Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2011 7:38:48 AM EDT
http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2011-07-11/story/beaten-raped-jacksonville-woman-83-gave-attackers-details-dying
A dying 83-year-old Jacksonville woman gave her daughter a brief description of the man who raped and beat her after breaking into her home Saturday, Jacksonville police said today.

Christopher Lemar Johnson, 20, is charged in the slaying of Emma Jean Beasley, police said. Johnson was arrested Monday. Police arrested him based on witness identifications - though not the victim's - and fingerprints found at the scene, an arrest report said.

"They [investigators] did a super, super job," said Geneva Griffin, the mother of Beasley's son-in-law, Danny Griffin. "Thank God."

Johnson's family expressed disbelief in the charges after he appeared in court Tuesday morning. Geneva Griffin's response: "We'll let the law take care of that."

Johnson, of the 7200 block of Colonial Creek Court, is charged with murder, armed sexual battery, armed robbery and burglary with an assault. He is being held without bail.

Court records show Johnson has prior arrests for trespassing, criminal mischief and defrauding an innkeeper. His arrest report lists him as unemployed and a former student at First Coast High.

Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2011-07-11/story/beaten-raped-jacksonville-woman-83-gave-attackers-details-dying#ixzz1UvKnZvIH
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 7:44:38 AM EDT
[#1]
His punishment should best be described as "Medieval".  Think "Tower of London" quality pain...  
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 7:46:05 AM EDT
[#2]
My baby din' do nuffin'.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 7:46:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm so thankful that we moved out of the city and into the country.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 8:01:49 AM EDT
[#4]
i moved to jacksonville 3 years ago from the pittsburgh area and i couldn't believe how effed up this city is. i do not and will not go anywhere without my .45. nearly any day of the week, you can go to jacksonville.com and read some effed up ish regarding the dumbasses that inhabit this city. don't get me wrong, i like living in jacksonville, but trust me don't go anywhere unless you are carrying some heat. people are getting shot and robbed in broad daylight in the arlington area just by answering their front door. and, don't even get me started about going to jacksonville beach on a sunday afternoon –– it's a breeding ground of thugs. i live 4 miles from the beach in a quiet subdivision and i feel pretty safe, except for the fact that everyone from the northside or westside has to drive by my road in order to cross the ditch to the beach. my wife was a lil hesitant about me carrying all of the time until she started to realize how bad this city can be.

www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1557747716262&set=t.579765280&type=1&theater per rules
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 8:03:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Hang that motherfucker until he dies.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 8:12:41 AM EDT
[#6]
J'ville is not what it used to be.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 8:20:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Its just one big ghetto now.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 8:24:54 AM EDT
[#8]
I graduated high school in Jacksonville in 1985 and it has apparently gotten worse since I left.  It is too bad as I like the city and used to ride my bicycle as a kid all over the place without any problems.  I guess that isn't the case anymore.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 8:24:55 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

i moved to jacksonville 3 years ago from the pittsburgh area and i couldn't believe how effed up this city is. i do not and will not go anywhere without my .45. nearly any day of the week, you can go to jacksonville.com and read some effed up ish regarding the dumbasses that inhabit this city. don't get me wrong, i like living in jacksonville, but trust me don't go anywhere unless you are carrying some heat. people are getting shot and robbed in broad daylight in the arlington area just by answering their front door. and, don't even get me started about going to jacksonville beach on a sunday afternoon –– it's a breeding ground of thugs. i live 4 miles from the beach in a quiet subdivision and i feel pretty safe, except for the fact that everyone from the northside or westside has to drive by my road in order to cross the ditch to the beach. my wife was a lil hesitant about me carrying all of the time until she started to realize how bad this city can be.
www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1557747716262&set=t.579765280&type=1&theater per rules

I've been here since 85'. It's "Social Justice", late 80's early 90's Clinton and Reno came in and said downtown was too black and sued the city to "diversify". Jacksonville was forced to tear down the HUD complexes and relocate the section 8's across town to "whiter" neighborhoods. The city didn't really have the money rebuild the housing units so they just built a couple new ones then forced all Apartment complexes to house section 8 in at least 10% of units. All this did was take down Arlington and a few other "used to be nice" neighborhoods. Some complexes said fuck that and went "Condo", privately owned apartments, but they are still far and few. Moral of the story, there really isn't anywhere left in Jacksonville that is really considered "nice". Even Mandarin is going down the shitter. Most people are moving out of the county into the newer neighborhoods in St Johns county down I-95 by the World Golf Village, everyone else is just fucked.

ETA, oh yeah.. Sunday at the Beach is "Reggae Sunday" at JamRock. The last time I went there accidentally on a Sunday night I thought I was going to get shot. I think it's sad that Jax Beach now has heavily armed what looks like SWAT team members walking up and down the boardwalk on the weekends.

Link Posted: 8/14/2011 7:58:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I've been here since 85'. It's "Social Justice", late 80's early 90's Clinton and Reno came in and said downtown was too black and sued the city to "diversify". Jacksonville was forced to tear down the HUD complexes and relocate the section 8's across town to "whiter" neighborhoods. The city didn't really have the money rebuild the housing units so they just built a couple new ones then forced all Apartment complexes to house section 8 in at least 10% of units. All this did was take down Arlington and a few other "used to be nice" neighborhoods. Some complexes said fuck that and went "Condo", privately owned apartments, but they are still far and few. Moral of the story, there really isn't anywhere left in Jacksonville that is really considered "nice". Even Mandarin is going down the shitter. Most people are moving out of the county into the newer neighborhoods in St Johns county down I-95 by the World Golf Village, everyone else is just fucked.
ETA, oh yeah.. Sunday at the Beach is "Reggae Sunday" at JamRock. The last time I went there accidentally on a Sunday night I thought I was going to get shot. I think it's sad that Jax Beach now has heavily armed what looks like SWAT team members walking up and down the boardwalk on the weekends.

My dad used to live in Middleburg, moved out to St. Auggie, and just closed on a house two years ago in Elkton. Far enough out to avoid the mess, close enough for shopping.

Mom, however, still lives off of 103rd St., and will probably never move.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 8:06:42 AM EDT
[#11]

welcome...
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 8:08:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its just one big ghetto now.

this, split 28 years growing up between sante fe...and jacksonville....only thing worse than jax is those big cities down south...glad im gone, FUCK THE NORTHSIDE
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 8:08:59 AM EDT
[#13]
this story is just the same all over this country, just change the name of the doudhebag that commits the crime and the name of the city. it's F'ing everywhere now, we are doomed . if you fight back or say anything, then your a racist
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 10:32:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Color me shocked..........again.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 10:38:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
My baby din' do nuffin'.

Link Posted: 8/14/2011 10:50:15 AM EDT
[#16]

Drawn and quartered...

Link Posted: 8/14/2011 10:59:00 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm against torture.  The Chinese used to say, "You may execute a gentleman, but you must not humiliate him."  Just put a bullet into him and be done with it.  Society will be better when that oxygen thief is gone.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 11:10:20 AM EDT
[#18]
JSO should have shot this one too
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 12:58:00 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My dad used to live in Middleburg, moved out to St. Auggie, and just closed on a house two years ago in Elkton. Far enough out to avoid the mess, close enough for shopping.

Mom, however, still lives off of 103rd St., and will probably never move.

Yep, my mom is like that, she's right in the middle of Arlington with no plans to move out of her paid off house despite the crime in the area.

Link Posted: 8/14/2011 1:26:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'm against torture.  The Chinese used to say, "You may execute a gentleman, but you must not humiliate him."  Just put a bullet into him and be done with it.  Society will be better when that oxygen thief is gone.

fuck that.

fucker needs to suffer, like his victim did.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top