Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/11/2011 8:33:25 PM EDT
I had a co worker who knew I was prior service, and, he asked me about use of the Chinook
for inserting.  "Is that what they do?"  

Well yes.  It is what they do.  Sometimes you get the bear.  Sometimes the bear gets you.

Fucking conspiracy faggots make me want to choke them out.
It's really annoying working along side a guy you'd rather choke out just as soon as look at him.

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 8:34:35 PM EDT
[#1]
*facepalm*

IMB Moonbats & thread deletion.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 8:36:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Glad to see that your in a position of authority.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 8:38:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
*facepalm*

Is this lock worthy?  

Sorry.  Sometimes you get stuck working with some fuckhead that
you want to choke out.  

I don't work with the smartest sticks in the bundle either.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 8:38:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Something stinks about it, my guess is a local with some access gave them up via making a phone call.  The odds of shooting down the chopper loaded to the gills with the best operators in country are pretty scant.

Was it really an RPG that got them or a SAM?
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 8:39:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Glad to see that your in a position of authority.

Glad to be of service.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 8:42:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
*facepalm*

Is this lock worthy?  

you want to choke out.  

You work with her?

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 8:42:45 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

*facepalm*

Is this lock worthy?  

you want to choke out.  

No, not starting out it isn't. But people will show up and make it lock worthy, like all the others...

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 8:43:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Something stinks about it, my guess is a local with some access gave them up via making a phone call.  The odds of shooting down the chopper loaded to the gills with the best operators in country are pretty scant.

Was the Redwings debacle a set up too? What about Roberts Ridge? Tillman too?

Come on GD, what else you got in your crackpot brains?

God Damn you people kill me.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 8:46:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Ok Alex...
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 8:48:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
*facepalm*

Is this lock worthy?  

you want to choke out.  

You work with her?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi9W533aJp4

Gotta be 18 to work in the prison
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 8:50:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

controlled demolition

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 8:51:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok Alex...    

Straight to personal attacks.

I ask a question there for I must be a troofer.  

So the consensus is the Muj's just got lucky?

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 8:52:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Most conspiracy theories are stupid. Just ask "why?" about half a dozen times to figure that out.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 8:56:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

controlled demolition

I would assume the base has a fairly wide perimeter?  
RPGs are not guided, thus was a large volley of RPGs fired?
Are ther SAMs still floating around in A-stan?
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 9:07:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Spend years firing RPGs at choppers and eventually you get one.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 9:11:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Spend years firing RPGs at choppers and eventually you get one.

Pretty much.  

I told my co worker;  

You know that this isn't the first time, right?

He was like  

I try to stay calm when the ignorant come to call.  It's not
that they are stupid...It's just that they are ignorant.  They have no
idea.  Now, I'll submit that I have no idea how specops works and, I only served in
the conventional forces, but, I know that Chinooks are still a part of deploying
soldiers in Afganistan
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 9:19:25 PM EDT
[#17]
PSA: BEING SOME FLAVOR OF SPECIAL OPERATIONS DOES NOT MAKE YOU BULLET PROOF!

It does, in fact, make it more likely that you will catch a bullet at some point. SOF missions tend to carry higher risk level than most conventional units handle. The risk is mitigated as much as possible with higher levels of training, better equipment and more support, but the risk still remains.

Murphy struck. No more, no less. You do them a disservice by soiling their memory with talk of conspiracy.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 9:30:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It does, in fact, make it more likely that you will catch a bullet at some point. SOF missions tend to carry higher risk level than most conventional units handle. The risk is mitigated as much as possible with higher levels of training, better equipment and more support, but the risk still remains.

Murphy struck. No more, no less. You do them a disservice by soiling their memory with talk of conspiracy.

I wholeheartedly agree.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 9:31:03 PM EDT
[#19]
there will always be conspiracy theories

why get all fired up

LMAA

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 3:18:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Well Special Operators do tend to go to places where the risk of being shot is much higher...

AND it would not have mattered if the bird was full of orphans or puppies Teletubby would have taken a shot at it.
They take a shot at every opportunity. So the law of averages and Murphy and a few others say it will eventually happen.
The crash occurred at 0300L Dark on the ground, I don't know the moon or sky conditions but shooting at the big hovering shadow in the sky is not exactly high tech.
I would have to GUESS that the warhead hit in the front of the bird probably instantly killing the pilots and any chance of putting the bird down safely...
It is not the first time and won't be the last. Believe it or not Armed Combat is somewhat dangerous!
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 3:33:05 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

This.

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 3:40:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 3:43:11 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I had a co worker who knew I was prior service, and, he asked me about use of the Chinook

Well yes.  It is what they do.  Sometimes you get the bear.  Sometimes the bear gets you.

It's really annoying working along side a guy you'd rather choke out just as soon as look at him.

What conspiracy theory?

the one I've heard is that it was part of a cover-up either to

1. kill them because they knew too much or

2. stage their deaths so they could go into hiding.

RIP SEALs.

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 3:48:58 AM EDT
[#24]
I've been to the Tangi valley before.  At it's widest point, it's still pretty narrow, with hills and mountains on either side.  It's also pretty high in elevation.  The only helicopters available with heavy lift capability that can get up there are the Chinooks.  All you'd have to do is get lucky, sitting on top of a hill at the edge while they were doing take off or landing... very vulnerable at that point.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

controlled demolition

I would assume the base has a fairly wide perimeter?  

RPGs are not guided, thus was a large volley of RPGs fired?

Are ther SAMs still floating around in A-stan?

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 3:59:38 AM EDT
[#25]
This thread again??

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 4:03:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 4:03:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 4:16:24 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Something stinks about it, my guess is a local with some access gave them up via making a phone call. The odds of shooting down the chopper loaded to the gills with the best operators in country are pretty scant.

Was the Redwings debacle a set up too? What about Roberts Ridge? Tillman too?

Come on GD, what else you got in your crackpot brains?

God Damn you people kill me.

Amazing ain't it?

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 4:32:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Why were they in the bus? SEALs done ride the bus...
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 4:41:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok Alex...    

Straight to personal attacks.

I ask a question there for I must be a troofer.  

So the consensus is the Muj's just got lucky?

luck is a big part of war.

9/11 was a pretty lucky shot.

the Germans got lucky when they bombed Pearl Harbor didn't they?
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 4:41:27 AM EDT
[#31]
A group from the Taliban infiltrated a military base gain access to the manifest and flight plan for the flight, then transmitted that  to an outside team who then got in the best location to shoot down the chopper or
Some Taliban saw a military chopper, didn’t know who was on it, took a shoot and got lucky.
What is Occam's razor?
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 4:46:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Anyone who seriously believes this is some conspiracy is ban-worthy, imo.

Anywone who considers that this might be a conspiracy for longer than it takes to think "hahah thats fucking retarded" to himself is an abject, window-licking retard.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 4:47:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

This.

Its war, this shit happens. It sucks but it happens.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 4:48:35 AM EDT
[#34]
I am a sub contractor and even I would not put all my best workers on one bird, sorry if you think I am a pain in your ass, but I would have put half on one and the other half on another.

when a manufacture flies their top dealers to a meeting in vegas, say. every time we take 4 or 5 different planes and that is just from one vendor in Florida.

it was probably just a Ramadan gift that would make for a better play in Obama's up coming movie on how he got Osama
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 4:54:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Seriously what do you think?  This president has a list of shady deeds that makes the devil look like a up-standing trustworthy fellow!   It says more about the publics trust level of the Govt, than anything else.   Also this doesn't diminish the memory of the fallen soldiers, but rather shows them respect in the fact that people seek the truth about their deaths.

Do I believe that Govt killed these men?  I like you, don't truely know all the facts.  So state Murphy's law or spat your RPG knowledge all you want.  But people are entitled to their own opinions.  May fate and luck have its way with whoever was responsible.

Always watch your six.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 5:02:09 AM EDT
[#36]
BTW when I said our government was putting the guns in the hands of drug cartels, everyone said I was full of shait. when I said the cartels would be killing leo's on the border they said the same thing, and again I said it would be a ploy to force gun control I was called a moonbat. when I said Obama will not prosecute the black panthers for voter intimidation ditto.

I have buddies that were shot up Laos but were left to die because we were not supposed to be there and when they made it back they were whisked of to germany and their records show they were embassy guards that got injuries in a bar fight.

never trust the government, never they will bend you over and lie about it afterwards
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 5:20:55 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Anyone who seriously believes this is some conspiracy is ban-worthy, imo.

Anywone who considers that this might be a conspiracy for longer than it takes to think "hahah thats fucking retarded" to himself is an abject, window-licking retard.

Any government spokes mouth should never be the arbiter of truth.

Being eclectic in sources of information would help humanity break out of the programming.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 5:25:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I think what we have here.....is a failure to communicate
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 5:29:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
there will always be conspiracy theories

why get all fired up

LMAA

this, also the # of them are proportional to the square of the public's distrust in its .gov, so it's only going to get worse
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 5:31:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I am a sub contractor and even I would not put all my best workers on one bird, sorry if you think I am a pain in your ass, but I would have put half on one and the other half on another.

when a manufacture flies their top dealers to a meeting in vegas, say. every time we take 4 or 5 different planes and that is just from one vendor in Florida.

it was probably just a Ramadan gift that would make for a better play in Obama's up coming movie on how he got Osama

They didn’t put all their best on one chopper we lost 30 military personnel some were Navy SEALS.  A terrible loss, but we have hundreds of elite forces. If we would lost a whole Ranger Battalion I’d be suspicious.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 5:42:27 AM EDT
[#41]
Such moonbatery. I received a gem via E mail last night from a coworker.

Seems the Obama klan needed something to head off the scrunity over the forged birth certificate. They faked the while OBL raid with Seal Team 6, then had the Team knocked off to appease the goat breeders.

Here is a snip:

Why would the Obama regime kill Americans? I think the question is, why WOULDN'T the Obama regime kill Americans? The Obama regime is composed of Marxist-Leninist psychopaths. A glancing, superficial survey of 20th century history shows one glaring fact above all others: MARXISTS MURDER PEOPLE WITHOUT COMPUNCTION. Marxists also hate Americans, by definition. Three tacks:
1. The men on board the Chinook may have been the same men who participated or had direct knowledge of the staged Bin Laden raid and were killed to permanently silence them. See my email exchange of May 5 above.
2. These DEVGRU men were killed to send a signal to the surviving DEVGRU men who carried out the Bin Laden raid to keep their mouths shut.
3. Certainly, the release of the unit identity of the dead within hours ¬ before even family notification could have been made (which requires an IN PERSON visit to the family, remember) was an obvious bow to Al Qaeda, the Taliban and the entire muslim world. This event was INSTANTLY propagandized by the Obama media as "revenge" exacted for Bin Laden's death. And remember, Bin Laden has been dead for many years. The raid of May 2 was pure stagecraft to distract the world from the release of the forged Obama birth certificate.

Cockroaches come out of the wordwork during time like these.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 6:02:23 AM EDT
[#42]

Being that I wasn't there to witnessed the event first hand
I entertain all plausible scenarios, I don't put my full stock in to any single
explanation, the people who blindly and vehemently deny any thing other than
the official story are just as narrow mindlessly focused as a conspiracy theorist...

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 6:08:17 AM EDT
[#43]
RPG is totally feasible, but I wonder if it may have been a SAM.

SA-7's and Stingers are still floating around(according to DoD statistics).

Makes no difference to me though, the end result of either is 31 of the best we have died
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 6:12:07 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 6:18:46 AM EDT
[#45]
and Obama got a good scene for his up coming movie
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 6:33:41 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

BTW when I said our government was putting the guns in the hands of drug cartels, everyone said I was full of shait. when I said the cartels would be killing leo's on the border they said the same thing, and again I said it would be a ploy to force gun control I was called a moonbat. when I said Obama will not prosecute the black panthers for voter intimidation ditto.

I have buddies that were shot up Laos but were left to die because we were not supposed to be there and when they made it back they were whisked of to germany and their records show they were embassy guards that got injuries in a bar fight.

never trust the government, never they will bend you over and lie about it afterwards
worth repeating.

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 6:41:28 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Not sure why this is so hard for some to understand. They shoot at any helicopter they can. They set up ambushes JUST FOR THAT PURPOSE as well. Sometimes you get lucky and get a chopper. Sometimes you get lucky and get a chopper full of a lot of high speed guys.

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 8:18:26 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
RPG is totally feasible, but I wonder if it may have been a SAM.

SA-7's and Stingers are still floating around(according to DoD statistics).

Makes no difference to me though, the end result of either is 31 of the best we have died

If you had read one of the MANY articles floating around on ARFCOM you would have seen that it was in fact a RPG.

Ever seen a shithook up close? What about at 100m and 200m? Its a big SOB and you would have to be a total fucktard to miss it at 100m when its on approach or taking off.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 8:32:55 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Such moonbatery. I received a gem via E mail last night from a coworker.

Seems the Obama klan needed something to head off the scrunity over the forged birth certificate. They faked the while OBL raid with Seal Team 6, then had the Team knocked off to appease the goat breeders.

Here is a snip:

Why would the Obama regime kill Americans? I think the question is, why WOULDN'T the Obama regime kill Americans? The Obama regime is composed of Marxist-Leninist psychopaths. A glancing, superficial survey of 20th century history shows one glaring fact above all others: MARXISTS MURDER PEOPLE WITHOUT COMPUNCTION. Marxists also hate Americans, by definition. Three tacks:
1. The men on board the Chinook may have been the same men who participated or had direct knowledge of the staged Bin Laden raid and were killed to permanently silence them. See my email exchange of May 5 above.
2. These DEVGRU men were killed to send a signal to the surviving DEVGRU men who carried out the Bin Laden raid to keep their mouths shut.
3. Certainly, the release of the unit identity of the dead within hours ¬ before even family notification could have been made (which requires an IN PERSON visit to the family, remember) was an obvious bow to Al Qaeda, the Taliban and the entire muslim world. This event was INSTANTLY propagandized by the Obama media as "revenge" exacted for Bin Laden's death. And remember, Bin Laden has been dead for many years. The raid of May 2 was pure stagecraft to distract the world from the release of the forged Obama birth certificate.

Cockroaches come out of the wordwork during time like these.

Holy Shit.  That is some good crazy right there.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 8:41:14 AM EDT
[#50]
The story is gonna change some more before it's over....
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top