they di, and it was successful, the Dems and 0 would take credit for it. I say they have no incentive politically to help the Dems turn this economy around. All the credit would be stolen, so my guess is they plan to let them fall on their collective faces for all the voters to see.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 2:47:59 PM EDT
[#34]
He will buy the election again with his $1B in donations.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 3:44:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
He will buy the election again with his $1B in donations.

I'm not convinced he'll get it. I know they think they will, but:
-He's lost support amongst most of the people who got him elected
-The media is no longer blowing him. Granted it gives him a pass a whole lot, no doubt- but it was flat out blowing him pre- 08
-Bush hate is not the flavor of the week anymore
-His promises have not panned out, he has to run on his record now. He was a "professor", a "Genius". He was going to get europe to like us again. He was going to heal the planet.
-The excitement isn't there, and he's no longer the "Dynamic and electric" person he was. People aren't literally fainting watching this guy speak like they were.

He's gone from untouchable messiah, to a rank and file leftist democrat. The task of beating him has gone from impossible to difficult but doable.

Keep in mind- regardless of how things are now? In 2008 we were told this was a left wing mandate. We were told the republicans were lost in the woods for a generation; 20 years of liberal rules, the republicans stuck in small pockets of the south. It signified a shift.  
Ya, know what happened? 2009, Ted Kennedy's seat in massachussetts went republican, NJ put a republican governor in the NJ statehouse, and Virginia went republican.
In 2010 the dems got their pee-pees smacked by big loses in the house, and not only were blue dog democrats mostly wiped out, they were replaced with more serious fiscal conservatives. If i remember right, the LA times called the worst case scenario, a loss of like 35 seats. Ha. These people are ignoring the writing on the wall  everywhere they can.

This is far from over.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 4:01:13 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Perry team what a joke he only could get 39% vote in the last election, I like Perry but he has no chance when all you can pull in is 39% in your own state
 http://elections.msnbc.msn.com/ns/politics/2010/texas/governor/

Link Posted: 8/14/2011 4:44:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://elections.msnbc.msn.com/ns/politics/2010/texas/governor/

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top