Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2011 5:27:15 PM EDT
He is suggesting that we are "under taxed" in this country.  Since over 38% of my income last year was taken from me I respectfully vehemently disagree.  Here is his explanation:

In 2001 the CBO estimated that net US public debt would be negative 2.5 trillion. Then George W. Bush cut taxes, started 2 wars with no provision to pay them, and significantly expanded the size of the Federal governm...ent - in Bush's last budget (which many blame on Obama incorrectly) the US had a 1.2 trillion dollar annual deficit and we were inevitably headed to the current situation. Spending at 25% of GDP and taxing at 15% of GDP is both overspending and under taxing (when long-term averages of taxation are ~20% of GDP).

How would you reply?  Smartass answers welcome along with the serious ones!
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:29:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
He is suggesting that we are "under taxed" in this country.  Since over 38% of my income last year was taken from me I respectfully vehemently disagree.  Here is his explanation:

In 2001 the CBO estimated that net US public debt would be negative 2.5 trillion. Then George W. Bush cut taxes, started 2 wars with no provision to pay them, and significantly expanded the size of the Federal governm...ent - in Bush's last budget (which many blame on Obama incorrectly) the US had a 1.2 trillion dollar annual deficit and we were inevitably headed to the current situation. Spending at 25% of GDP and taxing at 15% of GDP is both overspending and under taxing (when long-term averages of taxation are ~20% of GDP).

How would you reply?  Smartass answers welcome along with the serious ones!

Tax the 51% of Americans who pay nothing to the .gov at 38%, including the poor, rich, and the old. In other words, flat tax. Until then I'd say to get their "progressivist" head out of their ass.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:31:37 PM EDT
[#2]

How do I make a contribution to the U.S. government?

Citizens who wish to make a general donation to the U.S. government may send
contributions to a specific account called "Gifts to the United
States." This account was established in 1843 to accept gifts, such as
bequests, from individuals wishing to express their patriotism to the
United States. Money deposited into this account is for general use by the federal government and can be available for budget needs. These contributions are considered an unconditional gift to the government. Financial gifts can be made by check or money order payable to the United States Treasury and mailed to the address below.

Gifts to the United States

U.S. Department of the Treasury

Credit Accounting Branch

3700 East-West Highway, Room 622D

Hyattsville, MD  20782

Pmc

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top