Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2011 5:28:32 PM EDT
Sesame Workshop: Bert And Ernie Just Friends, Have No Sexual Orientation

Bert and Ernie are best friends. They were created to teach preschoolers that people can be good friends with those who are very different from themselves.

Even though they are identified as male characters and possess many human traits and characteristics (as most Sesame Street Muppets™ do), they remain puppets, and do not have a sexual orientation.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:28:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:29:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Give them another five years and they'll be out like an incandescent light-bulb.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:31:23 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

This!

A little faith was restored today, albeit a miniscule amount.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:31:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Sesame Workshop: Bert And Ernie Just Friends, Have No Sexual Orientation

Bert and Ernie are best friends. They were created to teach preschoolers that people can be good friends with those who are very different from themselves.

Even though they are identified as male characters and possess many human traits and characteristics (as most Sesame Street Muppets™ do), they remain puppets, and do not have a sexual orientation.

Well, onto Plan B.

The LGBT group also wants a Trans-gendered character on Sesame Street.

They say it'll help to reduce bullying in schools and suicides.
I'm not kidding.

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:32:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Remember: There is no gay agenda.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:35:13 PM EDT
[#6]
So................there was a debate on the sexual orientation of 2 hand puppets
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:36:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted from the Comments:

"This is obviously just a kowtow to the hetero-normative oppressors. Bert
in Ernie are clearly homosexuals, they just choose to be celibate,
because Ernie sublimates his sexual desire by regressing into childlike
antics. He frequently becomes psychotic and speaks to inanimate objects,
like a rubber duck. This, combined with an extreme sexual frustration
and an unsightly uni brow, is what ultimately makes Bert so grumpy all
of the time."
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:36:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So................there was a debate on the sexual orientation of 2 hand puppets

One side was astonished that anybody would think there was, the other side argued vehemently for it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:36:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:37:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Remember: There is no gay agenda.[img]http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_thinking.gif[/img]

Just conditioning. Put stuff out in peoples face constantly and long enough and it becomes accepted and normal.

That's what I overheard over lunch one day awhile ago from a group in a restaruant near here.

They may be right.

Danny
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:38:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

"This is obviously just a kowtow to the hetero-normative oppressors. Bert in Ernie are clearly homosexuals, they just choose to be celibate, because Ernie sublimates his sexual desire by regressing into childlike antics. He frequently becomes psychotic and speaks to inanimate objects, like a rubber duck. This, combined with an extreme sexual frustration and an unsightly uni brow, is what ultimately makes Bert so grumpy all of the time."

"Sometimes... a cigar is just a cigar."
- ––SIGMUND FREUD.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:40:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:

This!

A little faith was restored today, albeit a miniscule amount.

Meh. They see the way the next Congress is going- not the way of PBS. They want to make sure their funding is secure.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:41:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

"This is obviously just a kowtow to the hetero-normative oppressors. Bert in Ernie are clearly homosexuals, they just choose to be celibate, because Ernie sublimates his sexual desire by regressing into childlike antics. He frequently becomes psychotic and speaks to inanimate objects, like a rubber dick. This, combined with an extreme sexual frustration and an unsightly uni brow, is what ultimately makes Bert so horney all of the time."

FIFY

Danny
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:41:59 PM EDT
[#14]
I didn't know that the puppets had genitals, which I always thought was a prerequsite for having a sexual orientation.
I must be out of the loop.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:43:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I didn't know that the puppets had genitals, which I always thought was a prerequsite for having a sexual orientation.
I must be out of the loop.

Maybe they're just into fisting?

Danny
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:43:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

One side was astonished that anybody would think there was, the other side argued vehemently for it.

Obviously the side I'm on

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:46:30 PM EDT
[#17]
I think this video indicates otherwise.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvUn26ADZG4&feature=related
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:48:46 PM EDT
[#18]
I have nothing against someone's sexual preference, great that they can now get married, adopt and try to lead a "normal" life but I'll speak for my generation which grew up on Mr. Rogers, The Electric Company and Sesame Street.Leave Bert and Ernie alone it's a children's show and should be left with what little innocence we have left in this society.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 8:47:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 8:48:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Gay.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 8:49:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Remember: There is no gay agenda.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top