Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2002 9:01:46 AM EDT
[url]http://www.frontpagemag.com/columnists/metaksa/2002/metaksa06-04-02.htm[/url]

In a country that according to ABCnews.com "few think new laws would substantially reduce violent crime, or would be more effective than better enforcement of current laws," the Brady bunch is trying to bring back the halcyon days when Clinton bashed the NRA. Yet, even one of their strongest champions, [b]Senator Chuck Schumer stated in a May 8 press release "the broad principle that there is an individual right to keep and bear arms is shared by many Americans, including myself."[/b] Even Schumer agrees that the gun control issue is a loser for many of his fellow Democrats and is backing off "strong" support for gun control. He understands what it takes to remain in the majority in the U.S. Senate.
View Quote

Why is it a politician can lie to your face and nobody gets him on it?  Yeah, Schumer is pro-2nd Amendment...[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 9:08:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I was kinda hoping they would keep pressing their agenda really hard.  Especially after Sept 11, they might have had a loser issue on their hands.

Darn.
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 9:12:23 AM EDT
[#2]
The reason politcians don't want you to have guns is, they all know they really outta be shot.
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 9:17:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The reason politcians don't want you to have guns is, they all know they really outta be shot.
View Quote

Exactly, like when Pereta applied for concealed carry in CA, where I hear it is next to impossible for a regular person to get a permit.  He stated he was afraid for his life because he had supported "reasonable" gun control.  Clear example of [s]the ruling class[/s]politicians wanting weapons to defend themselves while they disarm the masses.

[:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!]
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 10:11:27 AM EDT
[#4]
they can say anything that they want. i won't hear it until they begin repealing the gun-ban and anti-gun laws and restore the 2nd - the way it was intended - to the law of the land.

edited to add:
no citizen will be free until the batf is disbanded.
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 10:31:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I was kinda hoping they would keep pressing their agenda really hard.  Especially after Sept 11, they might have had a loser issue on their hands.

Darn.
View Quote

Don't worry! These people are not dead by any means. The Brady Bunch will be back to their usual/normal selves in about 10 years or so, after the 9/11 WTC/Pentagon attack has faded into the memeory of the masses; or when a new Democratic administration takes office. In the pass few months they have been trying to advance their anti-gun agenda, but got 100% rebuffed by a lot of people who are normally anti-gun, and then the news media. So now is not the right time. Lets see what they sat when the '94 AW ban sunsets. I bet they will be at the forefront calling for renewal of the ban all with the rest of their minions.
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 10:53:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Darn.
View Quote

I had the same hope.

A few months back, Clinton calmly and factually analyzed why he thought the Dimocrats lost the election.  He bluntly stated that the gun control issue had cost them Arkansas and Tennessee and losing those states had cost them the election.

I began to worry then.
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 10:58:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Why is it a politician can lie to your face and nobody gets him on it?  
View Quote

Because that's what we expect, regardless of the party. Also, because it works for them. I believe it is next to impossible for an honest politician to get elected. You have to suck up to too many factions.

Link Posted: 6/4/2002 11:25:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why is it a politician can lie to your face and nobody gets him on it?  
View Quote

Because that's what we expect, regardless of the party. Also, because it works for them. I believe it is next to impossible for an honest politician to get elected. You have to suck up to too many factions.

View Quote

I think there are quite a few honest politicians that get elected, at least at local levels. They just don't stay that way very long.
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 12:04:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
[url]http://www.frontpagemag.com/columnists/metaksa/2002/metaksa06-04-02.htm[/url]

In a country that according to ABCnews.com "few think new laws would substantially reduce violent crime, or would be more effective than better enforcement of current laws," the Brady bunch is trying to bring back the halcyon days when Clinton bashed the NRA. Yet, even one of their strongest champions, [b]Senator Chuck Schumer stated in a May 8 press release "the broad principle that there is an individual right to keep and bear arms is shared by many Americans, including myself."[/b] Even Schumer agrees that the gun control issue is a loser for many of his fellow Democrats and is backing off "strong" support for gun control. He understands what it takes to remain in the majority in the U.S. Senate.
View Quote

Why is it a politician can lie to your face and nobody gets him on it?  Yeah, Schumer is pro-2nd Amendment...[rolleyes]
View Quote

John LeCarre had a good line (and, perhaps he got it from someone else, I don't know) in "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy."  One of the characters said that "Insanity is the ability to hold two diametrically opposed viewpoints and still be able to function."
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 11:42:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Even Schumer agrees that the gun control issue is a loser for many of his fellow Democrats and is backing off "strong" support for gun control.
View Quote

So, in essence what he's saying is he never was really interested in saving lives, only taking a stand for issues he thinks will get him the most votes.
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 12:19:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Darn.
View Quote

I had the same hope.

A few months back, Clinton calmly and factually analyzed why he thought the Dimocrats lost the election.  He bluntly stated that the gun control issue had cost them Arkansas and Tennessee and losing those states had cost them the election.

I began to worry then.
View Quote

When the Democrats lost control of both the House & Senate in '94. The talking heads Dan Blather & company couldn't believe their 2am eyes. Even back then Bill Clinton blame the gun lobby, and they still haven't learn, which is good for us.
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 7:44:23 AM EDT
[#12]
This is both a good and a bad thing.  It's good that they understand that at the national/federal level they are in a losing position.  Unfortunately, the downside to that is they are now working at the city/state level.  This requires much more vigilence on our part to stay abreast of their tactics.  They're mostly concerned with shall-issue concealed carry in those states that still don't have it.

Fortunately, the other upside to this is that there may not be any movement to restore the 94 AW ban.  If those Al Queda sons of bitches pull off another attack on US soil, which I highly doubt they will given the shitstorm on capitol hill that would cause, there would be no more support for gun control, as even the most anti-gun person understands that when you're in the crosshairs of a madman, only the ability to fight back can save you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top