Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/11/2011 12:20:29 PM EDT

They wouldn't dare. Imagine the protests!

Petition on Government website calling for looters to be evicted from council houses receives 100,000 signatures in 48 hours

• Website crashed after massive demand

• Those convicted will lose
    their benefit entitlement

• Manchester council vows to boot out looters

Last updated at 6:20 PM on 11th August 2011

Over 100,000 people have called for
convicted rioters and looters to lose their benefits saying they show a
disregard for the country that provides for them.

An online petition at epetitions.direct.gov.uk demands welfare-dependent rioters convicted of offences linked to the recent disorder should surrender their state handouts.

Now
the figure has topped 100,000 signatures and the petition has proved so
popular the government site hosting it has crashed under the strain.

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 12:23:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, I am sure I am going to get hit with the racist .avi for this one.

I think if the Brits are asking us how we deal with gangs, and there is a cry for home and shop owners to be allowed
firearms for self defense.  Maybe we should try this out as well.  Commit a crime and your family (if they are on public assistance)
loses their rights to said public assistance.

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 12:24:03 PM EDT
[#2]
If that actually takes place I will eat a shoe.*

*Of my choosing.  May not be actual shoe, but food shaped in a shoe-reminiscent manner.  Offer void on days ending with the letter "y".
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 12:25:44 PM EDT
[#3]
As well it should be.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 12:28:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I wonder if you asked the Brits this.

Hey Brits, should the lazy welfare leeches lose their free houses if they commit other crimes too , or just looting??

I bet youd be  surprised.

Ask the same question here, youd get the same response . At a bare minimum 45% would be against evicting criminals from free housing.

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 12:29:38 PM EDT
[#5]
...not enough signatures.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 12:36:39 PM EDT
[#6]
hit
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 12:43:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, between the story of baseball bat sales being up 6,500% and this, I'd say there's a good chance that this riot will turn out to be a blessing in disguise for the British people. Maybe they'll start getting their nation back on the right course.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 12:44:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Hard to believe they are "ahead" of us in this one...
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 12:45:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Breathing is a benefit.

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 12:48:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Not to derail this thread but I didn't want to start yet another thread on the London riots.
Found this in one of my techie emails - hope our goenrment doesn't get any ideas to pull this sort of crap...

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9219114/Britain_s_PM_considers_social_media_ban_to_curb_riots?source=CTWNLE_nlt_pm_2011-08-11
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:34:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Not to derail this thread but I didn't want to start yet another thread on the London riots.

Found this in one of my techie emails - hope our goenrment doesn't get any ideas to pull this sort of crap...

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9219114/Britain_s_PM_considers_social_media_ban_to_curb_riots?source=CTWNLE_nlt_pm_2011-08-11

I am ok with the government banning Twitter and Facebook.

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:41:31 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 6:26:47 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How about the social media that you are posting on right now?

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 6:38:23 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Probably be shut down before facebook or twitter.

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 7:00:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Good for them. Kick them to the curb. I am second genertion English generation. I have worked for what have, Scew them.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 5:10:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whoa, whoa, that's different.  Let's not be hasty.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 5:12:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 5:16:14 AM EDT
[#18]
New plan.

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 5:17:09 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

...not enough signatures.

The others that would sign are too busy protecting their homes from being looted.

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 5:24:00 AM EDT
[#20]
"Welfare handouts", "Council Housing"...what the fuck is wrong with the world?  I see young people rioting.  Working age people.

Same thing in America.  Why are they/we  paying for this shit? We need to vote politicians into office who promise to cut "entitlements" off. If I can work, they can too.
I don't give a damn if it causes a fucking revolution or civil war.  If they want to act like mangy dog trash, they can get put in a cage or shot between the eyes like mangy dog trash.
Too many idiots living in fear of riots and letting these weak minded, disease ridden hoodlums hold a gun to our heads.  It's robbery, nothing less.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 5:25:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 5:37:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Well, between the story of baseball bat sales being up 6,500% and this, I'd say there's a good chance that this riot will turn out to be a blessing in disguise for the British people. Maybe they'll start getting their nation back on the right course.

Man I hope so.  Standing by for unprecedented butthurt.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 6:23:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 6:25:27 AM EDT
[#24]
England has become a bigger pussy than the French now.

What has happened to my former country?
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 6:25:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 6:27:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Bring back Penal Colony and set on up in Afghanistan.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 6:30:41 AM EDT
[#27]
We need to follow a similar path here.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 6:45:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Lets see here

I have no problem with this.  None at all.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 6:48:18 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I think if the Brits are asking us how we deal with gangs, and there is a cry for home and shop owners to be allowed
firearms for self defense.  Maybe we should try this out as well.  Commit a crime and your family (if they are on public assistance)

i like this idea....
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 6:49:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
If that actually takes place I will eat a shoe.*

christmas eve....

*Of my choosing.  May not be actual shoe, but food shaped in a shoe-reminiscent manner.  Offer void on days ending with the letter "y".

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 6:51:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
"Welfare handouts", "Council Housing"...what the fuck is wrong with the world?  I see young people rioting.  Working age people.

Same thing in America.  Why are they/we  paying for this shit? We need to vote politicians into office who promise to cut "entitlements" off. If I can work, they can too.
I don't give a damn if it causes a fucking revolution or civil war.  If they want to act like mangy dog trash, they can get put in a cage or shot between the eyes like mangy dog trash.
Too many idiots living in fear of riots and letting these weak minded, disease ridden hoodlums hold a gun to our heads.  It's robbery, nothing less.

I love your ideas Lootie and agree 100% but, where could we find even a handful of politcians with the balls to get up and say they want to cut entitlements?
The problem, as I see it is, there are now to many of them (people with entitlements) than there are of us, that's why we can't vote them out anymore.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 6:54:40 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

firearms for self defense. Maybe we should try this out as well. Commit a crime and your family (if they are on public assistance)

HELL YES.

I think this is a great idea along with drug testing.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 6:55:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Good.  It will never happen, but I like the brain storming.

I like the crime thing for here.  I would vote for anyone running on that platform.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 6:55:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 6:58:02 AM EDT
[#35]

This man should be Britains next Prime Minister.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 7:06:47 AM EDT
[#36]
It seems pretty simple to me.  You pay them not to riot.  They riot.  Stop paying them.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 7:18:56 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
It seems pretty simple to me.  You pay them not to riot.  They riot.  Stop paying them.

i've got a simpler solution, and it involves hickory shampoos.

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 7:20:34 AM EDT
[#38]
Time for another riot
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 7:20:53 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

i've got a simpler solution, and it involves hickory shampoos.

I'm not ruling that out.  My solution only addresses the financial problem.  Crowd control is another issue entirely.  
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 7:33:24 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Our Government IS facebook.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 7:36:46 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I'd consider moving to Britain if he became PM.

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 7:38:10 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

I wonder if you asked the Brits this.

Hey Brits, should the lazy welfare leeches lose their free houses if they commit other crimes too , or just looting??

I bet youd be  surprised.

Ask the same question here, youd get the same response . At a bare minimum 45% would be against evicting criminals from free housing.

I got news for you, in jersey they have been evicting entire families if Jr or anyone in the family gets caught dealing drugs from the housing unit.

They have been doing this nation wide here for a long time

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 7:39:26 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Oh well, so long to the after-market big rims  and custom 'grille' shops...

I would support that proposition.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 7:55:13 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Our Government IS facebook.

Facebook is a CIA front.

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 7:56:17 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

We need to follow a similar path here.

Don't worry, we wont.

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 7:57:09 AM EDT
[#46]

The bastards!

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 8:06:09 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

It is called "Legal Plunder" and it was recognized by Fredric Bastiat nearly 200 years ago.

http://www.constitution.org/law/bastiat.htm

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 8:13:41 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

that guy is awesome
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 8:19:07 AM EDT
[#49]
Mean-spirited
Draconian
Tax the rich
Balanced
Bush's fault
Revenues
Throwing poor children into the street
Starving senior citizens
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 8:30:39 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

that guy is awesome

Pat Condell. He'll never be PM, he's an atheist. Google up his anti-muslim rants on youtube for a bit of fun.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top