Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2011 7:26:40 AM EDT
from msnbc:

MARTINSVILLE - A central Indiana teenager convicted in a school shooting that injured a former classmate was sentenced to 35 years in prison.

Sixteen-year-old Michael Phelps appeared before a Morgan County judge Friday in the March 25 shooting of 15-year-old Chance Jackson. His sentencing in the county seat of Martinsville took most of the day.

Phelps left the Morgan County Courthouse without comment after learning his sentence of 35 years - 30 in prison, five on probation - for attempted murder. It's the culmination of a school shooting case that forever changed Martinsville and victim Chance Jackson.

The judge also cited as one of the aggravating circumstances in this case - the fact that Phelps fashioned a weapon while in jail. Phelps' attorney even said his client was hard to control and he even though he told him he needed to be a saint in jail, he wasn't. In fact, shortly after the sentencing, prosecutors filed seven additional charges against Phelps, stemming from his behavior while in jail.

Those charges include intimidation, obstruction of justice, and causing battery with bodily injury. Prosecutors say while in jail, Phelps threatened witnesses, including one who was beat up the day before his original trial.

I'm sure that he will leave jail a model citizen and not some super jacked up criminal who will probably rob and kill a convenience store clerk when he gets out.  Guys like this need to get the elecrtic chair
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 7:28:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Throw him in the pool!
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 7:41:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Those are going to be hard years. When he gets out, he is going to be pretty beat up for his age. Still, another 10 years wouldn't hurt.

I wonder how much time he must serve before release?

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 7:42:48 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Throw him in the pool!

i see what you did there.

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 7:43:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 7:50:43 AM EDT
[#5]
And he's going to get more prison time of top of that for getting one of the witnesses beaten.

http://www.indystar.com/article/20110813/NEWS02/108130327/Martinsville-school-shooter-could-face-more-prison-time-after-?odyssey=nav|head
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 8:06:30 AM EDT
[#6]

It sounds like the whole family needs to be in jail.

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 8:11:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Don't worry, he probably won't last a third of those 35.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 8:12:42 AM EDT
[#8]
[Smiley] Drag his ass in the tub [/Smiley]
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 8:15:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Those are going to be hard years. When he gets out, he is going to be pretty beat up for his age. Still, another 10 years wouldn't hurt.

I wonder how much time he must serve before release?

15 years. Fuck the little shit.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 8:16:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guys like this need to get the elecrtic chair

Yep.

+1
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 8:17:02 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

from msnbc:

http://wthr.images.worldnow.com/images/15256232_BG1.jpg

MARTINSVILLE - A central Indiana teenager convicted in a school shooting that injured a former classmate was sentenced to 35 years in prison.

Sixteen-year-old Michael Phelps appeared before a Morgan County judge Friday in the March 25 shooting of 15-year-old Chance Jackson. His sentencing in the county seat of Martinsville took most of the day.

Phelps left the Morgan County Courthouse without comment after learning his sentence of 35 years - 30 in prison, five on probation - for attempted murder. It's the culmination of a school shooting case that forever changed Martinsville and victim Chance Jackson.

The judge also cited as one of the aggravating circumstances in this case - the fact that Phelps fashioned a weapon while in jail. Phelps' attorney even said his client was hard to control and he even though he told him he needed to be a saint in jail, he wasn't. In fact, shortly after the sentencing, prosecutors filed seven additional charges against Phelps, stemming from his behavior while in jail.

Those charges include intimidation, obstruction of justice, and causing battery with bodily injury. Prosecutors say while in jail, Phelps threatened witnesses, including one who was beat up the day before his original trial.

I'm sure that he will leave jail a model citizen and not some super jacked up criminal who will probably rob and kill a convenience store clerk when he gets out.  Guys like this need to get the elecrtic chair
He might think he's tough but when he gets to the real deal prison he will get bent over and be made to understand what tough really is.

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 8:17:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Prison will reform him and when he gets out he will be a model citizen!
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 8:18:04 AM EDT
[#13]
He will be out in 2 on good behavior.  

You have save room for drug dealers
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 8:18:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Phelps' mouth is a guarantee he will not be leaving prison in a vertical posture.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 8:21:18 AM EDT
[#15]
A older gentleman of my acquaintance who I consider very wise says that you always need to leave a person enough room to turn around.   When I see a case like this, I wonder if there are any absolutes in the area of human behavior.

Jane
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top