Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2011 1:09:37 PM EDT
Obviously, there are better and lesser quality of auto glass. How can I find out who installs the better type?

I'm on my third windshield and it is cracked to the point that I'm courting a traffic ticket.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 1:10:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Tar and Chip roadwork and installation have more to do with cracking than laminated glass quality.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 1:11:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine is really bad too.

It was out of my field of view, went to a car wash, now
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 1:14:03 PM EDT
[#3]
One of mine  due to a rock, the others were heat-related. There are FOUR cracks, you can see the difference between the laminations.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 1:14:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Auto glass pricing is the same regardless of quality..demand a factory replacement with OE numbers...
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 1:15:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 1:29:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Look for a  shop that sells OEM Distributor auto glass. It's made to the original specifications. Safelite is a maker of aftermarket glass that is OEE [original equipment equivalent] and will be of lesser quality.

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 2:45:17 PM EDT
[#7]
In AZ we go through a LOT of them. I like Pilkington. They hold up well and I haven't noticed any distortion. But beware, they are Canookian.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top