Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/12/2011 2:25:14 PM EDT
http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2011/aug/12/rick-perry-climate-sceptics-president

Perry calls global warming "all one contrived phony mess that is falling apart under its own weight." Unlike many of the other GOP presidential candidates, he hasn't expressed concern about climate change in the past, so he won't have to do any back-pedaling. Notorious climate denier Marc Morano is a big fan: "Based on climate views alone, anyone who is holding their nose voting for Mitt Romney because there's no other viable candidate will now rejoice to have an option with Rick Perry."

"I've heard Al Gore talk about man-made global warming so much that I'm starting to think that his mouth is the leading source of all that supposedly deadly carbon dioxide," Perry said in 2007.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 2:27:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool!
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 2:27:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 2:29:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Plus he has a sure fire way to get the economy back on track.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 2:30:01 PM EDT
[#4]
When are they going to build a machine that runs on the lies of Algore?
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 2:30:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, DUH!!!!
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 2:30:59 PM EDT
[#6]
We need to keep score - this is an important issue.

Romney - believes in human-caused global warming.
Gingrich - believes in human-caused global warming.

Perry - does not believe in human-caused global warming.

Not sure about the others...

-Gator
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 2:33:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 2:33:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

When are they going to build a machine that runs on the lies of Algore?

There is one-

http://www.treehugger.com/toilet-llqq-001.jpg

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 2:36:32 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 2:38:39 PM EDT
[#10]
he keeps looking better and better to me.

go Rick!
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 2:40:07 PM EDT
[#11]
He's right it is B.S. crap.

Trumped up propaganda designed to line the pockets of those in finance with a new commodity based literally on something invisible.  Michigan State University spent over $2 MILLION on carbon credits last year while tuition went up and university employees were laid off. It's bullshit.

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 2:41:40 PM EDT
[#12]
It's nice to hear it now, finally.  Would have been nicer, as with most of his comments of late, to have heard them back when he became governor.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 2:43:37 PM EDT
[#13]
At least hes going to challenge the Global Warming BS.  I'm still not that impressed by RINO Rick.  Hes better than the alternatives.  Take from that what you will.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 2:43:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Anyone with any scientific background knows man made global warming is bullshit.  I wonder how the voters will see this issue.  Remember most of these people aren't very smart and lack a scientific education –– and lets face it they were stupid enough to vote for obunghole.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 2:47:18 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

It's nice to hear it now, finally.  Would have been nicer, as with most of his comments of late, to have heard them back when he became governor.

"I've heard Al Gore talk about man-made global warming so much that I'm starting to think that his mouth is the leading source of all that supposedly deadly carbon dioxide," Perry said in 2007."

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 2:47:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Why don't they just call the Carbon tax what it is.......a tax on breathing.

It has always been a joke that if gov't could figure out a way to tax breathing they would.  Global Warming was their attempt.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 2:47:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Just a question... Is Perry the type of RINO that can be pulled to the conservative side? Or will he hold to the RINO line?

Don't know much about him, but so far he looks decent.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 2:50:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 2:53:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Just a question... Is Perry the type of RINO that can be pulled to the conservative side? Or will he hold to the RINO line?

If you mean do I think he's going to audit the Fed? I don't know...maybe.

Is he going to put us on the Gold Standard? No way.

Is he going to abandon all our bases overseas and take an isolationist pre-1941 America stance regarding foreign policy? No way.

Is he going to move for less regulations and a fair tax system that makes sense while promoting long term growth? Yup.

Is he going to work his rear off to balance the budget, reform entitlements, and end our yearly deficits? Yup.

Is he capable of beating the ever living crap out of Obama? Yup.

Will he start rounding up illegal aliens to deport them? Nope.

Is he going to legalize marijuana? Nope.

Is he going to pander to Christian Conservatives and talk about God constantly? Yup.

Will he be able to work with both parties? I think so.

Have to take the good with the bad with anyone who can be elected in a general elections. Conservatives are not the only people voting in November 2012.  We need swing voters and it would be nice to get some Reagan Democrats to secure the electoral college votes we need plus help push in a Republican Senate and stronger majority in the House.

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 2:55:48 PM EDT
[#20]
I'll go on record saying that I do belive that humans do cause some form of climate change.  But until someone can quantify how nature impacts global climate change and then can show me how humans impact global climate change I don't think that we should be spending $$$ to combat it.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 2:58:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:

"I've heard Al Gore talk about man-made global warming so much that I'm starting to think that his mouth is the leading source of all that supposedly deadly carbon dioxide," Perry said in 2007."  

He didn't become governor in 2007.  He was silent for a long, long time.

ETA:

Y'all can vote for who you want to, but you will have a really hard time saying that you weren't aware of Perry's tendencies.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 3:06:23 PM EDT
[#22]
I'd much rather see Perry win than Romney. He'd have my vote.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 3:08:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I would rather see Perry than Obama, but my expectations are pretty low at this point.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 3:10:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

My opinion.  He plays to the Conservative base.  Hes Conservative when it comes to the hot button issues.  He doesnt give a shit about the Texas border with Mexico and is all for the Trans Texas Corridor.

As a Texan, the border is an issue with me.  As an immigrant its an even larger issue with me.  I came here legally, paid my dues and got my citizenship and it wasnt hard or difficult.  I speak english and I have adopted the Texas culture as my own and America as my home.  I will not try to turn it into little Canada and what would be the point?  You cannot say the same for alot of illegals that come here.  Dont speak english, came here illegally, turn communities into little Mexico and even have jumped on the hate Whitey train (ie La Raza).  Do alot of them work their asses off? yes, more so than most Americans, especially those who want a hand out for nothing.

What I want out of a President is someone who is America first.  
Economy - America First.
Security - America First
Upholds the Constitution and quits fucking with it.  Gives freedom back to the people and we exercise our own right to choose whats best for us.  Reduces the debt by cutting non-essential programs and reduces the number of state dependents.  If your able bodied, get your ass to work.  No free rides for loafers.  Hard Work made America, laziness and apathy is whats killing it.
And someone who will take care of our Military.  I cannot say that enough.  We are America for christsake!  We set the tone for the rest of the world and when our Troops go into harms way they need the very best that we can provide them.  The best weapons, ammo, IBA, tanks, planes, bombs, boats, missles, etc. that we can afford to give them.

Can Rick Perry do that?  It remains to be seen.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 3:11:47 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm liking him more by the day.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 3:13:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Way to go, Rick.

Keep up the good work.

indeed Rick, make it hurt. Lets light this candle.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 3:14:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would rather see Perry than Obama, but my expectations are pretty low at this point.

The bar we have set isn't very high at this point.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 3:16:45 PM EDT
[#28]
I am glad he's running!
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 3:20:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

He is not a RINO.

He is a good man, and a firm Second Amendment supporter.

He has conservative beliefs and more moderate beliefs. I wouldn't lable him a RINO but he's no Goldwater.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 3:22:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Where has the Rick Perry and Al Gore documentation gone?

"There is something rotten in Denmark. It is a fact that Rick Perry not only endorsed Al Gore for President back in 1988 when he was a Democrat, he was also Gore's Texas Campaign Chairman"

Endorsed Al Gore & Voted For Jimmy Carter
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 3:24:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 3:24:51 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

"There is something rotten in Denmark. It is a fact that Rick Perry not only endorsed Al Gore for President back in 1988 when he was a Democrat, he was also Gore's Texas Campaign Chairman"

You mean when Al Gore was an NRA "A" rated moderate senator from the south?

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 3:27:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

He is not a RINO.

That's a RP supporter don't waste your breath
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 3:30:03 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Oh snap... I don't know how I managed to not comprehend what Rick Perry being President would do for my industry

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 3:32:35 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh snap... I don't know how I managed to not comprehend what Rick Perry being President would do for my industry

http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp221/The_Missourian/USMB/548735531v1_350x350_Front_Color-White.jpg

Just getting rid of zero will help the economy.

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 3:35:15 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He is not a RINO.

It's all the "WE DON'T NEED NO GOL DERN FREEWAY!" bastards and they're bullshit gonna get Obama re-elected.

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 3:35:36 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I tell ya, I'm not voting for that turncoat Ronald Reagan.  He supported Roosevelt and the New Deal, you know.  F$@#ng RINO.  

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 3:36:15 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Didn't Al Gore have an A+ rating from the NRA back then?

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 3:38:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 3:39:39 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm over you damn perrybots posting all the time. Did you hear his crazy talk in iowa last night? He's unelectable and any supporters are commies voting for obama.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 3:41:36 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Perry is certainly not an ideal candidate - IF we had a choice in the matter. Ultimately, I think it will be Perry vs. Romney in the primaries, and I think he'll win it. Voters want blood, and a RINO Republican isn't going to cut it. While Perry isn't that strong of a conservative, he's probably better than Romney and that's what matters. One thing we do know for sure is that he's solidly pro-2A.

Perry has some obstacles to overcome. Democrat for Gore, the TTC, mandatory HPV vaccine, etc. - but none should be dealbreakers. One of the bigger issues is that he's from TX, and the Obama campaign may try to link that to Bush. Scratch that - they WILL link that back to "it's Bush's fault, and Perry is his stooge".

At least he's finally in and we can get a more accurate representation in the polls and during debates. Of course, if he runs this campaign like he did his last gubernatorial campaign, he'll just lay low and hardly be seen.

Considering Texas' record of economic growth I'm not sure that's going to be a liability.  And I'm pretty certain thanks to President Thumbsucker's record over the past two years I think most people remember Bush much more fondly than they did in 2008.

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 3:42:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I'm over you damn perrybots posting all the time. Did you hear his crazy talk in iowa last night? He's unelectable and any supporters are commies voting for obama.

Do you have a youtube link?  I don't like him much but he tends to do the public speaking pretty well.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 3:43:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 3:43:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 3:43:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Perry is certainly not an ideal candidate - IF we had a choice in the matter. Ultimately, I think it will be Perry vs. Romney in the primaries, and I think he'll win it. Voters want blood, and a RINO Republican isn't going to cut it. While Perry isn't that strong of a conservative, he's probably better than Romney and that's what matters. One thing we do know for sure is that he's solidly pro-2A.

Perry has some obstacles to overcome. Democrat for Gore, the TTC, mandatory HPV vaccine, etc. - but none should be dealbreakers. One of the bigger issues is that he's from TX, and the Obama campaign may try to link that to Bush. Scratch that - they WILL link that back to "it's Bush's fault, and Perry is his stooge".

At least he's finally in and we can get a more accurate representation in the polls and during debates. Of course, if he runs this campaign like he did his last gubernatorial campaign, he'll just lay low and hardly be seen.

Considering Texas' record of economic growth I'm not sure that's going to be a liability.  And I'm pretty certain thanks to President Thumbsucker's record over the past two years I think most people remember Bush much more fondly than they did in 2008.

No.  The only reason that we are dealing with President Thumbsucker is George W. Bush.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 3:43:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

paulbot has spoken
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 3:44:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 3:45:19 PM EDT
[#48]
He's right
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 3:45:29 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No.  The only reason that we are dealing with President Thumbsucker is George W. Bush.

True, but that doesn't mean people won't appreciate him when compared to President Downgrade.  Even Dick Nixon had a renaissance in popularity after Jimmy Carter was through.

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 3:47:04 PM EDT
[#50]
He just got my vote!

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top